Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Villain wrote: »
    My latest update on weather, the heaviest of the rain does look be very late Friday night but it is going to be wet Friday, no way to dress it up really.

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166605370892140549?s=20

Not believing it, the other half made me drag in anything that might get wet Sunday night as we we're going to get lashed out of it, here we are Wednesday morning and it still hasn't rained and the sun is splitting the rocks...I'm about 40min from stradbally and I'd guess it's pretty similar up there.

We'll be grand don't panic it's Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Not believing it, the other half made me drag in anything that might get wet Sunday night as we we're going to get lashed out of it, here we are Wednesday morning and it still hasn't rained and the sun is splitting the rocks...I'm about 40min from stradbally and I'd guess it's pretty similar up there.

Best of luck with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Villain wrote: »
    My latest update on weather, the heaviest of the rain does look be very late Friday night but it is going to be wet Friday, no way to dress it up really.

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166605370892140549?s=20

I suggest you go back and have another go...I'll let you know when you have it right :)

P.S. thanks for the update :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Wellies are fine but you need proper Welly socks or they'll chew through your feet. Find somewhere the FCA buy their socks and you'll be right.

I find Football socks can be good and they help prevent the wellies chaffing your shins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Is providence in Freetown?
    I’m very confused with the timings of the place
    Djs are finished at midnight in Freetown but yet providence is open till 4am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Don't you dare get all positive with your climate weather denial.

Sketchers hiking boots are the job. Have mine about 5 years. Excellent. Also got a cheap pair from Lidl couple of weeks back, but haven't broken them in. Mrs Pablo has her posh Dubarry river boots.

If you are going with wellies, get decent ones like Toggi or Hunter. Your local equestrian/agri supply store should have some. Can be pricey but with decent socks work very well. Cheap wellies are fine for a couple hours in the garden but not a weekend walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Far from Hunter you were raised, don't mind the fancy stuff, pair of Dunlop rubber ones is all you need with good socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

So pi$sing rain all day/night Friday seems to be consensus? :(

Far from Hunter you were raised, don't mind the fancy stuff, pair of Dunlop rubber ones is all you need with good socks.

Bought my Dunlop pair, weirdly enough, at a national tree climbing championships, I think in 2013, in Stradbally Hall! They'll be "going home" this week so! Bringing a brand new pair of hiking boots too, that I'm slipping into each evening to bed down! We'll be all in runners by Sat evening!

I have some Dunlop ones and I find them tough going after a few hours. My Toggis eat them for breakfast, really snug and good ankle support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

BigMo1 wrote: »
    So pi$sing rain all day/night Friday seems to be consensus? :(

Villian seems to update every morning, so i'll be waiting till Friday morning before i get too worried.

In any case, pack the waterproofs and suncream. it's Ireland afterall..

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

a) Dr. Martens
    b) Docs
    c) DMs

All of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Hi All, How is the ECO camping is there still a good laugh in there? Is the rave in the woods too much? Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My husband has convinced himself that the <250ml aerosol limit means he can't bring his 250ml aerosol deodorant. Because its Less Than 250ml. Someone sensible please help me correct him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Hi All, How is the ECO camping is there still a good laugh in there? Is the rave in the woods too much? Sorry for all the questions.

It's grand, you'd be really unlucky to get bad neighbours in there. The rave in woods is still there of course, but bring earplugs and you'll still get some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glennponder

It's great, dont think I'd survive a mainstream campsite, rave not an issue for me, I was out for the count in seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bought my Dunlop pair, weirdly enough, at a national tree climbing championships, I think in 2013, in Stradbally Hall! They'll be "going home" this week so! Bringing a brand new pair of hiking boots too, that I'm slipping into each evening to bed down! We'll be all in runners by Sat evening!

Tree climbing championship? :) there's such a thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

For those on the lookout for cheapish hiking boots, try Mountain Warehouse in blanch centre. I picked up a pair for ATN for 40euro last minute when I accepted it was going to rain!! Light, comfy and kept feet dry. Didn't have to break them in beforehand either.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭d_levins

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    My husband has convinced himself that the <250ml aerosol limit means he can't bring his 250ml aerosol deodorant. Because its Less Than 250ml. Someone sensible please help me correct him. :rolleyes:

if he follows the rules that closely he's not going to have any fun at EP.
    leave him at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

mojesius wrote: »
    For those on the lookout for cheapish hiking boots, try Mountain Warehouse in blanch centre. I picked up a pair for ATN for 40euro last minute when I accepted it was going to rain!! Light, comfy and kept feet dry. Didn't have to break them in beforehand either.

I believe they're offering 20% off everything when you show your ticket too

• Advertisement

Cxloe wrote: »
    I believe they're offering 20% off everything when you show your ticket too

Or try Trespass (Blanch, Nutgrove, etc. in Dublin). They're doing waterproof hiking boots for €50, down from mad stupid price.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Tree climbing championship? :) there's such a thing!!

they started off with rock climbing and then branched out into other activities..

tickets available on TM right now

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimboSlice

thebusher wrote: »
    tickets available on TM right now

Anyone trying - had a look and none came up for regular but 2 came up for family!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

everlast75 wrote: »
    they started off with rock climbing and then branched out into other activities..

the roots of that tree pun were fairly solid

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Anyone trying - had a look and none came up for regular but 2 came up for family!

I just tried .. no joy on either front

Box office collection. Cant take screenshots due to security

try searching for just 1

the roots of that tree pun were fairly solid

...solid as a rock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

Opinions on campsites lads?
    From what I hear of Jimi Hendrix, it seems a bit too crazy for me. Is Oscar Wilde generally a bit better? Dont want anywhere too quiet, but also don't want to be kept up til dawn!

Advertisement