Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Bursting with excitement now. Work summer BBQ is tonight so I'm trying to plan accordingly. It'll be a beer filled weekend in Stradbally so I'm leaning towards some overpriced whiskey cocktails tonight on the company dime. It's a tough life.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

gkhant wrote: »
    Nice choons!

Why is it that KAB wrecks my head on the wireless, I find her incredibly irritating and self-centred??

Or maybe I have the problem?

I'm with you there.

The amount of time she classes something as her "absolute favourite" drove me over the edge and now I just switch the radio of when I realise it's her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Finally found a decent quality map:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

endainoz wrote: »
    Tickets back up for sale on Ticketmaster

Must have found some down behind the couch they forgot about.

Cxloe wrote: »
    Last year if you walked from Salty Dog towards Pink Moon there was a bouncer standing at the entrance, once everyone found it there was also a queue so fairly easy to spot but operates a one in one out system - heard of people waiting 1hr+ on the Saturday to get in last year because everyone knew where it was

Around where 14 and 21 are on the map? Could you mark it roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Caravan all packed up and ready. Should be home for 6, on the road by 7. Can in hand for 9.30 is probably a bit ambitious, but we will try.

Really looking forward to seeing Freetown tonight. I am naturally cynical but photos look great so far.

As soon as we know if it is possible to bring cans tonight can someone please post here?

Caravan all packed up and ready. Should be home for 6, on the road by 7. Can in hand for 9.30 is probably a bit ambitious, but we will try.

Really looking forward to seeing Freetown tonight. I am naturally cynical but photos look great so far.

As soon as we know if it is possible to bring cans tonight can someone please post here?

Will probably be near you in the caravans so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Alkers wrote: »
    Between 14 and the Salty Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Reded

In fairness it’s cool! I’m doubtful about cans there seems to be two large gates for campsite checks but if I find out more will post - safe travelling lovely morning so far

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Can't really make heads or tails of the map to be honest, but if you're at Salty Dog, follow the arrow for Pink Moon and its fairly close to Salty Dog on the left hand side I believe. Much closer to Salty Dog than Pink Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Excellent...!!!

Still can't spell Boundary though :rolleyes:

Just told a son of a mate who was looking for tickets about them being on ticketmaster now... his response is "weather not looking good, not going to bother. Few of my mates selling tickets".

Bloody youth of today, bit of rain and they are off. Reckon there will be a lot of face value tickets today.

Just told a son of a mate who was looking for tickets about them being on ticketmaster now... his response is "weather not looking good, not going to bother. Few of my mates selling tickets".

Bloody youth of today, bit of rain and they are off. Reckon there will be a lot of face value tickets today.

Their legs dissolve when rain comes...see it every school day.

Who they gonna sell to?

Reckon there will be a lot of face value tickets today.

Even as of yesterday there's loads online for less than face value

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I see they've new campsite names - Greta's Campsite & The Poet's Quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

On the map it was pretty much marked where there's a large tree to the North of the Salty Dog, under the theatre masks

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Anyone remember if there's separate showers and hairdryers for the silk road tents area? Doesn't like it on latest map, but I could have sworn there was at least showers.

Thanks,
    LK.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭dendof

Any chance any spare ECO passes going?
    We're booked in, but mates just won tickets after having FOMO.
    Would be great to get them into ECO with us

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Their legs dissolve when rain comes...see it every school day.

Who they gonna sell to?

Snowflakes melt in the rain!
    More room for us oldies!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

SQ2 wrote: »
    On the map it was pretty much marked where there's a large tree to the North of the Salty Dog, under the theatre masks

Do you know what the opening/closing times of it were?

• Advertisement

LeperKing wrote: »
    Anyone remember if there's separate showers and hairdryers for the silk road tents area? Doesn't like it on latest map, but I could have sworn there was at least showers.

Thanks,
    LK.

Not sure about hairdryers...but on last year's and this year's maps, they show WC, but not showers. However, we stayed in Silk Road Tents last year (and will tomorrow too) and they had separate showers and toilets right up in the wooded area next to the lake. I'm assuming they will be the same again this year (where's the fingers crossed emoji)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

Tickets - have two and camper from last September but just went on TM website there for pig-iron and was able to secure 2 x weekend tickets at face value its a funny old world innit

Music - Disappointing over this year all TBH , lots of acts I would like to see but only a handful of acts I cant wait to see. Then again its always been much more than a music festival for me Comedy, Mindfield, People watching, sideshows, I'm even considering a swim this year in the lake.

Expanded main site - This is my 6th EP and personally I think having a much bigger area will make the festival less congested which will be a good thing with number ever increasing. I wouldn't be surprised if we get another capacity hike next year

Salty Dog inside the main area - Don't like it and will try and sneak in as many cans a possible but thats the price we have to pay for an expanded area IMO . I will have the missus loaded down like a pack mule with cans as well and will have my special bottle of water as plan B.

I've really enjoyed the build up in this forum over the past few weeks much better than the EP FB banter page and will try and meet up Friday pm at Salty Dog to put a face to some of the names with or without a can in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

I've never seen so many tickets going for face value or below. I wonder is it young people afraid of the rain or touts what have gotten caught with tickets they are mad to offload? I know there's always genuine people that have good reasons but this year really seems like a lot. It's hard to have sympathy for people who paid 350 for one a month ago.

endainoz wrote: »
    I've never seen so many tickets going for face value or below. I wonder is it young people afraid of the rain or touts what have gotten caught with tickets they are mad to offload? I know there's always genuine people that have good reasons but this year really seems like a lot. It's hard to have sympathy for people who paid 350 for one a month ago.

Just had a look on Toutless ... wow, tons of tickets. Someone sold one for 150 this morning!

Its not usually like this is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Lot of the instagrammers made of sugar I'd say. They'll probably dry up quick enough at those prices anyone else wanting Sunday ticket will snap them up.

It's a pricey ticket and the cost of the weekend is the same again easily. If you know it is going to be messy and you weren't dying to see the bands playing it isn't a crazy idea to call it and put the money elsewhere. "Suck it up" and "no such thing as bad weather, just bad preparation" is for some people... Forcing others who it isn't for ends up with them having a miserable expensive weekend.

I reckon a lot of people will be stuck with the tickets unfortunately and end up going as it is a sunk cost at that point. I hope they can have a good time.

Just had a look on Toutless ... wow, tons of tickets. Someone sold one for 150 this morning!

There is roughly 5% of all tickets for an event will have people looking to resell one way or another (not necessarily on us). The more tickets issuee for the event the more people looking to shift on us. Usually anything over 10k capacity it will be pretty much guaranteed to be tickets on the day.

Add bad weather forecast or other predictions of doom (when Whitney played and the show reports started coming in for example) and the prices plummet as that 5% becomes more like 10% as people ditch to recover whatever they can. The worst was Oxegen '08 which was a predicted mud bath. People where selling 220 tickets for 100 and the like.

I've given up telling people not to bother paying the tout prices at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Up until the last 2/3 years, I remember there was always tickets going for €150-180 the few days before; typically last minute changes of mind, touts who couldn't shift their lot, etc

Last 2/3 years, it became way less common to see them so cheap - EP becoming the event of the summer and the good weather combining the ensure that there was almost always someone ready to pick one up.

But if the weather isn't going to play ball and some people were just going for the craic and the Instagram pictures, it's not a surprise that they're selling off tickets for a fraction of what they paid.

EDIT: Also, the fact that Ticketmaster have tickets for sale (I don't know how many but it would have helped some desperate folks who had no luck previously) means that those shifting second hand have even less of an outlet/market to target. Would I rather pay €250 from Ticketmaster and know it's legit or pay €200 to someone on Facebook? I know most sellers are genuine, but there have been one or two horror stories the last 3/4 years that would make me prefer the legit route if it's an option!

In fairness, for the past few years it's always very hard to get a ticket in the weeks beforehand and then quite easy in the days beforehand. People have last minute things come up and need to get rid of tickets quickly I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I am just jumping in, but from my learning being at a festival with a bit of rain recently. When the weather's not good this is where the lineup is needed to keep the spirits up to get you through and I mean someone you are really looking foward to. Irish festivals have become so diluted lineup wise that that when the rain comes down it really sticks out.

Someone mentioned oxegen 2008 being a washout, for all the flaws of oxegen. Look at the lineup they had.

Advertisement