Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rcarroll1992

Not sure if this has been asked already but is there anywhere onsite that will be showing the Dublin vs Kerry match? Ya I know its the one weekend of the year that everything should just be forgotten about and enjoy the experience but it also happens to be the one weekend of the year that the All Ireland final is on. So I'll only be tuning in to the match for the time its on and then I'll be back to exploring the magic of the picnic. Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JordanN99

Hi, quick question, i've bought a family ticket from one of my friends that can't go anymore, can i use that at any entrance?
    On the website it says i will be refused entry to the family campsite (I was assuming that is where i would have to enter)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Not sure if this has been asked already but is there anywhere onsite that will be showing the Dublin vs Kerry match? Ya I know its the one weekend of the year that everything should just be forgotten about and enjoy the experience but it also happens to be the one weekend of the year that the All Ireland final is on. So I'll only be tuning in to the match for the time its on and then I'll be back to exploring the magic of the picnic. Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks.

Not usually, there will be a big crowd heading down to Stradbally for it so go early if you want a seat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Thanks.

Pub in the village is your best bet.

If you are in campervans, stroll around and see if someone has it on, they might share if you are from the right county ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

f809c3954a91a21ece5219d70e821dfd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

JordanN99 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question, i've bought a family ticket from one of my friends that can't go anymore, can i use that at any entrance?
    On the website it says i will be refused entry to the family campsite (I was assuming that is where i would have to enter)

You can use it at any entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JordanN99

You can use it at any entrance.
    Perfect. Cheers for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

lbj666 wrote: »
    I am just jumping in, but from my learning being at a festival with a bit of rain recently. When the weather's not good this is where the lineup is needed to keep the spirits up to get you through and I mean someone you are really looking foward to. Irish festivals have become so diluted lineup wise that that when the rain comes down it really sticks out.

Someone mentioned oxegen 2008 being a washout, for all the flaws of oxegen. Look at the lineup they had.

Lineup wise Oxegen had the pick of high profile acts in the late 00s but it's easy to look back with rose tinted glasses on how great it was. Oxegen had many flaws that can't be ignored, lads setting tents on fire became an issue around then. I remember watching the Munster final between Clare and tipp one year, essentially ended up being a riot and they turned off the game at half time. Place was an absolute Haven for general scumbag behavior. Aside from music there wasn't really that much else going on.

Oxegen was also expensive for the time 220+ for a ticket 10 years ago is pricey. Higher profile acts are also harder to get these days simply because they make so little off album sales these days so they ask for more for live shows. Yes we had the great sets in Punchestown like the Rage or Daft punk but picnic still wins out for me. I always enjoy myself and the general vibe is a lot less hostile and it will be the same this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I'm thinking of buying 4 tickets with the intent of selling them at a higher price once they are sold out. Would this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying 4 tickets with the intent of selling them at a higher price once they are sold out. Would this work?

Yes of course, all the market trends are pointing to a jackpot baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Mr_Muffin wrote: »

Buy as many as you can. Make multiple TM accounts and multiple credit cards. You can't lose

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone surprised that Versatile don’t seem to be on the bill anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Mr.S wrote: »
    Banned.

Harsh. I presumed he/she was only joking - a light hearted remark in response to the availability of tickets available in the days before the gig, and the fact that touts may have been stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

endainoz wrote: »
    Lads there's a friggin Mariachi band in Jerry Fish Saturday evening. Perfect music for a burrito!

Saw them at kaleidoscope bit of fun if nothing else on to tickle your fancy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sweetpete

Thanks.

An Pobail Gaeilge in minefield show the all Ireland final. I watched the Dubs v Tyrone there last year and will be there again this year. Best to get there as early as you can before throw in as it fills up.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Can anyone provide a link to pink moon early entry tickets, can't find it on the website, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Thanks.

It will be on in the Mindfield but the TV is quite small, you'd need to be infront of it early. If you're in Pink Moon it will also be on in the bar in there, however last year the aerial was having issues and it was cutting out a lot.

As others have said use the village. We went down to a pub called Napper Tandys last year to charge our phones and watch the old firm game (which funny enough is on this Sunday as well) and sample a bit of their carvery.

They had a big projector screen out the back for the All Ireland final. It wasnt really that busy about an hour before throw in but we headed back to Picnic before that so I cant comment on the crowds during the game but because it was out the back there was a LOT of room so you wont have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Can anyone provide a link to pink moon early entry tickets, can't find it on the website, thanks.

they're sold out

http://www.pinkmooncamping.co.uk/webpage.asp?menuitemcode=123&main=yes&mainmenu=Main+Products+

Is that a thing? I thought you just needed the Picnic early entry ticket?

Snarky Snark Snark

Is that a thing? I thought you just needed the Picnic early entry ticket?

No, you need both if you're staying in Pink Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Mount Vesuvius

Ah no way, I have early entry for today and now can't get into pink moon, how ridiculous is that

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Still no line up for the throwback stage on the app, has anyone heard anything apart from the press release about bonnie Tyler ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

lbj666 wrote: »
    I am just jumping in, but from my learning being at a festival with a bit of rain recently. When the weather's not good this is where the lineup is needed to keep the spirits up to get you through and I mean someone you are really looking foward to. Irish festivals have become so diluted lineup wise that that when the rain comes down it really sticks out.

Someone mentioned oxegen 2008 being a washout, for all the flaws of oxegen. Look at the lineup they had.

It's all entirely subjective. The Strokes and Billie Eilish are my only two must-sees amongst the main ones but the top five are enormous acts:

The Strokes - still headlining festivals all over the planet and a coup for EP.
    Billie Eilish - biggest selling artist in the US this year, number one album throughout the planet and the biggest young artist out there.
    Florence & the Machine - US and worldwide number ones in 2015 and 2018. Recent Glastonbury headliner and continues to be a headliner at every fest they appear at.
    Hozier - US and worldwide number one in 2019.
    The 1975 - US number one in 2016, worldwide number one this year. Headlined Reading/Leeds and loads of others.

They may not be to your taste but they're the reason EP will sell out so quickly again for 2020. Festival-goers realise that EP can get the names.
    They may not be to your taste but they're big acts. And there are lots more on the 30-plus stages at EP. Dig a little more. And enjoy the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rachiee wrote: »
    Still no line up for the throwback stage on the app, has anyone heard anything apart from the press release about bonnie Tyler ?

N-Trance and *sigh* Mr. Motivator were announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://clashfinder.com/s/ep2019/?user=0ja97m.vj&

Stage line-up is on the Clashfinder - Smash Hits and N Trance on Sunday, Bonnie Tyler Saturday and just DJs otherwise, I think.

Snarky Snark Snark

Ah no way, I have early entry for today and now can't get into pink moon, how ridiculous is that

pain in the hole that but it was listed on their site.

Name : EP Early Entry
    Description : Electric Picnic festival early entry with the weekend ticket

Not valid unless accompanied by a full weekend Electric Picnic festival ticket.

This will admit one person only when accompanied with a full weekend Electric Picnic festival ticket and permits entry from Thursday on week of event.

Please note: No refunds will be given on any ticket products !

Please note: this early bird ticket only allows you early entry into the Pink Moon campsite, you must also buy the festival early bird ticket to access the event on Thursday

Download an app called Festable.

everlast75 wrote: »
    N-Trance and *sigh* Mr. Motivator were announced
    N-Trance? Fecking sweet

Download an app called Festable.
    I don't see it in the app store? :(

• Advertisement
    Snarky Snark Snark

I don't see it in the app store? :(

Android Only I think, if on iOS then the official EP app is actually half decent the last few years.

Advertisement