Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

One question on the Loyalty Scheme

Has anybody received an email to say that their registration has been received. I filled up the form on the loyalty scheme page but have not got a confirmation of registration email

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

What are the 2 times KKK are playing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Limerick91 wrote: »

Has anybody received an email to say that their registration has been received. I filled up the form on the loyalty scheme page but have not got a confirmation of registration email

I did likewise. I didn't get an email, but the "reply" page said "Thank you" for the submission and that I would get a code on 6th September if I qualified.

Don't expect an email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Limerick91 wrote: »

No, i did it this morning, its confirmed onscreen only. I double checked my “past events” on my TM orders, and i qualify for 3 or more picnics. I also emailed TM, and they said he reason i did not get the offer last year is because i did not register - which is totally correct, it went over my head. They said, assuming what i am telling them is correct i should receive a loyalty code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

the FB banter page says Terminus stage is cancelled!
    someone was electrocuted (survived) during a soundcheck due to leak in the electrics
    anyone else hear that?

Don't believe a word of what you read in the group. Its full of dopes.

And bodhrandude. :pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

fafy wrote: »
    What are the dates for EP 2020, is it Fri Aug 28th kick off, or Sept 7th kick off !

It'll be Sept 4th / 5th / 6th.
    The way to tell is, the Monday following the Picnic is the 1st Monday of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

you trying to win their FB competition? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

As someone who enjoys Dance music with a few gargles in me but knows nothing about it, who are the better ones to go see this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

I did likewise. I didn't get an email, but the "reply" page said "Thank you" for the submission and that I would get a code on 6th September if I qualified.

Don't expect an email though.

registered today and got same notification from the website - dont expect to get an email

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    you trying to win their FB competition? :pac:

Is there a compo?
    Haha no , I know with the late night Sunday show I’ll miss it as my wife isn’t drinking Sunday , has to work Monday morning so we’ll be leaving around 10 or 11 . So hoping to catch their other set over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

BigMo1 wrote: »
    As someone who enjoys Dance music with a few gargles in me but knows nothing about it, who are the better ones to go see this year?

Kolsch, Maceo Plex, Richie Hawtin and Amelie Lens would be the big ones this year. Fjaak as well if you're into the heavier bang bang stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Spreece wrote: »
    So, The Streets are more than likely headlining the EA on Friday, (10:30 to midnight). Is that the consensus or am I delusional again?

I notice he has a track with Flohio who's playing body and soul that night which I guess makes him (slightly) more likely for the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Currently loving Moxie

Spotify

Defo try to get there to check them out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

It's a pity Natasha is an absolute wagon who treats her staff really poorly in front of punters. Every time I've been to her stand (the van) and she's been present she's barking at them, speaking to them like they're idiots and she's not much better to customers. I wouldn't normally speak poorly of a small Irish business, especially one serving veggie and vegan food, but I just steer clear of anything with the branding now.

Can't say I've eaten there in the last few years. Grabbed something about 3 years ago in the pouring rain thinking a hot stew type thing would be perfect- lukewarm and no taste. So I just shelter and listen to the music now

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Amelie Lens, Richie Hawtin, Kolsch, Kelly-Ann Byrne and Mother DJ's all worth a visit and a bop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,699 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but no sign of Johnny Marr on the stage times but his twitter account is saying 6pm on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yes

Thanks again. Final question. Is there a major need to get to the family camping area early on Friday or would getting there around six be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

the empty spot between Khartoum and Otherkin on the SD Friday night, will be filled by Scary Éire.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0826/1071017-irish-hip-hop-pioneers-scary-eire-join-ep-line-up/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Ficcss wrote: »
    Don't have a pair of wellies feel like its to late now unless I want blisters any suggestions for keeping your feet dry?

You can pick up waterproof socks in most hiking/cycling shops. I got a pair of Sealskinz last year in Halfords. I also have a cheaper Lidl/Aldi pair. I do find they can get a bit cold in them once wet but my feet stayed dry. Maybe a normal pair of socks inside would have been the job but might make the shoes too tight with that many layers. Usually €20 - €30 a pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

was anyone at "Grannies Gaff" last year?
    i heard it was a right laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

No have never gone in, but passed by it on the way back to pink moon a few times last year and it looked like brilliant craic. I passed by just as they were getting to last tune of the night so security wouldn't let anyone else in but it was full of people of all ages giving it socks dancing and singing their hearts out. Plan on checking it out one of the nights this year! Just looked like a fun place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Highlight of last year. The cheesiest of dance songs, every single person there having great craic and the DJ lad was unreal.

"F*ck Berlin, this is Glasnevin" was the motto for that spot last year. I'll be back there in the early hours of Saturday morning.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the empty spot between Khartoum and Otherkin on the SD Friday night, will be filled by Scary Éire.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2019/0826/1071017-irish-hip-hop-pioneers-scary-eire-join-ep-line-up/

nice one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

tvercetti wrote: »
    You can pick up waterproof socks in most hiking/cycling shops. I got a pair of Sealskinz last year in Halfords. I also have a cheaper Lidl/Aldi pair. I do find they can get a bit cold in them once wet but my feet stayed dry. Maybe a normal pair of socks inside would have been the job but might make the shoes too tight with that many layers. Usually €20 - €30 a pair.

I find a better option is a pair of plastic bags over my regular socks and in my shoes. When the shoe laces are tied fairly tightly they keep my feet dry.

Certainly a bit cheaper too :D

Highlight of last year. The cheesiest of dance songs, every single person there having great craic and the DJ lad was unreal.

"F*ck Berlin, this is Glasnevin" was the motto for that spot last year. I'll be back there in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Where abouts is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Hi all, we're hoping to go, we have a car and caravan. Am I right in saying that we need a "car and caravan" ticket as opposed to a regular campervan ticket?

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Are the Pogues’ tribute act playing this year? They were great craic at SD last year, but don’t think I’ve seen them announced anywhere.

Afraid not, back next year they say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I heard the two Johnnies have been electrocuted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

To be fair to ticket master the loyalty scheme wasn't very well defined, I mean like people sending in photos of themselves at the picnic or a photo of x3 wrist bands, nonsense! :) how can you control or quantify that!!

In saying that I really hope eligible people get a code atleast, then I can see it being 1st come 1st served.

Advertisement