Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Opinions on campsites lads?
    From what I hear of Jimi Hendrix, it seems a bit too crazy for me. Is Oscar Wilde generally a bit better? Dont want anywhere too quiet, but also don't want to be kept up til dawn!

Wilde or Joplin used to be a happy middle ground for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimboSlice

From what I hear of Jimi Hendrix, it seems a bit too crazy for me. Is Oscar Wilde generally a bit better? Dont want anywhere too quiet, but also don't want to be kept up til dawn!

Wilde last year was insane. Just as bad as Hendrix. Tents packed on top of each other. Not sure if it being moved will quieten it down!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

LimboSlice wrote: »
    Wilde last year was insane. Just as bad as Hendrix. Tents packed on top of each other. Not sure if it being moved will quieten it down!

there you go - goes to show what I know :p

Go with this advice - its more current than mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 LimboSlice

everlast75 wrote: »
    there you go - goes to show what I know :p

Go with this advice - its more current than mine :)

I did a few lovely years in Wilde before it.... then the youth descended in their droves. Became a bit of a cool place to camp the last 2 years and brought madness.

Can see them fleeing back to Hendrix with the move though?

Will be watching it all from Pink Moon this year thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

If I had to do the general camping again, I'd probably aim for the Warhol/Joplin border, which is a sentence and a half now that I read it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Pink moon if you can stretch to it, some are popping up I picked up a two man yesterday on ebay and there were some on done deal, probably find some on the Facebook banter page as well, there gone quick though.
    I used to love the ordinary campsites older me wants the deckchairs still there when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So ... does anyone know what the stance is on bringing cans to Salty Dog on Thursday (tomorrow!) night?

I am sure we will all turn up with our cans in bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 orangeocelot

LimboSlice wrote: »
    I did a few lovely years in Wilde before it.... then the youth descended in their droves. Became a bit of a cool place to camp the last 2 years and brought madness.

Can see them fleeing back to Hendrix with the move though?

Will be watching it all from Pink Moon this year thankfully.

I can see myself having great craic on Friday, but don't think I'd be able for any campsite madness by Sunday night! It seems to be right beside the late night area this year. Would the noise from the stages be ridiculous until 4am?
    rubick wrote: »
    If I had to do the general camping again, I'd probably aim for the Warhol/Joplin border, which is a sentence and a half now that I read it back.

Seems like a good trade off between quietness and distance from main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Clashfinder has The 2 Johnnies down for 2 sets over the weekend but I can only find them mentioned for the Terminus stage on Saturday at 5pm. They're hardly playing the Trailer Park at 3.30 right before being on the Terminus stage? I'm not sure EP is ready for 2 of their sets. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

2 sleeps Ladies and germs

MAIN ENGINE 2 START COMMAND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭endainoz

Pink moon if you can stretch to it, some are popping up I picked up a two man yesterday on ebay and there were some on done deal, probably find some on the Facebook banter page as well, there gone quick though.
    I used to love the ordinary campsites older me wants the deckchairs still there when I get home.

Few cheap pink moon options on toutless aswell. There was a 6 man tent up there yesterday for 500 down from 790! Fair good value to be got for the savvy buyer out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Has anyone here day tripped EP before?

A VERY VERY sound friend in our EP group has volunteered to be the designated driver for the weekend, but wondering how easy it will be to get in and out of the carparks eachday?

We won't get down there till about 6pm or so on Friday as we couldn't get time off work. (We live about an hours drive from the festival.)

I can see myself having great craic on Friday, but don't think I'd be able for any campsite madness by Sunday night! It seems to be right beside the late night area this year. Would the noise from the stages be ridiculous until 4am?

I think Wilde/Eco/Chaplin all bear the brunt of stage noise from the forest activities, some decent ear plugs drowns out the most of the noise. I actually find the booming bass quite soothing on Sunday evening - at my age it's unlikely I'll still be on late missions on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Wilde was the worst by far last year it was an absolute disaster.. Stayed right on the joplin/Warhol border last year it was fairly relaxed but it got a bit mad on the Sunday night some young fella in particular off his head on ketamine kept screaming 'I'M MELTING' over and over all night long.... So there's that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villian seems to update every morning, so i'll be waiting till Friday morning before i get too worried.

In any case, pack the waterproofs and suncream. it's Ireland afterall..

I'll have another update this evening but most of the high resolution weather models only go out 48 hours so it will be tomorrow morning before they have details on Friday.

There is still a fair bit of difference between some of the models on the track of the rain Friday between 5pm and midnight so stay up to date with forecasts.

Sheog wrote: »
    Has anyone here day tripped EP before?

A VERY VERY sound friend in our EP group has volunteered to be the designated driver for the weekend, but wondering how easy it will be to get in and out of the carparks eachday?

We won't get down there till about 6pm or so on Friday as we couldn't get time off work. (We live about an hours drive from the festival.)

Aside from Friday when you probably will meet a good bit of traffic coming in with the people not being able to get off work early like yourself you should be grand going in and out of the site.

2 sleeps Ladies and germs

MAIN ENGINE 2 START COMMAND
    We'll be on the road this time tomorrow, just down the M2 from Antrim to Belfast heading south. Tent up by 5pm all being well.

Snarky Snark Snark

rubick wrote: »
    .... Tent up by 5pm all being well.

At that time, I will be dis-engaging from all work related activites (physically, mental detachment began days ago), turning off timesheet, digging out The List and packing...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Where ye see pink moon for sale ? Tried done deal , adverts and Twitter
    Can’t find any

Have general camping ticket but not arsed with camping , too old n contrary , will be staying out in car park anyway but if I can get a pink moon tick I’ll take it

Where ye see pink moon for sale ? Tried done deal , adverts and Twitter
    Can’t find any

Have general camping ticket but not arsed with camping , too old n contrary , will be staying out in car park anyway but if I can get a pink moon tick I’ll take it

Check toutless

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    I'll have another update this evening but most of the high resolution weather models only go out 48 hours so it will be tomorrow morning before they have details on Friday.

There is still a fair bit of difference between some of the models on the track of the rain Friday between 5pm and midnight so stay up to date with forecasts.

What are the chances of a dry Friday morning?

I might try to get the caravan awning up first thing for a bit of extra shelter.

Snarky Snark Snark

I might try to get the caravan awning up first thing for a bit of extra shelter.

tumblr_lsueqj1HEp1qjutzao2_r1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Question for ye: I have a performer's ticket, my wife has a general admission ticket but we'd like to bring our two kids. Will we be able to get into family camping?

tumblr_lsueqj1HEp1qjutzao2_r1_500.gif

lol .. I have never put it up before, so could be a disaster. And as Mrs Pablo will be coming tomorrow evening we can test the theory of these things having the nickname of "divorce in a bag".

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Question for ye: I have a performer's ticket, my wife has a general admission ticket but we'd like to bring our two kids. Will we be able to get into family camping?

PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭keepwalking

I've been lurking here over the last few weeks, thanks a million to all for the great info here. I'm heading to my second full Picnic (went previously in 2017 and on the Sunday in 2013) and can't wait! Heading down on Friday morning with my boyfriend and some friends and looking forward to getting settled into Pink Moon by mid-afternoon, all going well.

At the other end of the scale, my 20 year old sister is going with some friends and planning to camp in Oscar Wilde. No doubt I'll hear all kinds of stories when I meet her over the weekend! :eek: I'll probably get a text when she runs out of cash and fancies a mojito or something! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing loads of acts/djs including Hozier, Johnny Marr, Metronomy, Billie Eilish, Brittany Howard, Cassia, Kelly-Anne Byrne and Daniel Sloss and Aoife Dooley in the Comedy, clashes allowing, and will be checking out plenty of the new Irish acts too. My favourite thing about festivals though is wandering around and stumbling upon new music and stuff I don't know, so bring it on!

Snarky Snark Snark

No, you need to have a Family Camping ticket. Get thee to toutless and check for people swapping Family Camping tickets.

I'd strongly warn against having kiddies in some of the general camping sites (excl pink moon/eco etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

No, you need to have a Family Camping ticket. Get thee to toutless and check for people swapping Family Camping tickets.

I'd strongly warn against having kiddies in some of the general camping sites (excl pink moon/eco etc..)

Thanks and dont worry I have absolutely no intention of bringing them to general camping. I actually like my children.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

STILL INDIVIDUAL TICKETS AVAILABLE ON TICKETBA$TARD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

So ... does anyone know what the stance is on bringing cans to Salty Dog on Thursday (tomorrow!) night?

I am sure we will all turn up with our cans in bags.

That is a crucial question, indeed. I seem to be spending an inordinate amount of brain activity considering strategies. I expect reports from the early folks about whether its allowed, and how strict the checks/security searching is.

Advertisement