Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

LowOdour wrote: »
    How loud is it....first time in ECO this year, and not sure I could cope with no sleep!
    I've never noticed it being that loud, never had any major trouble sleeping anyway, the music is finished by 4am...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I will give you a hand if your stuck. sent you a PM with me phone number.

This is it right here. With neighbours like these it'll be a fantastic festival and fcuk the weather! Thanks again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I thought I was excited. Pretty sure Pablo just offered to give Molly a hand in the shower. What a community.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I thought I was excited. Pretty sure Pablo just offered to give Molly a hand in the shower. What a community.

Now that's your dirty mind, not mine or Pablo's! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

How loud is it....first time in ECO this year, and not sure I could cope with no sleep!

There is also the Gaeltacht campsite....I could have the option of swapping, but I know less about that!

You should pop into spec savers before you go and pick up a couple pairs of free earplugs. Pop them in during the night and if your close to the Rave in the Woods, all you'll hear\feel is the bass rumble, and that actually helps put me to sleep.

also this will cut out that one f**ker who insist on roaring at the top of their voice at 5 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Working from home today with ep spotify playlist on. Excitement building so much that have given up thinking about the weather. 2 sleeps to starting gun.

I too was ""working from home"" ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

whelzer wrote: »
    Did you get any interest for this?

There's a few of us in it. Pm you number to tvercettiand he'll add you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well balls to that, hopefully it's not heading towards Stradbally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Now that's your dirty mind, not mine or Pablo's! :P

You will be in the shower nothing will be dirty

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭phizzledizzle

I appreciate this has probably been answered numerous times already, but what's the taxi situation like down there? Down on the Sunday, have a BnB booked in Portarlington. Is it going to be a disaster getting out of there Sunday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

There is also the Gaeltacht campsite....I could have the option of swapping, but I know less about that!

It isn't too bad. If you are there early enough and have a choice of where to put the tent, make sure you get a spot at the other end and it will help a bit.

I think the gate will be moved this year, but last year the further away from the gate = the further away from the Rave.

Also, if you want peace and quiet, stay well away from me and my snoring. :)

I appreciate this has probably been answered numerous times already, but what's the taxi situation like down there? Down on the Sunday, have a BnB booked in Portarlington. Is it going to be a disaster getting out of there Sunday night?

Tends to be a few taxis around. Martley coaches do a run to portlaoise every 30 mins up to 4am (€5) so if no taxis could get bus to there and pick up taxi there.

Probability of rain friday on weather.com down from 90% to 70%. Its turning i am telling you. Factor 50 all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Bec123 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Earthship stage in Body & Soul? I can't find it all on the app - is it gone?

Earthship appears to have been renamed Sanctuary - as per Cynema on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I too was ""working from home"" ;);)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3lhfVpLL4

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Friday night last year we waited over an hour at about 2am. Queue was a joke with no supervision and people trying to jump it or wandering around. We drove the next two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Villain wrote: »

...coming up on the inside rail in the final furlong...give her a lash Villain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

For any nerds interested in this kind of stuff, the most popular acts at the festival according to this years clashfinder, which has had roughly 1,000 people use it so far. King Kong Company surely the best value act EP have booked this year! And as some have predicted, maybe the 1975 are one of the weakest headliners they have had in recent years after all.

EP2019.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Nugget89 wrote: »
    I'll actually be making use of the showers this year for the first time. How early do I need to be there for the queues not to be mental?

It's never mental but be aware that it shuts in the afternoon for cleaning. Possibly from 12 to 4? And much depends on your gender, men's queues are far quicker. They tend to wash, dry and go. I've got in and out of the men's showers in 15 mins while my partner has taken 45 mins in the women's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Peterd66

For any nerds interested in this kind of stuff, the most popular acts at the festival according to this years clashfinder, which has had roughly 1,000 people use it so far. King Kong Company surely the best value act EP have booked this year! And as some have predicted, maybe the 1975 are one of the weakest headliners they have had in recent years after all.

EP2019.PNG

Very interesting but surely TCM were even better value!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

EP2019.PNG

Wow...and These Charming Men, eh? Akin to getting Roscommon voted as top property on the Irish Monopoly. Salty Dog may be getting tight and sweaty on Friday...can anyone help out with a shower afterwards???

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Lovely evening In stradbally guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

More music chat please. Still looking to fit in the odd gap, particularly late Friday. Stefan Murphy sounds decent. New London band Khartoum even more so. But nothing for me between 1am and the Salty Dog Allstars at 2.50am.

Sat afternoon is full of promising young Irish acts. Great to see EP continuing to push them. Or if you're a cynic, interesting to see FR save some cash but I tend towards the former view.
    Odd Morris - caught them supporting the Fontaines in Galway last year. Very good.
    Inhaler - Bono's kid's band. Again a support act here, to Touts in March/April. A big sound, the kid has a voice and they've some tunes. With the deals they've signed they could be huge. Played Other Voices tent last year and went down well. Worth catching before they go places.
    The Clockworks - a Galway crew, support gigs for the Wedding Present & Bitch Falcon here. Good band but not enough tunes yet. Maybe that's changed since their move to London in January. Alan McGee signed them for his new Creation label in March, has pushed them hard and they've had a couple of big TV appearances. They're supporting Kings of Leon and the Bunnymen in Liverpool on Fri. Could also be going places, McGee has a good track record. Lead singer/guitarist is a sweet, shy kid who worked in one of my local cafes so if you're free at 3pm come along to give them a shout.
    Biig Piig - ultra mellow sounds from a young Cork woman who's now based in London. Could be a chilled Cosby gig.
    Paddy Hanna - Dublin artist, a bit Divine Comedy, a bit Elvis, a bit undefinable. Also the lead singer for Autre Monde. Chatted to him a couple of times and I'm still figuring out what he was on about. On Strange Brew records so down here a lot. He also got the support slot for the Burt Bacharach gigs in Dublin & Galway.
    Powpig - Limerick punkish band a bit Breeder-ish. Defintely worth checking out. Great on Other Voices TV last year.
    Silverbacks - more indie/post-punk. Can't get enough of it in my world.
    Otherkin - festival farewell, let's give them a rousing goodbye.
    Just Mustard - Dundalk shoegazers, caught them twice here last year and at the Cure in Malahide. Haven't disappointed yet and getting better.

That's a hefty Saturday afternoon for me. Add in some visitors - Jessica Pratt, Fonda & Working Men's Club and I'm going to struggle to get to the bar from 1 to 7. Hope to see you all at some of those and let's support the young local acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Just Mustard & Biig Piig on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Proper Micro NV - Sunday B&S at 3.30 deserves a shot. Didn't he/she post in gigs a few times (either B&S, ATN or this thread).

They were on my list for B&S but missed them.

Reded wrote: »
    Lovely evening In stradbally guys..

Wow, looks amazing! I'm tempted to get in the car now. What the hell is that second tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Question:
    I'm heading for family camper/caravan area with a trailer tent
    Can I go up tomorrow and set up and then drive home for the night? (i'm only 40mins away)
    Trying to avoid setting up in the rain in Friday
    I know I have to have one of the kids with me
    My question is really whether I'll be allowed drive away and drive back in on Friday after the setup (thought I saw something a while ago that the towing vehicle had to be on site at all times, but can;t find it now so maybe I was dreaming)

TIA

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    More music chat please. Still looking to fit in the odd gap, particularly late Friday. Stefan Murphy sounds decent. New London band Khartoum even more so. But nothing for me between 1am and the Salty Dog Allstars at 2.50am.

Sat afternoon is full of promising young Irish acts. Great to see EP continuing to push them. Or if you're a cynic, interesting to see FR save some cash but I tend towards the former view.
    Odd Morris - caught them supporting the Fontaines in Galway last year. Very good.
    Inhaler - Bono's kid's band. Again a support act here, to Touts in March/April. A big sound, the kid has a voice and they've some tunes. With the deals they've signed they could be huge. Played Other Voices tent last year and went down well. Worth catching before they go places.
    The Clockworks - a Galway crew, support gigs for the Wedding Present & Bitch Falcon here. Good band but not enough tunes yet. Maybe that's changed since their move to London in January. Alan McGee signed them for his new Creation label in March, has pushed them hard and they've had a couple of big TV appearances. They're supporting Kings of Leon and the Bunnymen in Liverpool on Fri. Could also be going places, McGee has a good track record. Lead singer/guitarist is a sweet, shy kid who worked in one of my local cafes so if you're free at 3pm come along to give them a shout.
    Biig Piig - ultra mellow sounds from a young Cork woman who's now based in London. Could be a chilled Cosby gig.
    Paddy Hanna - Dublin artist, a bit Divine Comedy, a bit Elvis, a bit undefinable. Also the lead singer for Autre Monde. Chatted to him a couple of times and I'm still figuring out what he was on about. On Strange Brew records so down here a lot. He also got the support slot for the Burt Bacharach gigs in Dublin & Galway.
    Powpig - Limerick punkish band a bit Breeder-ish. Defintely worth checking out. Great on Other Voices TV last year.
    Just Mustard - Dundalk shoegazers, caught them twice here last year and at the Cure in Malahide. Haven't disappointed yet and getting better.

That's a hefty Saturday afternoon for me. Add in some visitors - Jessica Pratt, Fonda & Working Men's Club and I'm going to struggle to get to the bar from 1 to 7. Hope to see you all at some of those and let's support the young local acts.

Agreed. Loads of great Irish stuff to see there. Thanks for the run down, Seathrun. I'll be in to a few of those alright. Powpig and Just Mustard already installed on my list. I'll see what else I can squeeze in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Seathrun66 wrote: »

Jessica Pratt, Biig Piig, Inhaler and Powpig on my list, as well as Maverick Sabre.

Advertisement