Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

There's something about a really special outdoor performance when it's pissing rain. It elevates it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Fridays a fairly straight forward one for me...
    Main Stage 7-12 Billie Eilish / Dermot Kennedy / Hozier
    Body & Soul 12-4 International Teachers of Pop / Flohio / EMBRZ

that embrz gig is going to be super chilled

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    There's something about a really special outdoor performance when it's pissing rain. It elevates it somehow.

Taking positivity a bit far Stillill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

weird.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Taking positivity a bit far Stillill.

Ha. Maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Daft Punk Marlay Park 2006 - the rain just added to the sensory experience.

Just me then. PSB a couple of years ago at Body and Soul. Hammering down. They were brilliant. I was beaming, looking around, everyone beaming back at me. Look at the state of us, out in a monsoon but isn't it beautiful.
    Kind of thing.
    Look, I'm just in good form. Go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ChrisM96

Quick question, I'm trying to get a last minute ticket to EP and found somebody who is selling a family camping ticket.

Is there anybody who knows if I can use the family ticket for general camping instead or will I just not be admitted?

Just me then. PSB a couple of years ago at Body and Soul. Hammering down. They were brilliant. I was beaming, looking around, everyone beaming back at me. Look at the state of us, out in a monsoon but isn't it beautiful.
    Kind of thing.

If it remains dry during TCM we'll pour our water bottles on you to add to your sensory experience. All while beaming at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Kind of thing.

Was there. Can confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 mattyff

any update on codes?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Was there. Can confirm.

Another one due a Boardsies soaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Nathaniel Rateliff in the rain 3 or 4 years ago was great

• Registered Users Posts: 19,657 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Man I would go out naked in a hurricane and thunder and lighting storm just to see Daft Punk play live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

What is EP's fascination with the 2 Johnnies about? A stand alone announcement about a stage time for them on twitter.
    At least I know to avoid Terminus at 5 on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

They announced The 2 Johnnies to play their Terminus stage. How does that warrant it's own announcement? Surely they aren't that popular and they are already playing elsewhere. It's at 5 o'clock though which would indicate that stage will be open all day and not just at night time which I thought might be likely if it was going to be a dance music stage. Surely they will need to have some acts (even Irish acts) in order to fill out the tent if it is going to run all day.

Re: gigs in the rain, I sort of know what Stillill means. New Order in the rain a few years ago and The Wailers at ATN a few weeks ago it was lashing and certainly did make the gigs feel a bit more special the fact that everyone still gave it their all. The problem for me is after the gig it is very hard to motivate yourself to stay out in the rain if you are soaked to the bone! A poncho will definitely be on the shopping list over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Kind of thing.

That was quite the soaking alright. Well worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭totothejuggler

Fridays a fairly straight forward one for me...
    Main Stage 7-12 Billie Eilish / Dermot Kennedy / Hozier
    Body & Soul 12-4 International Teachers of Pop / Flohio / EMBRZ

that embrz gig is going to be super chilled

Exact same as me, really looking forward to EMBRZ

there are probably hundreds of accounts that have 3+ picnics who do not go anymore. I would like to think that this registration is to ensure that the allocated loyalty tickets find their way into the hands of people who want them and not in some dormant account that will not use the code.

Stop fretting.

Maybe there should be a loyalty scheme for the loyalty scheme.

Maybe there should be a loyalty scheme for the loyalty scheme.

Now that I think of it. The loyalty tickets should be tied to the buyers ID.(Is that the way Glastonbury is?) That way the tickets would not be resold at a profit by anyone prepared to fork up the money in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Thursday night:

4 acts listed now at Salty Dog for Thursday from 19:30, which is good, but no sign of the previously announced Comedy event at Hazelwood on the EP App schedule, work in progress i suppose.

Actually, nothing at all on App schedule for Hazelwood, and a few other areas missing also at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

Poorside wrote: »
    What is EP's fascination with the 2 Johnnies about? A stand alone announcement about a stage time for them on twitter.
    At least I know to avoid Terminus at 5 on Saturday

Don't forget to come back for Kneecap after them though!!

Also clashfinder is incorrect, kneecap are down for Sunday but are playing Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Kind of thing.

I was there, was absolutely amazing. Everyone was there for PSB and enjoyed it so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

The Wailers during a heavy shower at ATN was a special moment. With a few drinks ingested and a good poncho you're laughing at any rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Are the Pogues’ tribute act playing this year? They were great craic at SD last year, but don’t think I’ve seen them announced anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭duckdiggler

I'd say you could nearly count on your hands the number making money exclusively from music. Just have to hope that the likes of We Cut Corners, Ships, etc who have other jobs outside the music continue to release good stuff when they can, and that a few more like Fontaines, etc can rise to the top and actually make money off the music too.

FFS people - go to gigs, buy some merch and pay for a bloody vinyl or all we'll have left is Gavin f*cking James!!!

:mad:

*rant over*

Well said - I couldn't agree more

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Re: gigs in the rain, I sort of know what Stillill means. New Order in the rain a few years ago and The Wailers at ATN a few weeks ago it was lashing and certainly did make the gigs feel a bit more special the fact that everyone still gave it their all. The problem for me is after the gig it is very hard to motivate yourself to stay out in the rain if you are soaked to the bone! A poncho will definitely be on the shopping list over the next few days.

Even the Foo's in Dublin last week in the rain actually added to the atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are the Pogues’ tribute act playing this year? They were great craic at SD last year, but don’t think I’ve seen them announced anywhere.

Didn't they sink the stage about 2 or 3 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

ITT : Glass half full attitude to outdoor gigs in the rain.

Fair play to you all. Fecking wierdos.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

weird.

Just as it started to rain on the Sunday last year:

Advertisement