Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Fatfrog wrote: »
    To be fair to ticket master the loyalty scheme wasn't very well defined, I mean like people sending in photos of themselves at the picnic or a photo of x3 wrist bands, nonsense! :) how can you control or quantify that!!

In saying that I really hope eligible people get a code atleast, then I can see it being 1st come 1st served.

The pre registration only applies when you purchased online. Never thought my TM purchase history would come in handy, but it should do in this case, full TM history, going back to 2008, Also, reminded me how much i spend on gigs over the years and that excludes all the other ticket vendors. Shur what else would i be doing, and ya can’t put a price on all those different and unique experiences

To be fair to ticket master the loyalty scheme wasn't very well defined, I mean like people sending in photos of themselves at the picnic or a photo of x3 wrist bands, nonsense! :) how can you control or quantify that!!

In saying that I really hope eligible people get a code atleast, then I can see it being 1st come 1st served.

The pre registration only applies when you purchased online. Never thought my TM purchase history would come in handy, but it should do in this case, full TM history, going back to 2008, Also, reminded me how much i spend on gigs over the years and that excludes all the other ticket vendors. Shur what else would i be doing, and ya can’t put a price on all those different and unique experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

I heard the two Johnnies have been electrocuted

I thought rubber had a high electrical resistance...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Thanks again. Final question. Is there a major need to get to the family camping area early on Friday or would getting there around six be okay.

It gets proper busy at that time, what with people finishing work and then heading down. But that said you’ll still get a spot easy enough. Probably a bit further away from the entrance but it’s not a huge field so it’s not as if it’s epic walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Any tips on getting in contact with Pink Moon?

Trying to transfer a booking to somebody else ... but no answer from them!

Can't remember ever having to show photo id on check in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Any chance the rest of the times announced will be friday and Saturday only sunday already clash central. I am getting giddy and impatient now, akways happens when times released.

And f**k the weather it will still be a blast (probably a bit rich as a non camper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Any tips on getting in contact with Pink Moon?

Trying to transfer a booking to somebody else ... but no answer from them!

Can't remember ever having to show photo id on check in?

they dont give a sh*t about names, as long as you have your booking ID,
    we share every year and usually arrive at different times
    they never ask any of us for ID, if you have the code thats all they want

i think their official line on it is that they are non-transferable anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No EP yet on Festable? Does it not go up when there's a Clashfinder? Does the Clashfinder have to be complete? I should know all this at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Any chance the rest of the times announced will be friday and Saturday only sunday already clash central. I am getting giddy and impatient now, akways happens when times released.

And f**k the weather it will still be a blast (probably a bit rich as a non camper)

I've already got my schedule filled from 2pm to 4am on both Friday and Saturday. Happy to have further clashes with better bands but happy enough with what I'll see.

No Frank & Walters for me in 2019. Rough clash for them with the Bunnymen and Strokes. There goes much of their audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Clashfinder is still far from complete anyway, think Festable will work with what is there now but you might have to update or reinstall when the clashfinder is finished for all stages to appear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

It’s worse the forecast is getting, it will be cold Sat and Sun nights folks!

https://twitter.com/carlowweather/status/1166068678577852417?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    No EP yet on Festable? Does it not go up when there's a Clashfinder? Does the Clashfinder have to be complete? I should know all this at this stage.

I had to delete and reinstall, then it appears.

Hi all, we're hoping to go, we have a car and caravan. Am I right in saying that we need a "car and caravan" ticket as opposed to a regular campervan ticket?

Cheers :)

In theory yes but many on here have got in with either I am told.

Hi all, we're hoping to go, we have a car and caravan. Am I right in saying that we need a "car and caravan" ticket as opposed to a regular campervan ticket?

Cheers :)

In theory yes but many on here have got in with either I am told.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Has anyone staid in the Rainbow Teepe or simular in Pink Moon (Specifically during Heavy Rain) looking at those charts for Friday and into Saturday anywhere from 5-12mm forcast hoping they have a good waterproof rating could be a wet one! Probably thinking into it too much...
    Are they single or double skinned?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 carneal

we stayed in the two man ones for past 2 years once during very heavy rain and we were dry..i think it may get abit nippy at night tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ficcss wrote: »
    Has anyone staid in the Rainbow Teepe or simular in Pink Moon (Specifically during Heavy Rain) looking at those charts for Friday and into Saturday anywhere from 5-12mm forcast hoping they have a good waterproof rating could be a wet one! Probably thinking into it too much...
    Are they single or double skinned?

Double skinned, make sure they're pegged down properly, ours weren't one year and we got washed out of it, using them again for the first time after a few years of using the belle pads, hope this time is a better experience, bringing a mallet just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

You will be grand ours held out ok a few years back in heavy rain but I did hear some tipis leaked

Whats happens in Pink Moon, if your tent leaks badly, through no fault of your own, making it unusable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Ah, I will be coming prepared for the cold, just don't want to wake up to a waterboarding or come back to wet beds pillows and cloths!

Cold air means cold cans so that's a win in my books!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

fafy wrote: »
    Whats happens in Pink Moon, if your tent leaks badly, through no fault of your own, making it unusable ?

They'll sort it out, they have spare gear

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Afraidofwhatun

BigMo1 wrote: »
    As someone who enjoys Dance music with a few gargles in me but knows nothing about it, who are the better ones to go see this year?

Mella Dee will be a good fun set, not too hard or banging, just feckin niice.

Check out 'Sometimes the Going Gets a Little Tough (Going Got a Bit Tougher)'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Villain living up to his name. This will sort out the men from the hunzos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Has anyone bought either of these waterproofs trousers before.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-hi-vis-waterproof-pants-mens-634185#colcode=63418513

or

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/gelert-packaway-trousers-mens-442148#colcode=44214803

obvious choice for me is the Dunlops for that cool Men at work vibe but I have to be practical here ;)

Have any of you bought those packaway gelert waterproofs before?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

Poorside wrote: »
    Double skinned, make sure they're pegged down properly, ours weren't one year and we got washed out of it, using them again for the first time after a few years of using the belle pads, hope this time is a better experience, bringing a mallet just in case.

Halfords have mallets reduced to 50c if anyone needs one

I’ve never bothered with them before but picked up one yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Annani wrote: »
    Halfords have mallets reduced to 50c if anyone needs one

I’ve never bothered with them before but picked up one yesterday

I don't think the queues for the beer will be that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Annani

everlast75 wrote: »
    I don't think the queues for the beer will be that bad!

With the salty dog situation you never know! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What time are we talking about meeting on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Someone a while back asked about places to shelter - loads of cool spots in mindfield and if you’re peckish drop into theatre of food they have a drinks theatre and food stage - always free food and drink tastings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭1perriwinkle

Hi, can someone tell me the best place to sell 2 EP weekend tickets? Genuine reason for sale and I'm a regular poster on boards so I'm legit/not trying to pull a fast one :-) I'm based in Galway and don't want to have to go to loads of hassle - if some one can point me in the right direction, like a reputable website or something, I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement