Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

When is media day on site?
    They usually have one last surprise at that don't they?

Dermot & Dave have something from it today, should a few videos floating about soon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Charlie wrote: »
    Did someone mention that Krystal Klear is booked but not announced?

No, i messaged him to see was he playing and he said no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

When is media day on site?
    They usually have one last surprise at that don't they?

don't think they do really. Usually down on Wednesday I think? We've a few on here that go to it, so might be able to clarify!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

King Kong Company twice on Sunday? Oh EP, why have you forsaken me

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

optogirl wrote: »
    I'm seriously down about having to go home on Sunday - it's never been this bad/good

Snap. Sunday is by far the best day!

I am scheduled to give a presentation to 100+ people Monday 11am with an international industry expert (that I organised to come here:eek: - didn't cop dates).

I am slowly but surely convincing myself that I can take it very handy on Sunday, catch The Streets, Cathy Davey and Meltybrains and either head home then or sleep and straight to work Monday morning....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Alkers wrote: »
    What's left to be announced still for stage times?

Body & Soul stages
    Trailer park stages
    Hazelwood
    Global Green
    Theatre of Food
    other Mindfield stuff
    Transmission
    Pubail Gaeilge
    Just Eat Retreat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I find a better option is a pair of plastic bags over my regular socks and in my shoes. When the shoe laces are tied fairly tightly they keep my feet dry.

Certainly a bit cheaper too :D

i tried that the last time i went, was pretty wet and it worked but my god the smell when i took my shoes off was unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can forget about the shoe talk they'll be just as useful as our tshirts...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Friday night line up is very weak. James Blake should send everyone in EA nicely off to snooze land by midnight. Hozier closing the main stage. Another snore fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

App is updated with times for the new Freetown stage.

Ameile is on Friday 10.30 to help a weak Friday. Only two acts Friday, pity they didn't fill out Friday night.

Sunday looking like a disaster for clashes.

• Advertisement

Spreece wrote: »
    Friday night line up is very weak. James Blake should send everyone in EA nicely off to snooze land by midnight. Hozier closing the main stage. Another snore fest.

Arnt you a little ray of sunshine :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Still no map on the EP website which is fcuking nonsense. And whoever is updating the site with the band info is royally messing everything up. It's a total sh1tshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Still no map on the EP website which is fcuking nonsense. And whoever is updating the site with the band info is royally messing everything up. It's a total sh1tshow.

Traffic sh1tshow incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thank god for your website Pablo. Its a godsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Have to agree , Friday is the weakest for me .
    Of course the 3 main ones I wanted to see are at the same time - Billie , sports team and miles Kane

Sunday is deadly , I’ll be raring to go with so many good lads playing but I can sense a row with my wife , she can’t drink , driving home that night as has to work early Monday morning . No doubt I’ll annoy her when I’m supping away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It's nothing until they unleash the wasps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Lad reporting from EP on Today FM, basically, Mud.

Finding lots of little half clashes and full clashes
    The streets v Kolsch another one

Poorside wrote: »
    Lad reporting from EP on Today FM, basically, Mud.

Can’t be muddy already, last few days have been warm and sunny in the midlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

It's nothing until they unleash the wasps too.

SUNDAY
    Food vendors have run out of everything. There is only wasp meat and mud.

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Arnt you a little ray of sunshine :p:p:p

Trying to be positive but I have to drive home Sunday night and all my favourite acts are on Sunday. Friday’s lineup is so dull. James Blake is just so dull and boring imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Can’t be muddy already, last few days have been warm and sunny in the midlands?

Ah the ground will be taking in water from the last couple of weeks, and its been fairly rainy the last while. I expect it to be very muddy over the w.e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭endainoz

Trying to be positive but I have to drive home Sunday night and all my favourite acts are on Sunday. Friday’s lineup is so dull. James Blake is just so dull and boring imho.

No point in trying to bring everyone else down just because you have to leave Sunday though is there?

sorry to all ye leaving on sunday....

I actually love james blake, his latest album is so so good. Im not sure il be in the zone to see him at 10.30 on friday night though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Amazon32 wrote: »
    App is updated with times for the new Freetown stage.

Ameile is on Friday 10.30 to help a weak Friday. Only two acts Friday, pity they didn't fill out Friday night.

Sunday looking like a disaster for clashes.

Having a brand new dance stage for 8,000 people and then having it finish at midnight (presumably) feels pointless! Seems like there wont be as much going on past midnight this year?

endainoz wrote: »
    No point in trying to bring everyone else down just because you have to leave Sunday though is there?

You’d want to be very sensitive if one lads comment on James Blake brings everyone else down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

One of the few acts that have me interested over the entire w/e. I hadn't noticed he was dull and boring. Might not bother now.

Edit: but i do agree with your Friday night is lite thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That Kiwanuka v Streets v Courtney Barnett clash is truly bad. Add in the Special Guests at Jerry Fish and that's one big dilemma. Missing all so it's some relief to know I'd not be able to see all those artists. But I'm only fooling myself, what a beautiful conundrum to have.

Having a brand new dance stage for 8,000 people and then having it finish at midnight (presumably) feels pointless! Seems like there wont be as much going on past midnight this year?

ah here! i assumed that would we open well on in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    ah here! i assumed that would we open well on in the morning!

I could be completely wrong now. But last acts on each stage seem to be at 10.30ish so assuming they are playing 90 min sets like the rest of them. What a waste!

Advertisement