Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

Freetown is pretty cool.. here’s an idea but photos not doing justice - terminus stage way bigger than I expected abd salty dog still looking splendid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

We did create a WhatsApp for anyone else interested. The consensus was to avoid the public invites so drop me a PM with your number if you want to be added. Its only a small group. Otherwise we'll be seeing you all Friday at TCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Reded wrote: »
    Freetown is pretty cool.. here’s an idea but photos not doing justice - terminus stage way bigger than I expected abd salty dog still looking splendid!

Handy spare pants source too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Boots dug out and airing, sleeping bag found, self inflating sleeping mat is unfurled to check for leaks. Beer in fridge, blackbush secured, been wearing a new pair of north face hedgehogs (half price last weekend in 50 degs north) the last few days to bed them in (snug but comfy & goretexy).

Debating whether to do t-shirts, if I do for Friday, Junked previous choices in favor of Whitesnake or a particularly garish Steve Miller one.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

What size of a crowd can we expect to see on Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Boots dug out and airing, sleeping bag found, self inflating sleeping mat is unfurled to check for leaks. Beer in fridge, blackbush secured, been wearing a new pair of north face hedgehogs (half price last weekend in 50 degs north) the last few days to bed them in (snug but comfy & goretexy).

Debating whether to do t-shirts, if I do for Friday, Junked previous choices in favor of Whitesnake or a particularly garish Steve Miller one.

I vote Whitesnake.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Tago Mago

Apologies if covered but the map is only showing showers in the Performer + Guest camping, Pink Moon & Family camping?

Surely there is some other option for the rest of us great unwashed?

Normally I'd rough it out with the best of them but on my bike this year so might be different.

* I'm an eternal optimist so non-existent rain showers won't cut it :) *

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I got a birds eye view this morning as the sun was rising and she is looking well lads!

The latest charts also continue to keep the heavy rain away until after 1am tomorrow night, some tomorrow morning and early afternoon though.

Video from this morning:

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166964665303425024?s=20

Latest weather update and couple of photos, I'll share more photos later:

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1166961872937127936?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Tago Mago wrote: »
    Apologies if covered but the map is only showing showers in the Performer + Guest camping, Pink Moon & Family camping?

Surely there is some other option for the rest of us great unwashed?

* I'm an eternal optimist so non-existent rain showers won't cut it :) *

They updated their map on their actual app later on, there are showers at the Hendrix campsite!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I’ve watched that site vid Villain bout 45 times so far. Thanks for all your updates
    Freetown looks pretty decent!

Im actually shattered from the excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

After all the ecmxcitement disappointment gnashing of teeth etc. moving day for some is finally here (jealousy is not a pretty look). Travel safe and have a ball this weekend. Hope to bump into some of you over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

A few photos from this morning also, Freetown does look well, hopefully it still looks good by the time I get there Sunday :D

48640492636_654040a61e_b.jpg

48640496736_8bb2cb8f54_b.jpg

48640146113_9c71957807_b.jpg

48640106988_948a02a6e0_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Ah, beautiful, Villain. Talk about ramping up the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah, beautiful, Villain. Talk about ramping up the excitement!

Indeed!

Although there's a few of the purple tents in Pink Moon a little off-kilter...who should I speak to about that?

Marvellous photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Any idea how many day tickets there are for Sunday? How much more busy will it be? Last time I was at EP was maybe 2012 so it's been a while.

At that time it was 5000 Sunday tickets, there was a noticeable difference inside the arena on Sundays, much busier and you could spot the Sunday ppl a mile off.
    I think they transferred most of this 5k to full weekend capacity, the Sunday ticket seems almost non existent now, I'm guessing it's a really low figure, Sunday holders haven't been that obvious to me in recent years.

That busy feeling on Sunday of the old EP is pretty much all weekend now + a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Fatfrog wrote: »
    At that time it was 5000 Sunday tickets, there was a noticeable difference inside the arena on Sundays, much busier and you could spot the Sunday ppl a mile off.
    I think they transferred most of this 5k to full weekend capacity, the Sunday ticket seems almost non existent now, I'm guessing it's a really low figure, Sunday holders haven't been that obvious to me in recent years.

That busy feeling on Sunday of the old EP is pretty much all weekend now + a bit more.

That’s very true actually. A few years ago you’d really notice the Sunday tickets, coming along all fresh and clean. Hated them tbh!!!!

Rfrip wrote: »
    That’s very true actually. A few years ago you’d really notice the Sunday tickets, coming along all fresh and clean. Hated them tbh!!!!

A few years ago, I bumped into a friend on the Sunday, after being there the weekend. He asked did I just arrive. Chuffed.

I tend to find lately that Friday night in the arena is bedlam, people crossing over in front of you, everywhere. Last year, went for four pints and came back to the lads with one at 1/3rd full :rolleyes: €28 gone...which added to the €50 I lost at the Roadhouse Doors (picked up by a boardsie here I think :) ) State of me!
    I see Saturday and Sunday as "comfortable" after that, thinking that the youngsters stay in the camp sites or head to the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

A final Freetown announcement today?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭whelzer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    A final Freetown announcement today?

There has to be, no way that big tent is finishing at midnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭endainoz

Riptide movement playing an extra set in salty dog in Saturday at 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Quick question, my mate has a performer wristband. Does that mean he can come into the Pink Moon campsite? Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Quick question, my mate has a performer wristband. Does that mean he can come into the Pink Moon campsite? Any help appreciated!

I wouldn't say so, as I understand it they're pretty strict

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnjohn3423

Looking for some help/direction to access the family car park as im not seeing anything specific on the EP website.
    I will be driving up from the south on the M7, do I just make my way onto the N80 and go through Stradbally village itself to get into the family car park or is there some other way that I should take.

Is exit 16 of the M7 the best one to take for this.

Snarky Snark Snark

BigMo1 wrote: »

Hard No. Entry is only for those staying in there and they have their own wristbands which get you past security.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Mr.S wrote: »
    Does anyone need a BYEco pass? If so, first to reply can have one.

I'll take them if you still have them, I will PM my email. :)

Looking for some help/direction to access the family car park as im not seeing anything specific on the EP website.
    I will be driving up from the south on the M7, do I just make my way onto the N80 and go through Stradbally village itself to get into the family car park or is there some other way that I should take.

Is exit 16 of the M7 the best one to take for this.

Public Information Released...

BY CAR - FAMILY WEEKEND

DELAYS
    Due to ongoing roadworks on the M7 between Junctions 8-11, drivers should expect delays in their journeys. We encourage drivers to factor these delays into their travel time and plan accordingly.

PLEASE NOTE, YOU MUST HAVE FAMILY WEEKEND TICKETS IN ORDER TO PARK IN THE FAMILY CAR PARK. YOU WILL NEED A FAMILY WRISTBAND TO RE-ENTER THIS CAR PARK

Drivers can expect long delays from
    M7 Southbound (Dublin & North), M7 Northbound (Limerick & South West), N80 (West) and M8 Northbound (Cork & South)
    Take Junction 16 off the M7 towards Bloomfield Cross on the R445 in the direction of Portlaoise. Turn left onto the R425, heading towards the N80, Stradbally. At the roundabout take the first exit onto the N80 Stradbally. Continue along the N80, the family car park is in the centre of the town on the left hand side, and will be sign posted.

N80 – Carlow & South East
    Take the N80 and N78 to Simmons Mills and proceed on the N80 via the Windy Gap into Stradbally. Continue along the N80, the family car park is in the centre of the town on the right-hand side and will be sign posted.

That should help I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Norwegians are predicting a mess on Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

It's a shame they use the Green Car Park on the Thursday. That is an absolute trek to my usual spot down the back of the Joplin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hard No. Entry is only for those staying in there and they have their own wristbands which get you past security.

He can if he has a wristband ;) We'll let him figure out that one out himself...

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »
    Norwegians are predicting a mess on Sat.

? 'splain pls.

Advertisement