Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Global Green Village halls, District 13, Blue door and Grow tent stage times seem to have been released here http://www.cultivate.ie/globalgreen2017/1313-global-green-at-electric-picnic-2019

Some great classics as usual, like Robot Rock on the Friday. Seen them live a few times over the years at picnic! closest you will get to Daft Punk these days :)

Kastane is playing on Saturday, First time performing in Electric Picnic. He released some amazing stuff this year and last year that you should totally check out on spotify, well worth it!

I wonder who the special guests are for sunday!

Any chance we can get clashfinder update for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Jesus will they ever f**k off over drugs. I don't use myself but can see clearly the entry points to the main arena are at critical mass already and increasing searches (which are already the slowest I've ever experienced at a festival) is braindead. It's asking for a crush to happen, especially at the Hendrix main arena entry which gets pretty pushy and rowdy as is with the younger folk being very impatient.

I don't bother trying to sneak in cans. I don't conceal drugs but nah I have to queue for 20 minutes to get into the main arena for a security to all but fist me hole looking for a can or a baggie because god forbid the poor Heineken bars get one less pint sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

kg703 wrote: »
    Last year I prepaid and my friends didn’t and they ran out of Wristbands and said they couldn’t do pay per use if the toilets were busy. This seemed to be not in force by the Saturday. Buy it and save yourself the hassle of having to leave the campsite to pee it’s worth it

If you’re not camping in eco can you still buy loowatt and nip in and out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

mc_grens wrote: »
    If you’re not camping in eco can you still buy loowatt and nip in and out?

There's a public Loowatt in Warhol, near where it meets Hendrix!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Following on from the conjecture a few pages ago surrounding Jerry Fish’s LOUD mystery special guest slot on Sunday at 11.

Therapy, Fontaines, Stiff Little Fingers and I think even My Bloody Valentine (what a lovely old thought) were all mooted, along with a few bands already playing at EP but eff it, I’m going to throw in a grenade and run like hell...

I know they were here recently, but Idles are playing at a festival on Friday and are also curating a stage at a hometown festival on Saturday but are free on Sunday. This is where it gets interesting.

Their old pals Heavy Lungs are also playing at the Bristol Downs Festival (and I realise that this is the point at which I lose the audience as I spin off into a world of whimsy and fantasy...) so “the D, the A, the N, the N, the Y” has had a word with the lads, says if they come over on the same flight as them and bum a lift down the road to Stradbally, he’ll get them a slot at Jerry Fish and will even join them onstage for a rousing encore of Danny Nedelko. I tells ya, you’ll all be carrying me shoulder-high out of the tent if it be so...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Camroc20

Their old pals Heavy Lungs are also playing at the Bristol Downs Festival (and I realise that this is the point at which I lose the audience as I spin off into a world of whimsy and fantasy...) so “the D, the A, the N, the N, the Y” has had a word with the lads, says if they come over on the same flight as them and bum a lift down the road to Stradbally, he’ll get them a slot at Jerry Fish and will even join them onstage for a rousing encore of Danny Nedelko. I tells ya, you’ll all be carrying me shoulder-high out of the tent if it be so...![/QUOTE]

Would sincerely hope you are correct and I like your logic. But Thumper tweeted this earlier and I can't see where else their show might be? They too are very LOUD!!

T H U M P E R
    @thumper666
    ·
    1h
    Hello little children two opportunities to catch us at
    @EPfestival
    (pre + post watershed)

Sat 8.45pm Body&Soul Stage
    Sun 11pm ??????? (Secret show TBA)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

John.Icy wrote: »
    Jesus will they ever f**k off over drugs. I don't use myself but can see clearly the entry points to the main arena are at critical mass already and increasing searches (which are already the slowest I've ever experienced at a festival) is braindead. It's asking for a crush to happen, especially at the Hendrix main arena entry which gets pretty pushy and rowdy as is with the younger folk being very impatient.

I don't bother trying to sneak in cans. I don't conceal drugs but nah I have to queue for 20 minutes to get into the main arena for a security to all but fist me hole looking for a can or a baggie because god forbid the poor Heineken bars get one less pint sold.

Id say the rush before Billie Eilish is gonna be crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Camroc20 wrote: »
    Would sincerely hope you are correct and I like your logic. But Thumper tweeted this earlier and I can't see where else their show might be? They too are very LOUD!!

T H U M P E R
    @thumper666
    ·
    1h
    Hello little children two opportunities to catch us at
    @EPfestival
    (pre + post watershed)

Sat 8.45pm Body&Soul Stage
    Sun 11pm ??????? (Secret show TBA)

D’oh... I’ll take Thumper on the Sunday night though. Their Saturday time slot is a clashy mess-fest. What am I saying, Sunday is much worse. Nurse, the curtains!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aspiring Banger Merchant

Anyone any experience with the 6 man tent in Pink Moon and how it holds up in heavy rain? 4 of us sharing it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

What everyone was waiting for, my selections for the weekend...

Friday
    Toucan 6:00pm
    Billie Eilish 7:30pm
    Dermot Kennedy 9:00pm
    Hozier 22:30pm
    Grannie's Gaf 00:00am

Saturday
    Second Captains Podcast 13:15pm
    Wild Youth 15:15pm
    Years & Years 16:30pm
    Alma 17:15pm
    Gerry Cinnamon 18:00pm
    Charli XCX 19:00pm
    Boots & Kats/Metronomy 20:00pm
    The 1975 21:15pm
    The Strokes 23:30pm
    Mother DJs 00:00am
    Kelly-Anne Byrne 02:00am

Sunday
    Razorlight/Le Boom 16:15pm
    Tony Cantwell 17:00pm
    Jess Glynne 17:30pm
    Smash Hits 18:00pm
    MØ 20:15pm
    J Hus 21:15pm
    The Streets 22:30pm

Disappointed by no Attention Bebe or Mother DJs late on the Body & Soul Earthship Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone any experience with the 6 man tent in Pink Moon and how it holds up in heavy rain? 4 of us sharing it

Their tents are fine as long as they’re put up correctly, give it a quick once over when you get there. Never had an issue with them and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Need to get to the yellow car park this year but every year always ended up in the red car park. Any directions or turn offs I will need to take to get to the yellow car park? (coming from the North via Dublin) Thanks

We have used boutique camping the last few years and needed to get to yellow too. We too got the red car park one year and vowed never again.
    So... take the M7 and then take the M9 south. At junction 3, head for Athy on the N78. Drive through Athy and leave still on the N78. You will come across the N80. Head north, i.e. turn right on to it, towards Stradbally. In Stradbally, you will be directed at the square, left and into the yellow car park. A thing of beauty...
    QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

showpony1 wrote: »
    Disappointed by no Attention Bebe or Mother DJs late on the Body & Soul Earthship Sunday night.

I enjoyed Attention Bebe last year and would go and see them again.

Beginning to accept i'll need wellies now - any suggestions where sells cheap pairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ficcss

Beginning to accept i'll need wellies now - any suggestions where sells cheap pairs?

Picked up a pair in Woodies today for 15! Not pretty but put two insoles from old shoes in and they're comfortable and they will be dry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Barely a mention of Jarvis in here all year. What are we going to get from him? I haven't followed him at all since that first solo album. Doesn't seem to been playing in the run up. One of the great front men, looking forward to seeing what his current incarnation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Wellies are horrible for festivals - your feet will be in bits on day 3.

Walking boots are much better. Regatta is a low/mid range brand and you can always pick up cheap pairs. Its a bit late though. Get some first thing tomorrow morning and live in them between now and Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

So lads, here is my plan so far. I was expecting clashes, but overall I am getting to see most of my must sees and a few I am happy to catch.

Main ones I am missing are: Sports Team, Whenyoung, Frank & Walters, Cassia, David Keenan, Shogunz of Stank, Jinx Lennon, Pillow Queens [some of these might have extra shows]

Anyone know when Lou Reeds Transformer thingy is on? Can't find it.

Also, weirdly not much of interest after 10:30 Friday. May well take an early night there ;)

Friday:
      4:00pm Montauk Hotel - Trailer Park (If in arena by then)
      5:15pm Havest - Trailer Park
      6:00pm These Charming Men - Salty Dog [joining mid-set]
      7:15pm Miles Kane - EA / Billie Eilish - Main Stage [catching half of each set]
      8:45pm Jarvis Cocker - EA
      10:00pm (Holding out for Jerry Fish to announce something, or else try Stefan Murphy / Shura)

Saturday
      Before 4pm - mybe some comedy of podcasts or walkabout
      4:05pm Silverbacks - Cosby Tent
      5:00pm Fonda - B&S Main stage [joining mid-set]
      6:00pm Gerry Cinnamon - Main Stage
      7:45pm Christine & the Queens - Main Stage
      8:45pm Thumper - B&S Main Stage
      10:30pm Echo & the Bunnymen - Rankins Wood
      11:30pm The Strokes - Main Stage [may join late]

Sunday
      2:00pm Fangclub - Electric Arena
      3:15pm Touts - Rankins Wood
      4:15pm Razorlight (20 mins of) - Main Arena
      4:45pm In Their Thousands - B&S Main Stage
      6:00pm Johnny Marr - Electric Arena
      7:00pm Richard Ashcroft - Main Stage
      8:15pm Bodega - Cosby
      9:30pm Parquet Courts - Cosby
      10:30pm The Streets - Electric Arena (grabing 30 mins of)
      11:00pm Courtney Barnett - Cosby [or very loud guests at Jerry Fish]
      00:10am Cathy Davey Salty Dog

Snarky Snark Snark

Lasses and lads, there’s a burlesquey tent called the dirty circus

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Stillill42 wrote: »
      Barely a mention of Jarvis in here all year. What are we going to get from him? I haven't followed him at all since that first solo album. Doesn't seem to been playing in the run up. One of the great front men, looking forward to seeing what his current incarnation is.

I'm looking forward to him too, the feedback from his recent shows seems to be really positive as long as you're not expecting a Pulp greatest hits set (which I guess quite a few at the festival will).

• Advertisement

Does anyone else feel there is not much for the Terminus stage? All this hype earlier in the year for a handfull of acts that seem to be ending at 12?

Snarky Snark Snark

whelzer wrote: »

Walking boots are much better. Regatta is a low/mid range brand and you can always pick up cheap pairs. Its a bit late though. Get some first thing tomorrow morning and live in them between now and Sunday!

Regatta stuff is decent for not many pennies, don’t forget socks though, change at least on a daily basis people.

whelzer wrote: »

Unfortunately I'm going to have to go for what is most fashionable in these horrible conditions so probably wouldn't wear a pair of hiking boots.

I was looking for a pair of the shorter type wellies but can't see any - Woodies only seem to have up to size 7 online.

i am hoping we will only really need them Friday night/Sat afternoon.
      may still end up just going with runners and throw away the pair from the Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Ficcss wrote: »
      Does anyone else feel there is not much for the Terminus stage? All this hype earlier in the year for a handfull of acts that seem to be ending at 12?

Massively disappointing. I thought it was a mistake at first, I honestly do not see the point in this area when it's closing so early. I thought they would have wanted to draw people closer to the campsite late at night but evidently not. Having DJ Seinfeld on at 7.45 on Sunday is just weird.

Last year Mall Grab had the Little Big Tent absolutely rammed on the Saturday night until 3am, not sure what that tent held, but where are those people going to go now? In general it feels like there are less things on post midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »

It's quirky but I don't find it all that interesting. Caught him when he last played in 2007, decent set and he finished with The Boys Are Back in Town. A nice rousing cover but it kinda disguised the mediocrity of the rest of the material. Setlists show that he does a Pulp track (His n Hers), a few from his solo career and 4/5 from the new album. I'm more likely to be at The Claque & Serpentwithfeet.

Should we expect any more announcements tomrrow? Or is it all quiet until it kicks off on Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Strange as it sounds I normally always get away with a pair of runners all weekend. The site is brilliant for drainage, even after some really wet summer's it holds up well. I don't expect anything different this year, we haven't had much rain this summer.
      Sure in busy areas it can muck up but you can usually go left or right without issue and obviously need to take extra care around toilets. But super comfortable all weekend. Wellies are there in reserve should I need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fatfrog wrote: »
      Strange as it sounds I normally always get away with a pair of runners all weekend. The site is brilliant for drainage, even after some really wet summer's it holds up well. I don't expect anything different this year, we haven't had much rain this summer.
      Sure in busy areas it can muck up but you can usually go left or right without issue and obviously need to take extra care around toilets. But super comfortable all weekend. Wellies are there in reserve should I need them.

Same here, trainers and hiking boots have got me through. Never needed wellies. It's not Glastonbury where two hours of mild rain can wreck the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ficcss wrote: »
      Should we expect any more announcements tomrrow? Or is it all quiet until it kicks off on Friday?

It looks like everything has been announced, but it's not normally all out this early, wouldn't be surprised if there was a Freetown announcement.
      And groove armada haven't been added yet so there's probably a bit more to come

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Declan1

What would be the best way to maximise chances of parking in the yellow car park? Coming from Dublin Friday mid morning... Thanks.

Advertisement