Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭LowOdour

smurph6 wrote: »

Got offered a tent there so trying to weigh up my options! Anyone looking forward to Mitski btw
    She, along with Parquet Courts were on my small list of must-see's, ranging that they are clashing.

Only managed to get a few songs of their set the last time the P'Courts played EP, so might have to give them the majority of the time slot

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kop77 wrote: »
    Help..:)

We have weekend camping tickets and we are going Friday, our two kids can only come with us on Saturday but I was told we have to bring them in Friday for us all to get wristbands at the same time,.... doesn't sound right?

Yes that's right. You won't get into Family Camping without kids, and they need to be registered on the EP website beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Can someone tell me where Grannie's Gaff is on the map? I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

Poorside wrote: »

It's the old EA tent, EA has supposedly gotten an upgrade.

Hopefully they have also upgraded the sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Starting to do my Clashfinder tagging. The only main stage act I’ve down is Billy Eilish. Has to be the first time this has happened me with an EP line-up. Enough to be getting on with elsewhere, but jaysus.

Edit: oops! I’ve Richard Ashcroft down as a strong maybe as well, but even so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yes that's right. You won't get into Family Camping without kids, and they need to be registered on the EP website beforehand.

thank you..,

I forgot to mention we won't be camping this year... just coming and going each day, still need the kids with us on the Friday to get them the wristbands or will they get them on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

alastair wrote: »
    Starting to do my Clashfinder tagging. The only main stage act I’ve down is Billy Eilish. Has to be the first time this has happened me with an EP line-up. Enough to be getting on with elsewhere, but jaysus.

Edit: oops! I’ve Richard Ashcroft down as a strong maybe as well, but even so.

Five for me over the whole weekend. Your two plus Strokes, David Keenan, Christine & the Queens.

Not many more in recent years. Glastonbury the same with the main stage and I've learned to look elsewhere. Not hard finding alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Five for me over the whole weekend. Your two plus Strokes, David Keenan, Christine & the Queens.

Not much more in previous years. Glastonbury the same with the main stage and I've learned to look elsewhere. Not hard finding alternatives.

I've zero on the Main Stage this year, first time ever in 9 picnics. Ashcroft maybe if there's nothing else on.

Agreed re: Pyramid Stage - the only band I've seen an entire set there in four outings has been The Cure (but what a set!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Main stage for me is just Billie and Christine.

Is this the first year that the main stage has not had a big dance act closing out at least one night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Is this the first year that the main stage has not had a big dance act closing out at least one night?

2014 I dont think they did. Pet Shop Boys if you are counting them?

• Advertisement

Pretty sure it is. May imply one for Freetown. Probably the Groove Armada set.

And in weather news Accuweather are giving a decent forecast (probably haven't caught up) & the Met Office has the heaviest of the Friday night rain after 1/2 on Sat morning. Won't be hanging around for Otherkin on the SD at 3am. Their farewell tour in December more likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Can someone tell me where Grannie's Gaff is on the map? I can't find it.

It's @ Art Lot by Hazelwood.

2005 - Fatboy Slim
    2006 - Groove Armada
    2007 - Chemical Brothers
    2008 - George Clinton (Underworld in Electric Arena)
    2009 - Orbital
    2010 - Massive Attack
    2011 - Chemical Brothers
    2012 - Orbital
    2013 - Fatboy Slim
    2014 - Pet Shop Boys
    2015 - Underworld
    2016 - LCD Soundsystem
    2017 - Pete Tong & That Orchestra Thingy
    2018 - Massive Attack

2014 I dont think they did. Pet Shop Boys if you are counting them?

Yep, PSB on Fri & Chic late on Sat. No Nineties dance act but does a Seventies disco sensation nearly count?

Yep, PSB on Fri & Chic late on Sat. No Nineties dance act but does a Seventies disco sensation nearly count?

Ah, 2014 was a messy year for us, I vaguely remember PSB being quite late to the stage so we left after Portishead.

My list above is cobbled together from Wikipedia so clearly full of errors!

rubick wrote: »
    2005 - Kraftwerk
    2006 - Groove Armada
    2007 - Chemical Brothers
    2009 - Orbital
    2010 - Massive Attack
    2011 - Chemical Brothers
    2012 - Orbital
    2013 - Fatboy Slim
    2014 - Portishead
    2015 - No Dance headliner (Sam Smith/FATM/Blur)
    2016 - LCD Soundsystem
    2018 - Massive Attack

Fatboy Slim headlined the main stage in 2005, Kraftwerk in the EA.
    Underworld headlined the main stage on the Friday in 2015.

So looks like this year is the first without some sort of Dance/Disco/DJ headliner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

rubick wrote: »

2005 - Kraftwerk
    2006 - Groove Armada
    2007 - Chemical Brothers
    2009 - Orbital
    2010 - Massive Attack
    2011 - Chemical Brothers
    2012 - Orbital
    2013 - Fatboy Slim
    2014 - Pet Shop Boys
    2015 - No Dance headliner (Sam Smith/FATM/Blur)
    2016 - LCD Soundsystem
    2018 - Massive Attack
    Sam Smith (crap) was on the main stage before Blur on the Saturday night. I think Underworld headlined the Friday that year.

Sam Smith (crap) was on the main stage before Blur on the Saturday night. I think Underworld headlined the Friday that year.
    Fixed David! Seathrun was in slightly before you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Check out @laoisnews on instagram for a sneak peek at freetown :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Will there be anywhere to watch Sky Sports on the Saturday? Man United have early KO at 12:30 which will be shown on TV.

• Advertisement

So looks like this year is the first without some sort of Dance/Disco/DJ headliner

It's actually quite nice of FR to have the dance area closer to where I usually camp. Very considerate to the aged raver.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Will there be anywhere to watch Sky Sports on the Saturday? Man United have early KO at 12:30 which will be shown on TV.

Walk into Stradbally- one of the pubs there probably will have it on

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Highly unlikely. If you're really that much of a glutton for punishment you could walk into Stradbally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Not many more in recent years. Glastonbury the same with the main stage and I've learned to look elsewhere. Not hard finding alternatives.

Keenan on at 6, you're surely not skipping TCM?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Highly unlikely. If you're really that much of a glutton for punishment you could walk into Stradbally.
    Unfortunately I am! Much of a walk lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Depends on where you're camping, 10-15 mins from Pink moon

At least 30 minutes, maybe more depending on which campsite your'e in.
    I'll be doing the same Sunday morning for the Celtic game. thankfully it'll be over by 2, so I won't miss a whole lot.

Depends on where you're camping, 10-15 mins from Pink moon

What way from Pink moon, out by the train tracks just up from the paintball entrance, then up to the main road?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

It will be a long silent coach ride home from Southampton I reckon.

Don't do it .. forget the football for a w/e.

Plus, it's man u .. you know it's not going to be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

And in weather news Accuweather are giving a decent forecast (probably haven't caught up) & the Met Office has the heaviest of the Friday night rain after 1/2 on Sat morning. Won't be hanging around for Otherkin on the SD at 3am. Their farewell tour in December more likely.

Weather Apps generally rely on a single weather model and are fully automated so take with a pinch of salt each big change.

The latest charts show rainfall tracking further East on some models which brings more of the heavy stuff over Stradbally but it may be after 1am before it arrives.

My latest update is below:
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166317393368551426?s=20

Advertisement