Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

If you were ballsey enough to hold out, FB is a wash with tickets at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Anyone stayed in the General Campervan area before?

It's my first time at EP and have the campervan ticket so anyone got any views or tips on this area?

Looks to be a long way from the main arena but does that mean it is quieter?

Any advice most welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

So ... does anyone know what the stance is on bringing cans to Salty Dog on Thursday (tomorrow!) night?

I am sure we will all turn up with our cans in bags.

I am wondering the same, while i have just about accepted the arena boundary extension, i am wondering, if some of the 4 additional Heineken bars will be open on Thursday night- i doubt it, as many people will arrive late but, its possible they will be open in Hazel wood & SD.

It would be nice to have cans allowed on Thursday, evening

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glennponder

Wilde was the worst by far last year it was an absolute disaster.. Stayed right on the joplin/Warhol border last year it was fairly relaxed but it got a bit mad on the Sunday night some young fella in particular off his head on ketamine kept screaming 'I'M MELTING' over and over all night long.... So there's that

Did he melt?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Did he melt?

No, but I'd say the heads of those around him did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest 6z charts shows the differences I mentioned earlier on weather models.

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166685479607160832?s=20

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166685494639570945?s=20

I wouldn't be getting hopes up on ICON-EU being right but there is a little bit of hope under all that rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

At the other end of the scale, my 20 year old sister is going with some friends and planning to camp in Oscar Wilde. No doubt I'll hear all kinds of stories when I meet her over the weekend! :eek:

DXj1Ov4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

DXj1Ov4.png

Ah sure it'll be grand, we'll work something out!

We were in Joplin last year, had a duracell bunny near us, kept talking loudly all night, if it had rained I would gladly have drowned him in a puddle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

reni10 wrote: »
    Anyone stayed in the General Campervan area before?

It's my first time at EP and have the campervan ticket so anyone got any views or tips on this area?

Looks to be a long way from the main arena but does that mean it is quieter?

Any advice most welcome :)
    its definitely quieter than main campsites. you probably wont get any option on where you park though. If you are not used to campervanning, there will be van nerds around so be sure to say hello to your neighbours. Van heads love to help people new to the game.

e.g. here is a tip: if you can't get the gas to light on the fridge, light up a hob and try again. That gets the gas flowing and should get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Ain't looking at any forecasts. Bringing boots, rain gear, a fleece and sun cream.

See what I need when I stick my head out of the tent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

I'm definitely at the age where if I see a gazebo or Bluetooth speaker within 10 yards of our tent my heart sinks a little bit. We had a gazebo right next to us in Eco last year but thankfully they were quite pleasant folks after the first night of buck leppin' and yahoin'. Too much too young. It's the old story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Working from home today with ep spotify playlist on. Excitement building so much that have given up thinking about the weather. 2 sleeps to starting gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

everlast75 wrote: »
    Ain't looking at any forecasts. Bringing sun cream.

That's the shot, don't mind the Doomsday preppers....if everyone could keep as naked as possible between now and Friday the weather will be glorious. The sun wants to see some skin or it won't keep shining...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Wilde was the worst by far last year it was an absolute disaster.. Stayed right on the joplin/Warhol border last year it was fairly relaxed but it got a bit mad on the Sunday night some young fella in particular off his head on ketamine kept screaming 'I'M MELTING' over and over all night long.... So there's that

Oscar Wilde used to be my home for EP for the last 10 odd years, but the last two years I've had some bad experiences with festival neighbors which I've never seen in any festival before.

I'll be setting up home in to ECO campsite this year, which I'm actually looking forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mc_grens

That's the shot, don't mind the Doomsday preppers....if everyone could keep as naked as possible between now and Friday the weather will be glorious. The sun wants to see some skin or it won't keep shining...

That’s the spirit! Altogether now-

“No ****ing Rain, No ****ing Compromise”!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

lol .. I have never put it up before, so could be a disaster. And as Mrs Pablo will be coming tomorrow evening we can test the theory of these things having the nickname of "divorce in a bag".

Careful with those tricky awnings! Had trouble with one on a camper we rented for Glastonbury a few years ago... made absolute ****e of the thing and they charged us a fortune to fix it!

mc_grens wrote: »
    That’s the spirit! Altogether now-

“No ****ing Rain, No ****ing Compromise”!

er .. "No fecking kids!" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭GhostMutt30

Did he melt?

He did not melt unfortunately. He was still goin strong on the Monday morning as I packed up which is why I'm taking the eco plunge this year. Less of the melting please lads

Sheog wrote: »
    Careful with those tricky awnings! Had trouble with one on a camper we rented for Glastonbury a few years ago... made absolute ****e of the thing and they charged us a fortune to fix it!

Divorce in a bag could quickly become divorce in a bin. I have the caravan 3 years and was informed at purchase that all the bits are there. Have never bothered with it yet. Could be a disastrous start to Friday.

I just popped in to Halfords for some tent pegs for this awning thing.. "all gone, this is the last year that we will do camping gear"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I thought you weren't allowed to put up the awnings in the campervan park?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭n1st

Is the campervan site ground on bare grass or protection?

Rain promised all day and night Friday.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I thought you weren't allowed to put up the awnings in the campervan park?

That rule is ignored.

n1st wrote: »
    Is the campervan site ground on bare grass or protection?

Rain promised all day and night Friday.

It's just a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That rule is ignored.

Ahha! That is most excellent to know! :D

It's just a field.

Sh1t.
    Hard to know whether to arrive before the rain or after i.e Friday morning or Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

EP app now almost fully populated, but noticed a few bits missing like Manifesto Stage in Mindfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Divorce in a bag could quickly become divorce in a bin. I have the caravan 3 years and was informed at purchase that all the bits are there. Have never bothered with it yet. Could be a disastrous start to Friday.

I just popped in to Halfords for some tent pegs for this awning thing.. "all gone, this is the last year that we will do camping gear"

I'm worried for you dude! The wife and I have had some funny rows trying to put awnings up the first time - especially if it is windy.

BUT, they are great for leaving wet stuff, chairs etc in and worth the hassle.

Good Luck!

Sh1t.
    Hard to know whether to arrive before the rain or after i.e Friday morning or Saturday.

Get in before the rain. Your van will be cleaner and easier to get level and you will be all the better for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Sh1t.

It is a million times better to pitch a tent in dry weather and just batten up for the rain than trying to pitch it on wet ground. You can lay all your stuff down, crawl around and take your time putting it up properly. Even if the rain is over you'll have a damp, mucky patch and you'll drag muck all over the inside.

• Advertisement

It is a million times better to pitch a tent in dry weather and just batten up for the rain than trying to pitch it on wet ground. You can lay all your stuff down, crawl around and take your time putting it up properly. Even if the rain is over you'll have a damp, mucky patch and you'll drag muck all over the inside.

Its a campervan, I'm more interested in the drive in and out

Advertisement