Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dusters

When is media day on site?
    They usually have one last surprise at that don't they?

Media Day is today... I am usually there and was supposed to be there this year but no can do and am gutted :-(

Laois Today are posting loads in their Insta stories about it though! Runs until just after lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Having a brand new dance stage for 8,000 people and then having it finish at midnight (presumably) feels pointless! Seems like there wont be as much going on past midnight this year?

More like a bigger little big tent really. Further away from the other tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

[

Traffic sh1tshow incoming.[/quote]

Why do you think?

(as per every year thanks again for the app, an example of usability thru simplicity!)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

One of the few acts that have me interested over the entire w/e. I hadn't noticed he was dull and boring. Might not bother now.

Edit: but i do agree with your Friday night is lite thing.

Mad...innit??

My Friday is loaded...from start to finish--first time ever that I've had so many acts that I want to see, and no clashes.

...add to that, that I have a gap in my Sunday schedule that I could drive a bus through (3.5 hours!)

Each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Here's a look at the new Spike Island stage. Looking pretty good!

https://twitter.com/ShaneBeattyNews/status/1166288896805801985

• Advertisement

Here's a look at the new Spike Island stage. Looking pretty good!

https://twitter.com/ShaneBeattyNews/status/1166288896805801985

rafters to hang me wet gear on .. cool.

Peterd66 wrote: »

Traffic sh1tshow incoming.

Why do you think?

(as per every year thanks again for the app, an example of usability thru simplicity!)

Welcome for the app .. was only kidding about the traffic. As pointed out above .. we need WASPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Amazon32

Sunday - Florence Vs The Streets Vs Kolsch Vs Michael Kiwanuka Vs Elder Island (not seeing much love for them, they are fantastic)

Best plan I can come with is Streets for 20 mins, Kolsch and then catch some of Elder.

Kolsch to Maya Jane to King Kong to Gaudi is a loose finish to the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

Was/Is Freetown billed as a dance/electronic area?

I really don't see Spike Island as a good fit.

Looks like a cool spot though. Very Like Jimmi Lee's Juke Joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah that Sunday night clash-fest is awful! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 LimboSlice

Welcome for the app .. was only kidding about the traffic. As pointed out above .. we need WASPS!

Please god no wasps! Only place Ive ever been stung is at EP. One year they got me as I was queueing for the wristband exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Amazon32 wrote: »
    Sunday - Florence Vs The Streets Vs Kolsch Vs Michael Kiwanuka Vs Elder Island (not seeing much love for them, they are fantastic)

Best plan I can come with is Streets for 20 mins, Kolsch and then catch some of Elder.

Agreed with Elder Island!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Amazon32 wrote: »

Gaudi at 2.30am on Monday AM, jeez. Thankfully I'm not above leaping about sober (driving to Co Antrim in the morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Rfrip wrote: »
    sorry to all ye leaving on sunday....

I actually love james blake, his latest album is so so good. Im not sure il be in the zone to see him at 10.30 on friday night though

Yea, I love James Blake, but is very much a wind down act, and I wont be ready for winding down @10.30 on Friday night. I wouldn't mind, but he has some absolute bangers, but he does usually stick with the slower ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

I'm surprised Charli XCX didnt get a main stage set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Was/Is Freetown billed as a dance/electronic area?

I really don't see Spike Island as a good fit.

Looks like a cool spot though. Very Like Jimmi Lee's Juke Joint.

Yep it was in a press release earlier in the year, well Terminus was to be specific.

"Anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8,000 capacity mega-stage for electronica and dance (presented as an Eastern Bloc architectural colossus), Freetown will rise from the ground for just 4 days of the year."

Maybe the 2 Johnnies are playing a DJ set :P

Yep it was in a press release earlier in the year, well Terminus was to be specific.

"Anchored by Terminus, a brand new 8,000 capacity mega-stage for electronica and dance (presented as an Eastern Bloc architectural colossus), Freetown will rise from the ground for just 4 days of the year."

Maybe the 2 Johnnies are playing a DJ set :P

It's a big tent isn't it?

I don't care.

...I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah some colossus!!

My timetable is a bit light earlier in the days with a lot of gaps (apart from multiple clashes after 9pm). I need to fill it out a bit.

Has anyone any tips for acts that don't excite particularly on recordings but put in stunning live performances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

Pink moon camping...what's the pros and cons?!

Is it any craic or more like organised fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

that tent is going to be stupidly packed. Mass exodus to Christine & the Queens afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

smurph6 wrote: »

Clean toilets hot showers, clean, space around your tent to sit out, and you can sleep 3am - 8am without dickheads shouting "nice onnnneee bbrrruuuvvvvaaa".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I thought it was this new yoke, outdoors (photo from last week so probably look better now):

68639067_10217522357868548_6484947334701514752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlGlvRGQ81jv5wuDt4XWZXsK1mHrMAATw6b2yWl0Hkiu2TlTJ24ZsnqEeNZpvqtmWo&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=0f6ab0261d200267566feec28152d1b9&oe=5DCCE3A6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

started looking at the schedule using the EP app.

once again

zELkklM.jpg

I thought it was this new yoke, outdoors (photo from last week so probably look better now):

That makes more sense. Someone posted a pic of a large tent yesterday saying it was Terminus.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

d_levins wrote: »

Clean toilets hot showers, clean, space around your tent to sit out, and you can sleep 3am - 8am without dickheads shouting "nice onnnneee bbrrruuuvvvvaaa".

Ha I was trying to find out about the curfew. So is it 3am cut off...that's actually graaand! Thought it was 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

68639067_10217522357868548_6484947334701514752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlGlvRGQ81jv5wuDt4XWZXsK1mHrMAATw6b2yWl0Hkiu2TlTJ24ZsnqEeNZpvqtmWo&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=0f6ab0261d200267566feec28152d1b9&oe=5DCCE3A6

thats Provodencia, I think.
    which is the food area in freetown if i'm right,
    I think Freetown is name for all of Provedencia, spike island and terminus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Ha I was trying to find out about the curfew. So is it 3am cut off...that's actually graaand! Thought it was 12/1

Don't think there's a curfew?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

This might be a stupid question but I see 'Cynema' listed as performing on Body & Soul Sanctuary stage at 2.45am on Sunday night/Monday morning - is this the Irish producer who used to go by 'Cinema' after undergoing a name change or is it someone else?

I remember a few cool Cinema tunes and a really good live set in Cork a few years ago but wasn't aware of a name change, if one happened, or is it just a similar name!

Advertisement