Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

everlast75 wrote: »
    You can also turn off push notifications so that messages only come through when you check for them

you can also add extra lube so that you can totally get that cactus up your backside.

Still does not make it a good idea to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

kop77 wrote: »
    Bump..:)

it's general weekend camping tickets that we have - still wondering if the kids need to go on Friday to get wristbands or will Sat do,

thanks

Think you missed my reply
    sweetie wrote: »
    We went Friday on our own last year and brought our daughter no bother Saturday and Sunday. Didn't camp either

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KRedzer

For those heading on Thursday, will they let you park in the Red Car Park at all? Because I saw someone mention the Green, and that seems like a hefty trek to the general admission campsites. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Genghis wrote: »
    Quality choice. Spoken with confidence! No fear such a quality beer would be sacrificed as contraband? Have enjoyed some success by placing cans inside clothing, facilitating quick inspection (bag open, 'nothing to hide' face) etc. Always risk of confiscation though

Usually successful. Wine in a pouch the easiest but beer I've done well on also. Distracting the security by handing them a can you're finishing often works.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Distracting the security by handing them a can you're finishing often works.

Look into my eyes, look into the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes... (clicks) you're under, ignore the can I'm hiding, don't see it at all, 3, 2, 1, you're back in the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Usually successful. Wine in a pouch the easiest but beer I've done well on also. Distracting the security by handing them a can you're finishing often works.

Its all smoke and mirrors. Parlour tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

KRedzer wrote: »
    For those heading on Thursday, will they let you park in the Red Car Park at all? Because I saw someone mention the Green, and that seems like a hefty trek to the general admission campsites. Cheers.

Last two years we have been directed to the Green Carparks on the Thursday. We stay in Eco, which was through Paintball Entrance>Salty Dog>Oscar Wilde route - not sure how that will pan out this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villain first of all, thank you for the updates. I have been following your twitter like a hawk these past few days praying that something will turn in our favour. I am hoping the heavy stuff holds off until at least after midnight.

Once this heavy band passes around Saturday lunch time how are we looking then? Just the odd shower or is there more heavy stuff to come? Might be too far out to call.

Hard one to call the details of Saturday and Sunday as it showers rather than a band of rain.

At the moment I would say after a wet start Saturday (just sleep off the night before) it doesn't look too bad at all.

Certainly much cooler but could escape with just the odd light shower and may even miss them all!

After cool night Saturday night (stay close together for heat ;) ) Sunday will be cool with showers but again Stradbally should escape the worst of them.

I'll be tweeting more updates as we get closer and dip in and out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Look into my eyes, look into the eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes... (clicks) you're under, ignore the can I'm hiding, don't see it at all, 3, 2, 1, you're back in the room.

A paltry can Scruff? Four small IPA each run is the intention. Previous success.

Feel free to mock me later for my failure. You’ll find me sobbing in the Hazel Wood til 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLXJXx5b_t4

Shared this on various forum and the 2018 Boards EP chat

Works a treat - have had many a can confiscated but never my bottle of 'water', have had security look at it suspiciously but as long as you tell them that its a sealed bottle of water, they cant but hand it back to you

The next mission is finding ice in the main arena ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

larkie wrote: »

Works a treat - have had many a can confiscated but never my bottle of 'water', have had security look at it suspiciously but as long as you tell them that its a sealed bottle of water, they cant but hand it back to you

Isn't there an issue now with bringing plastic bottles into the arena? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Hi All,

This questions was asked a few pages back but without much response from what I can tell. Wife and I have last minute tickets. We're regular Pink Mooners and have been on the lookout for someone s.
    You've just got to trust the person you bought it off unfortunately. I sold our Pink Moon as we got Eco this year and to be honest, they had to trust me more than I trusted them. The confirmation page will have the sellers details, if you could get them to back it up with a passport pic or something?
    I've kept in touch with the person I sold too, I'm available should the have any hassle checking in as I'll be there earlier, is this possible from your seller? Are they going to be at the festival? The fact is, I could have sent that pdf to four people, they person buying can't assume that I didn't. Its very dodgy ground all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think you can bring sealed 500ml bottles in. It's a lot of effort to go to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobtom8482

Hi guys just picked up two tickets and they have *guest* printed on them and say proceed to guest cabin

Just wondering if anyone knows that exactly this means in terms of the ep experience I'll have

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

larkie wrote: »

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I think you can bring sealed 500ml bottles in. It's a lot of effort to go to though.

Honestly its not. I done it last year and it was totally worth it. Took me about a half hour prep at home, and I was then easily able to carry in 4 bottles of 330 mill gin into the main arena with me. Brings the cost of the night down considerably, especially considering they've moved the Salty dog into the main arena.

Security took the bottles off me and had a good look at them, but thats all they can do, then they just handed them back to me.

Problem is you can only carry 1 bottle in at a time I think. I got a couple of mate to carry in the extra

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

bobtom8482 wrote: »
    Hi guys just picked up two tickets and they have *guest* printed on them and say proceed to guest cabin

Just wondering if anyone knows that exactly this means in terms of the ep experience I'll have

Thanks!

pretty much none that I can remember, although it's a good few years since I had a guest ticket. Maybe access to the "VIP" area which is basically just a few a few picnic tables, more/better toilets, and better stocked bar.
    You have to pay an extra donation of 40 quid or something when you pick up the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sackedlunch23

You've just got to trust the person you bought it off unfortunately. I sold our Pink Moon as we got Eco this year and to be honest, they had to trust me more than I trusted them. The confirmation page will have the sellers details, if you could get them to back it up with a passport pic or something?
    I've kept in touch with the person I sold too, I'm available should the have any hassle checking in as I'll be there earlier, is this possible from your seller? Are they going to be at the festival? The fact is, I could have sent that pdf to four people, they person buying can't assume that I didn't. Its very dodgy ground all round.

Think I'll just meet and make a judgement call in person etc. Pink Moon is definitely worth the risk and will have the tent in the boot in case it all goes belly up. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Eco just resent out the e-Ticket, which is great because I went and lost mine despite putting it in a separate folder in my inbox that I now can't find.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Anyone ever use the ECO camping and not get the loowatt is it necessary to camp there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Anyone ever use the ECO camping and not get the loowatt is it necessary to camp there?

You can pay per use too. €2 a dump I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks!

Think you can't go in the main entrance....it's about 1km walk down the road...same road as main entrance but further away from the village...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guinness1986

Need to get to the yellow car park this year but every year always ended up in the red car park. Any directions or turn offs I will need to take to get to the yellow car park? (coming from the North via Dublin) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I never pay for Loowatt. You can just use the normal loos a little outside the ECO campsite. I always found them 'relatively' ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

Not that it will bother the clean and sober folks of Boards, but if your fiends friends are planning bringing any recreational substances...

The promoter of this weekend's Electric Picnic Festival in Stradbally has said searches for drugs will be enhanced on all people attending the event.
    A 'zero-tolerance' attitude will also be taken to the use of illegal drugs.
    Speaking at the festival site in Co Laois today, Melvin Benn said he was aware of the recent deaths at events particularly in the UK where a mixture of alcohol and drug abuse seemed to be a feature.
    He said the Electric Picnic organisers would be working closely with the gardaí and everybody entering the site could expect rigorous searches.

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2019/0827/1071211-electric-picnic-drugs/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Last year I prepaid and my friends didn’t and they ran out of Wristbands and said they couldn’t do pay per use if the toilets were busy. This seemed to be not in force by the Saturday. Buy it and save yourself the hassle of having to leave the campsite to pee it’s worth it

Ben Done wrote: »
    Not that it will bother the clean and sober folks of Boards, but if your fiends friends are planning bringing any recreational substances...

Load of nonsense not one person caught with enough for personal use will see court...the rules of the game have changed....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hazelwood times are up on the EP app.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Thanks!

You can also camp in the guest/performers campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ben Done

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2019/0827/1071211-electric-picnic-drugs/

Load of nonsense not one person caught with enough for personal use will see court...the rules of the game have changed....

I read something about that, but didn't think it was law yet?

In any event, I'd be careful - at least for optics (especially given the death of the poor lad at Indiependence), I'd imagine they will be out in force this year..

edit: Doesn't like it's coming into effect till Autum 2020
    This is one aspect of the plan likely to come under strain and scrutiny once the system kicks in, said to be by autumn 2020.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/criminal-convictions-for-drug-possession-have-serious-and-life-long-consequences-says-catherine-byrne-941550.html

• Advertisement

I read something about that, but didn't think it was law yet?

In any event, I'd be careful - at least for optics (especially given the death of the poor lad at Indiependence), I'd imagine they will be out in force this year..

edit: Doesn't like it's coming into effect till Autum 2020

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/criminal-convictions-for-drug-possession-have-serious-and-life-long-consequences-says-catherine-byrne-941550.html

Jazus there kicking the can well down the road if it's going to take until this time next year.
    Would be much more sensible rather than the state threatening people as usual if they put out a warning for pills with a Superman logo saying these little feckers can kill you.
    Aren't Anna Liffey doing drug testing at the picnic, are they going to be arresting anyone that tries to be responsible.

Not condoning drug use, I'll be mainly hopping off the slane castle whiskey mojitos.

Advertisement