Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Forecast looking dry circa 6pm tomorrow for These Charming Men so time for the t-shirt declarations please. We can try and get a list going later but it looks like we'll be an easily identifiable tribe of (mostly) middle-aged (mostly) male dudes with anachronistic band merchandise lurking to the right of the Salty Dog sound desk.

Sure to be shunned by all around us. Just think of us as a 1980s time-warp leper colony. Twenty five hours and counting.

A leper colony indeed. White Smith's tshirt for me or bright orange raincoat. Couldn't miss me if you tried. I'll be there from Roadhouse doors on. Bursting for it now. Hope to see a few familiar faces and meet a few new ones. Great thread again this year, folks. Nicest bunch of posters on Boards. Hope ye all have a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rfrip wrote: »
    Waiting all day for this.....what took you so long !!!!!

WORK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Villain wrote: »
    The 12z updates on weather charts are rolling out and first few have the rainfall a little further Southeast! This is going to be tight and not a move in the right direction but they are still keeping the heavy rain just about away from EP until just after midnight.

Good god I cannot take the tension. It's like watching a penalty shoot out go to sudden death except every kick is taken a few hours apart.

"A Nation holds it's breath..."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

From The Guardian's review of Reading Festival:

The story of the weekend, though, is that of 17-year-old singer Billie Eilish. Initially booked to play the Radio 1 tent, her booming popularity brought a hurried shift to the main stage, where her late afternoon slot draws a vast crowd comparable to that for Arctic Monkeys’ debut here 13 years ago. With her green hair and graffitied clothes, the American looks more climate protester than mainstream pop star but clearly has the voice and talent to be anything she wants. She requests the crowd to “jump like kangaroos”. Her 40-minute, 13-song set covers subjects from sexuality to self-loathing and careers from sub bass rap to jazzy piano ballads. She leaves the field in triumph, a superstar and headline act in every aspect apart from her position on the bill.

I expect her to storm the main stage tomorrow evening. Good luck to Dermot Kennedy & Hozier following that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Boyfriend has a performers wristband, I have normal ticket, will I be able to camp in performers with him?

Not a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

I think Jordan has a family ticket but not bringing family and wanted to know if that ticket could be used for general entry. It can.

It can? Do you have a source for that?

In my experience it can't, due to the restrictions getting the wristband

I would love an update though if this is now possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Another teacher?! God bless you, Optogirl. And God bless our first class Monday morning. Poor sods.

First day back in school for me today.
    Out the gap as soon as the newbies go home tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Just read on the FB banter page that some people weren't allowed in with speakers has this always been a thing? Didn't specify the type or size of speaker mind. I've always brought a smallish bluetooth one with me but have also never really had my bags searched to be told it wasn't allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Late shout out for Cherym, punky girl band from Derry, just came across them. 2.20 on the Salty Dog tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to get in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just a hail Mary. Anyone heading from drogheda/ north county Dublin in the morning/noon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Funkfield wrote: »

It’s 100% possible. You just can’t do it the other way round.

Funkfield wrote: »

You can't go into family camping or get a family camping wristband. You will be given a standard wristband for general camping which is seemingly what you want. It's not an unusual situation. Year on year parents decide not to take their kids, a kid falls ill or some other circumstance. You'll have no problem getting a general wristband.

Cxloe wrote: »
    Just read on the FB banter page that some people weren't allowed in with speakers has this always been a thing? Didn't specify the type or size of speaker mind. I've always brought a smallish bluetooth one with me but have also never really had my bags searched to be told it wasn't allowed?

It's the same ban that affects campsite guitarists with Oasis songbooks.

Late shout out for Cherym, punky girl band from Derry, just came across them. 2.20 on the Salty Dog tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to get in for them.

I'll be there for them hopefully. Another band I caught in a support slot here and pretty decent. My partner is reining in my gigs next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Finally out of work. All week watching the weather this time tomorrow i wont give a sh**te if its raining. Enjoy all hope to see some of you and put faces to the great posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hoping to be there too

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Have a great time all. I used to frequent these parts in a previous life. ;)

Not making it this year myself but I'll be rooting for you all with the weather! Push on through regardless! I know you will all have a blast anyway...all fancy now with a WhatsApp group and everything!

Looking forward to the reports on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Another teacher?! God bless you, Optogirl. And God bless our first class Monday morning. Poor sods.

No, not a teacher. Just waiting for kiddos to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Right the t-shirts are sorted ,Friday-Iron Maiden ,Saturday - The Bunnymen, Sunday - Killing Joke,can’t wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ibeunreal

If my mate has a performers camping band, will he be able to access the other campsites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

ibeunreal wrote: »
    If my mate has a performers camping band, will he be able to access the other campsites?

Yes, apart from Pink Moon/Harvest Moon campsites.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Single Weekend tickets popping up on ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Just wandered straight into the main arena from family camping. No security checks at the minute but early days. Sitting at Salty Dog watching Carron soundchecking. Few folk wandering around with cans.... Maybe not being too stringent tonight??

Edit: and can’t find an open bar at the moment...I shall persist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Got here a bit after 4. Only green carpark open as expected. Wristband queue was sloooooow - corralled in car park and then paintball entry to smaller wristband check. Can confirm they shouted out at the security check about no speakers allowed, but it seemed a bit tokenistic.

I’m in eco. Still very empty. Some wasp activity and annoying flies. Rave in the woods soundchecking with DJ Shadow. If only!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Carron, mmm two fine sisters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

Anyone alteady down to music/comedy right now, and get in with cans, am wondering are they allowing them in tonight or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AnotherBlue

Does anyone know if there is such thing as a non-camping weekend ticket? I have a weekend ticket, just making sure it includes camping as it does not specify.
    Can't find anything online about weekend tickets not including camping.
    Won the ticket in a competition from one of the sponsors if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

All packed...can’t believe it’s finally here.
    Been such a lovely thread to read and post in. Hope to meet boardsies over the weekend! Will keep my eyes peeled for all the t shirts

Wishing everyone a safe, amazing and dry picnic.

I’ve a feeling it’s going to be the best yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 em81

Does anyone know if there is such thing as a non-camping weekend ticket? I have a weekend ticket, just making sure it includes camping as it does not specify.
    Can't find anything online about weekend tickets not including camping.
    Won the ticket in a competition from one of the sponsors if that makes a difference.

all tickets include camping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 em81

If anyone is around the caravan section and sees the jolly roger flying, say hi and i'll share my treats with ya!

Advertisement