Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Charlie wrote: »
    Anyone surprised that Versatile don’t seem to be on the bill anywhere?

Not really. They came in for a load of stick on Twitter in recent months over their borderline racist and misogynistic lyrics.

They also call themselves "inner city degenerates" but went to St Conleth's private school in D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

JordanN99 wrote: »
    Hi, quick question, i've bought a family ticket from one of my friends that can't go anymore, can i use that at any entrance?
    On the website it says i will be refused entry to the family campsite (I was assuming that is where i would have to enter)
    You can use it at any entrance.

I've gone last 6 or 7 years with a family ticket and you must exchange it at the family entrance only.
    You need your family in attendance with you and all children need to be registered with the event ahead of the day
    Once you get the wrist band you can then come see go as you please.
    The security on the family end is very very strict

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Since the boundary for the main arena has been extended can you only bring cans to transmission and Anachronica!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

Rachiee wrote: »
    Since the boundary for the main arena has been extended can you only bring cans to transmission and Anachronica!

Yeah thats what it looks like alright - Salty Dog and Trenchtown inside the main arena and subject to main arena rules re bringing in alcohol

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

and pretty much nothing happens there during the day. yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Funkfield wrote: »
    I've gone last 6 or 7 years with a family ticket and you must exchange it at the family entrance only.
    You need your family in attendance with you and all children need to be registered with the event ahead of the day
    Once you get the wrist band you can then come see go as you please.
    The security on the family end is very very strict

I think Jordan has a family ticket but not bringing family and wanted to know if that ticket could be used for general entry. It can.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

sydthebeat wrote: »
    and pretty much nothing happens there during the day. yeah?

Literally nothing so we have to pay for drink, all day ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Still no line up for the throwback stage on the app, has anyone heard anything apart from the press release about bonnie Tyler ?

Here you go.......

https://twitter.com/ElectricIreland/status/1166730164723732483

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think if I was getting married tomorrow I wouldn’t be as obsessed with the weather as I have been the past few days

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Rfrip wrote: »
    I think if I was getting married tomorrow I wouldn’t be as obsessed with the weather as I have been the past few days

Same. I'd gladly buy that Villain lad a pint if I seen him down at Picnic the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Why is it not home time? Why are there still many many things on my to do list? Why am I not in a field with a can?

Also, here's hoping the people selling the tickets are the doses that are often around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »

Met office now forecasting Fri as dry from 1pm to 1am. Rainfall then until 7/8am and then showers from 2pm to 8pm on Sat. Showers on Sun afternoon between 12pm and 4pm.

I can deal with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Met office now forecasting Fri as dry from 1pm to 1am. Rainfall then until 7/8am and then showers from 2pm to 8pm on Sat. Showers on Sun afternoon between 12pm and 4pm.

I can deal with that.

Sounds strangely similar to the ATN forecast haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Same. I'd gladly buy that Villain lad a pint if I seen him down at Picnic the weekend.

Haha! I'll PM you sunday what I'm wearing :P

Question that someone might be able to answer, one of the women I work with is staying in boutique camping, will be traveling from Carlow town so guessing they will be diverted to Yellow Car Park.

How do they get their wrist band and get entrance? Do they have to walk all the way back up through town and down to Main entrance beside Paintball entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Some people looking for tickets on FB are only offering €105 for them!

While I feel sorry for those that have to sell for genuine reasons, I'd like to think most selling are a holes holding out for mental money and trying to make a killing. Tables have turned and its delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Transmission area open from 7 to 12 tonight according to their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

Villain wrote: »

Question that someone might be able to answer, one of the women I work with is staying in boutique camping, will be traveling from Carlow town so guessing they will be diverted to Yellow Car Park.

How do they get their wrist band and get entrance? Do they have to walk all the way back up through town and down to Main entrance beside Paintball entrance?

Regular boutique camper here...

No. Yellow Car Park is perfect for starters. Follow route into EP and get normal wrist band. Then go into Jimi Hendrix (keep eyes closed) and head right towards boutique/Harvest Moon area. Wrist bands for that area will be there. She will need to know the company she booked with and who's the main booker etc.

P.S. I assume she is boutique and not Pink Moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Limerick91

You enter through any entrance and get your boutique wrist band at the entrance to the boutique campsite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

The forecast was rain all Friday and until 4/7pm Saturday evening - now it’s no rain until 1am Friday??

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

I have an eco camping pass if anyone wants it. Pm me

Gone

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    The forecast was rain all Friday and until 4/7pm Saturday evening - now it’s no rain until 1am Friday??

Yep it has changed a fair bit but still likely some rain Friday morning and early afternoon then mainly (possibly not totally) dry Friday evening until heavy rain arrives around 1am Saturday morning with heavy rain until Saturday morning clearing around 8-9am.

High resolution weather models will have a better handle on this after around 8pm tonight and I'll post an update then but even high resolution models can be 50-100 miles off so keep an eye on rain radar Friday evening and prepare for a very wet night Friday, i.e. waterproof what you can.

Then cool and mix windy for the weekend with mix of sunny spells and showers, jumper on/jumper off kind of weather :D

I'll have more updates on Twitter later also https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

A big thank you to whoever (can't find the post now) posted that Mountain Warehouse are giving 20% off with your EP ticket.

New jacket secured for the weekend. 😀

There are so many pockets in it I might have trouble finding my cans, never mind security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Yep it has changed a fair bit but still likely some rain Friday morning and early afternoon then mainly (possibly not totally) dry Friday evening until heavy rain arrives around 1am Saturday morning with heavy rain until Saturday morning clearing around 8-9am.

High resolution weather models will have a better handle on this after around 8pm tonight and I'll post an update then but even high resolution models can be 50-100 miles off so keep an eye on rain radar Friday evening and prepare for a very wet night Friday, i.e. waterproof what you can.

Then cool and mix windy for the weekend with mix of sunny spells and showers, jumper on/jumper off kind of weather :D

I'll have more updates on Twitter later also https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather

That’s put me in much better mood! Will leave Dublin early afternoon hopefully miss the rain then at least get to enjoy a dry first can!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

declanleo wrote: »
    I have an eco camping pass if anyone wants it. Pm me

PM sent.

Full size quality video from this morning as Twitter down scales it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

A big thank you to whoever (can't find the post now) posted that Mountain Warehouse are giving 20% off with your EP ticket.

New jacket secured for the weekend. ��

There are so many pockets in it I might have trouble finding my cans, never mind security.

That was me! Glad to be of help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

I know there is a private Whatsapp group for this years festival but I found the ATN public one once you muted it and just checked in when you wanted was a good source of info sometimes so I don't want to step on anyones toes but I would be in favour of a public whatsapp group for EP 19 so anyone any interest in setting up?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Here's me going down to buy a burner phone for twenty bucks so I won't be found on whatsapp, won't care less if it doesn't survive the weekend and it won't need charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

reni10 wrote: »
    I know there is a private Whatsapp group for this years festival but I found the ATN public one once you muted it and just checked in when you wanted was a good source of info sometimes so I don't want to step on anyones toes but I would be in favour of a public whatsapp group for EP 19 so anyone any interest in setting up?

I think there is one already. Its a few pages back though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

everlast75 wrote: »
    I think there is one already. Its a few pages back though

Think that is a private one not one that anyone can join with a public link?

Advertisement