Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    TCM 5.40 at the Salty Dog. T-shirt update - so far Whitesnake/Steve Miller, Smiths (apt Stillill), Carlow Ukulele Group, Iron Maiden, Stones Some Girls, Gorillaz. Any more I've missed or to look out for?

Smiths - There is a Light that never goes out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dunne_Pro

Can you bring any musical instruments in with you to just play around the campsite with friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭GentleHumour

On the road straight after the morning school run. (Someone else is picking them up. Grandparents or relatives I assume? Not my problem from 9am tomorrow until Monday afternoon. 😂) Genuine Christmas Eve feeling tonight...

Going to be some cracking t-shirts on show. I’ll be down the Salty Dog for TCM myself too, hope to see some of yis.

T-Shirt: Rutger Hauer “Tears in the Rain”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Dunne_Pro wrote: »
    Can you bring any musical instruments in with you to just play around the campsite with friends?

Most men end up playing with their flute by the end of the weekend tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

They said it couldn't be done.

They lied.

We got cans into Salty Dog, but we had to walk through Chaplin/Warhol then walk with purpose through a closed Freetown, then saw Mauntawk Hotel.

It was very empty, lads.

Back at Eco, probably done for the night. Still no entry from Eco/Chaplin to Freetown/Salty Dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    TCM 5.40 at the Salty Dog. T-shirt update - so far Whitesnake/Steve Miller, Smiths (apt Stillill), Carlow Ukulele Group, Iron Maiden, Stones Some Girls, Gorillaz. Any more I've missed or to look out for?

Somewhat undecided... most likely either My Bloody Valentine tee or a Mexican Day of the Dead type skeleton guy....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

T-Shirt: Rutger Hauer “Tears in the Rain”

Tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

everlast75 wrote: »
    Most men end up playing with their flute by the end of the weekend tbh....

"for the last time Finbar, put away your flute, no one wants to see you play it"

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

What's the ground conditions like guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Just finished setting up the camper and folding caravan, left Dublin at six and traffic was very heavy near that festival, seemed to be two way traffic on the lane up to campervans, with campervans going both directions and many of those not coming from stradbally missing the turn and having to try to turn around. Then got here more or less the same time as last few years but there were so many more caravans here already. Got here about 8pm maybe a bit later and we're already down around the dog leg part of the field.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Reports of random strip searches happening at the gate. Can anyone confirm that?

Can't seem to get into anything from campervans, only campsites. Is anything on or open now?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Just finished packing my bag and the weight of it! Dreading carrying it. Might have to fire about 6 cans in me as soon as I get off the bus to numb the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

thebusher wrote: »
    Smiths - There is a Light that never goes out

Pink Floyd, dark side of the Moon

Snarky Snark Snark

Dunne_Pro wrote: »

please see post #1 of this thread

And just to add a list of what not to bring -
    3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

please see post #1 of this thread

And just to add a list of what not to bring -
    3 - GUITAR - any attempts at wonderwall will result in you being shot to death with balls of your own sh1te

I'm bringing in my mandolin so if you hear anyone badly playing in pink moon that'll be me.

*Wonderwall is not a Mando friendly tune

Snarky Snark Snark

endainoz wrote: »
    I'm bringing in my mandolin so if you hear anyone badly playing in pink moon that'll be me.

*Wonderwall is not a Mando friendly tune

seriously though, why would you risk bringing an instrument into an environment where it can be nicked or suffer weather/accidental damage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Last post on t-shirts. Confirmed for TCM to right of sound desk.

Whitesnake/Steve Miller, Smiths (two), Carlow Ukulele Group, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones Some Girls, Gorillaz, Rutger Hauer, Pink Floyd, Cure Why Can't I Be You, My Bloody Valentine.

Safe travels.

seriously though, why would you risk bringing an instrument into an environment where it can be nicked or suffer weather/accidental damage

Ah I know there is always a risk of that, wouldn't being it to regular campsite to be fair. But I've found the pink moon crowd are fine. It depends who's around me if I'll play it or not, but me and a couple of friends like to throw out a few reels in the afternoon. Only know a hand full of tunes really but who knows, maybe the illustrious bodhrandude might join us for a bit of percussion!

Alkers wrote: »
    Can't seem to get into anything from campervans, only campsites. Is anything on or open now?

By way of an update, the only entrance open was the one down at the carnival, had to do a massive loop all down there, through trenchtown to get to salty dog.
    Good few changes to the site, one ways being enforced but some of the old signs have been used so sign for Wilde pointing wrong way, Janis Joplin sign where the map shows the Greta section and a few other things like that. Campsites quite busy already, roll-on tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

I heard a figure of 10,000 early entry people, I can certainly believe it based on the people and the tents here already. Good chilled evening, looking forward to tomorrow and TCM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Serious queue to get in at half ten. Just pitched now in the eco. Any craic?

Snarky Snark Snark

griffdaddy wrote: »
    blah blah blah Any craic?

yes, I am warmly sozzled, played rocket league for the first time in months and am going to soon go upstairs and set my out of office and turn off the puter.

I shall be packing nice and early with the aim of being on the road by 12 at the latest

There may be another message after
    if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Whoever was belting out Aslan ASLAN!! in the campervan park around 1am last night: I will find you, and I WILL kill you.

Other than that and a few minor mishaps with the campervan (no awning poles and a broken bed slat) we are already loving the campervan life and am seriously impressed with the set up. Had a quick nosey around the Salty Dog last night and I'm very excited for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Daisies wrote: »
    Reports of random strip searches happening at the gate. Can anyone confirm that?

Any Boardsies witness this?

Charlie wrote: »

If they have guards there, it's not that unbelievable. But unlikely to do it during the main rush this morning for people. Would slow things down too much.

Good morning kids, happy picnic! Stayed in Portlaoise last night so will be getting bin there nice and early this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Latest charts are more or less the same, maybe a little more rain earlier tonight but still not too heavy until after midnight. Sunday will feel cool lads and ladies, more than a t-shirt will be required!

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1167327504786317313?s=20

I'm hoping to make it myself for some of the weekend, if you see me I'll give you a forecast face to face :p

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Villain wrote: »
    Latest charts are more or less the same, maybe a little more rain earlier tonight but still not too heavy until after midnight. Sunday will feel cool lads and ladies, more than a t-shirt will be required!

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1167327504786317313?s=20

I'm hoping to make it myself for some of the weekend, if you see me I'll give you a forecast face to face :p
    Nice one for the updates over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Charlie wrote: »

Didn’t witness it but there’s been a media blitz the last week or so on the Garda operation plans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bunk Moreland

Finally we're here. Have a great weekend everyone and stay safe.

Advertisement