Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Villain wrote: »
    Weather Apps generally rely on a single weather model and are fully automated so take with a pinch of salt each big change.

The latest charts show rainfall tracking further East on some models which brings more of the heavy stuff over Stradbally but it may be after 1am before it arrives.

My latest update is below:
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166317393368551426?s=20

Villain first of all, thank you for the updates. I have been following your twitter like a hawk these past few days praying that something will turn in our favour. I am hoping the heavy stuff holds off until at least after midnight.

Once this heavy band passes around Saturday lunch time how are we looking then? Just the odd shower or is there more heavy stuff to come? Might be too far out to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I was going to create a WhatsApp group if there's interest.

Handy for communicating while we're up there, sorting meetups etc.

PM me phone numbers if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Villain wrote: »
    Weather Apps generally rely on a single weather model and are fully automated so take with a pinch of salt each big change.

The latest charts show rainfall tracking further East on some models which brings more of the heavy stuff over Stradbally but it may be after 1am before it arrives.

My latest update is below:
    https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166317393368551426?s=20

Suits me just fine. I'll be f*cked by then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

You might be better off just sharing the group link for others to join

maximoose wrote: »

The one for ATN ended up being way too big, hundreds of people joined! If it was just this thread (small ish numbers) I'd join but I couldn't handle a group of 300+ people again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

kop77 wrote: »
    thank you..,

I forgot to mention we won't be camping this year... just coming and going each day, still need the kids with us on the Friday to get them the wristbands or will they get them on Saturday?

We went Friday on our own last year and brought our daughter no bother Saturday and Sunday. Didn't camp either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭endainoz

maximoose wrote: »

Maybe a PM is better, the ATN one was off the rails altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

endainoz wrote: »
    Maybe a PM is better, the ATN one was off the rails altogether

I lasted half an hour in it. All done with the best intentions, fair play but completely overwhelming. I struggle with my family one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Any news from bodhrandude?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I lasted half an hour in it. All done with the best intentions, fair play but completely overwhelming. I struggle with my family one.

Also when trying to preserve precious battery you don't want your phone ding ding dinging

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Rfrip wrote: »
    Any news from bodhrandude?!!

He's in final negotiations with Festival Republic to get Aphex Twin to turn up to do a tombola in the Trailer Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

optogirl wrote: »
    Also when trying to preserve precious battery you don't want your phone ding ding dinging

You can just mute the group chat. You'll still get messages just not the notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So, let me see if I get this right.

Seathrun suggested right of the sound desk for TCM and now he's feckin' off to David Keenan?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Keenan on at 6, you're surely not skipping TCM?

Worry not, I'll be there. Just got my Brewdog supply sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You can just mute the group chat. You'll still get messages just not the notifications.

You can also turn off push notifications so that messages only come through when you check for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sam Smith (crap) was on the main stage before Blur on the Saturday night. I think Underworld headlined the Friday that year.

I could have sworn that Hot Chip played before Blur on the Saturday. My memory playing tricks on me again!

Had a look at the 2015 line-up there...
    Grace Jones
    My Morning Jacket
    Belle & Sebastian
    Ride
    Daithi
    LA Priest
    Future Islands
    Hot Chip
    Blur
    Mac deMarco
    The War on Drugs
    Roisin Murphy
    Battles
    Yasiin Bey
    Jon Hopkins
    Hinds
    Marika Hackman
    Parquet Courts
    Low
    Shamir
    The 2 Bears
    Tourist
    EMBRZ
    Interpol
    Manic Street Preachers
    Pond
    Jape
    Django Django
    Villagers
    FKA Twigs
    Tame Impala
    Viet Cong
    Girl Band
    Lapsley
    Julio Bashmore

F*cking hell. And that's without even delving into the Jerry Fish, Trenchtown, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Check out @laoisnews on instagram for a sneak peek at freetown :)

Their latest post reads:

"Melvin Benn head of @epfestival with today’s Leinster Express �� He said his top acts this weekend will be Hozier, The 1975 and Billie Eilish! He also said the new Providencia area in Freetown is a must-see this weekend and that moving Salty Dog and Trenchtown into the main arena is a positive move! More to come on leinsterexpress.ie later"

If you say so Melvin!

Edit: But if it weren't perceived as a negative move, why would you have to state that it is positive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Their latest post reads:

"Melvin Benn head of @epfestival with today’s Leinster Express �� He said his top acts this weekend will be Hozier, The 1975 and Billie Eilish! He also said the new Providencia area in Freetown is a must-see this weekend and that moving Salty Dog and Trenchtown into the main arena is a positive move! More to come on leinsterexpress.ie later"

If you say so Melvin!

Edit: But if it weren't a negative move, why would you have to state that it is positive?

I would imagine the full piece could include the following...
    "It's a positive move for Heineken who can expect to sell plenty more pints of warm piss in plastic cups," Mr Benn said.

TBF to him, he's obviously been asked a leading question by a journalist who is just doing their job. "How will moving Salty Dog effect things for people who love to hang out there with cans?" He's always going to respond by saying it's a good thing.

I avoid WhatsApp for that exact reason. On Fri and Sat we'll have music to catch and answering messages is too time-consuming for me personally.

Best to meet up with Boardsies on Fri, say hello, swap numbers if you wish and you'll be seeing each other around over the weekend anyway as many of us have similar itineraries.

72 hours to the Salty Dog. I'll hopefully be there early for Cherym and the Special guests.

So, let me see if I get this right.

Seathrun suggested right of the sound desk for TCM and now he's feckin' off to David Keenan?

A-ha ha. No, I'll be there. Punk IPA sourced today and will accompany me to the SD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

haha I was the opposite, had notifications off. Thought it was great to pop in and out of. Under no obligation to read every message, or answer anyone, just one big massive stream of consciousness festival hive-mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Too many clashes but a gap from 10 until 3 on frday night if i hang around for otherkin at 3 (depends on alcohol consumption and weather). Any suggestions of whats on to fill gap.
    Unless i am mistaken vulpynes only playing Thursday. Can anyone prove me wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aspiring Banger Merchant

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Too many clashes but a gap from 10 until 3 on frday night if i hang around for otherkin at 3 (depends on alcohol consumption and weather). Any suggestions of whats on to fill gap.

Going with Amelie Lens @10.30 and then International Teachers of Pop at Midnight, followed by Flohio - both at B&S. Friday is light enough for me but that trifecta is going to be epic and take me across a whole spectrum of genres. Will wrap up for the night at Otherkin all things going well :D

Mucker46 wrote: »

Shura may be worth a look at 10.30. Guardian were pushing her last week:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/aug/20/shura-aleksandra-denton-forevher-touch-nothings-real

James Blake first two albums were excellent, but he can be very low-key. International Teachers of Pop sound pretty entertaining though possibly a marmite bunch. Little else for me but I'll keep listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sackedlunch23

Hi All,

This questions was asked a few pages back but without much response from what I can tell. Wife and I have last minute tickets. We're regular Pink Mooners and have been on the lookout for someone selling.

Other than the usual advice of meeting face to face etc, are there steps we can take to make buying from a third party less risky? I.e. can Pink Moon change the name on the booking etc? The nightmare scenario is landing down on Friday night and finding out someone has already scanned in using that barcode.

We've found someone selling on Toutless. Always very positive experiences using that site but any advice would be great! Thanks.

Hi All,

This questions was asked a few pages back but without much response from what I can tell. Wife and I have last minute tickets. We're regular Pink Mooners and have been on the lookout for someone selling.

Other than the usual advice of meeting face to face etc, are there steps we can take to make buying from a third party less risky? I.e. can Pink Moon change the name on the booking etc? The nightmare scenario is landing down on Friday night and finding out someone has already scanned in using that barcode.

We've found someone selling on Toutless. Always very positive experiences using that site but any advice would be great! Thanks.

I don't think there is much you can do to fool proof your purchase really. Their official stance on it is that they are non-transferable, but they don't ask for ID when you are checking in, only your bar code! Toutless is a fairly reputable site, check if the person you are buying off has been a member for long and if they have posted much previously? If it is their first post I would maybe avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A-ha ha. No, I'll be there. Punk IPA sourced today and will accompany me to the SD.

Quality choice. Spoken with confidence! No fear such a quality beer would be sacrificed as contraband? Have enjoyed some success by placing cans inside clothing, facilitating quick inspection (bag open, 'nothing to hide' face) etc. Always risk of confiscation though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sackedlunch23

I don't think there is much you can do to fool proof your purchase really. Their official stance on it is that they are non-transferable, but they don't ask for ID when you are checking in, only your bar code! Toutless is a fairly reputable site, check if the person you are buying off has been a member for long and if they have posted much previously? If it is their first post I would maybe avoid.

First post, exactly what's made me nervous! Cheers for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Help..:)

We have weekend camping tickets and we are going Friday, our two kids can only come with us on Saturday but I was told we have to bring them in Friday for us all to get wristbands at the same time,.... doesn't sound right?
    BaZmO* wrote: »
    Yes that's right. You won't get into Family Camping without kids, and they need to be registered on the EP website beforehand.
    thank you..,

I forgot to mention we won't be camping this year... just coming and going each day, still need the kids with us on the Friday to get them the wristbands or will they get them on Saturday?

Bump..:)

it's general weekend camping tickets that we have - still wondering if the kids need to go on Friday to get wristbands or will Sat do,

thanks

Advertisement