Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Are we excited yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Villain wrote: »
    Latest charts are more or less the same, maybe a little more rain earlier tonight but still not too heavy until after midnight. Sunday will feel cool lads and ladies, more than a t-shirt will be required!

https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1167327504786317313?s=20

I'm hoping to make it myself for some of the weekend, if you see me I'll give you a forecast face to face :p

Thanks Villian pint in it for you if we meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

Green car park is obviously best place to be placed if camping in pink moon but Garda traffic outlining that all Friday traffic will be directed to red car park. If this is the case, would it be quicker to walk up the road to the paintball entrance as opposed to walking through the whole site?? Is this allowed?

Any one experienced this today? Hoping to hit green car park rather than trek from red. Best bet to head from portlaoise on n80 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mr.S wrote: »
    Unless Gardai have a strong suspicion you have more drugs on you (as in the found some in your pocket or whatever) they aren't going to strip-search you at the side of a festival!

Yep, it sounds like yet another random Facebook rumour.

And the Clashfinder still not ready for printing, possibly another couple of smaller acts for the Trailer Park, SD, Freetown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Yep, it sounds like yet another random Facebook rumour.

And the Clashfinder still not ready for printing, possibly another couple of smaller acts for the Trailer Park, SD, Freetown?

To be honest I have not had the time to update the clashfinder since around wednesday evening! As far as I know almost every stage is on it and up to date. Some of the trenchtown ones are missing, as are transmission and spike island. The rest should be good to go!

Leaving in next 30 mins. Have an excellent weekend folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if there's stuff still to go on the clashfinder, people are well able to click "Edit" and do it themselves.

but but but...
    1UrF4CT.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Are there lockers again this year? If so where please?

To be honest I have not had the time to update the clashfinder since around wednesday evening! As far as I know almost every stage is on it and up to date. Some of the trenchtown ones are missing, as are transmission and spike island. The rest should be good to go!

Leaving in next 30 mins. Have an excellent weekend folks!

Yeah, thought it was fine but was really wondering if people had heard about any late additions or changes.

Safe travels.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

tvercetti wrote: »
    Here's a invite link to a newly setup Public WhatsApp group!

https://chat.whatsapp.com/K9AIyDzGN4cHIyMlOERQqy

PM me with your phone number if you want to be added to the "Private Group"

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Are there lockers again this year? If so where please?

Giglocker will be in Hendrix near the main entrance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

otterboy wrote: »

Any one experienced this today? Hoping to hit green car park rather than trek from red. Best bet to head from portlaoise on n80 ?

We just tried that but got diverted off the n80 unfortunately. Hope we can still get into green.

if there's stuff still to go on the clashfinder, people are well able to click "Edit" and do it themselves.

but but but...
    1UrF4CT.jpg

Not quite like that. I was asking for advice. But good of you to set a mellow tone for the day ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 otterboy

endainoz wrote: »
    otterboy wrote: »

We just tried that but got diverted off the n80 unfortunately. Hope we can still get into green.

Maybe the r427 from abbeyleix?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Stay safe folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Anyone there can give report on the bag checks going in today? Usually they just open top of bag and maybe pat around for glass bottles. Are they actually reefing through the bags, messing around in clothes/toiletries bags etc this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Checks yesterday, when I went in, were the normal quick looky/patty affairs. No change to the usual.
    showpony1 wrote: »
    Anyone there can give report on the bag checks going in today? Usually they just open top of bag and maybe pat around for glass bottles. Are they actually reefing through the bags, messing around in clothes/toiletries bags etc this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

With the extension of the arena to SD and Freetown, it means that there is a long walk around. Paintball entrance to Hendrix is a serious walk and there is only one path that everyone is on. Big bottleneck at Starfish junction, the change between Joplin and Warhol, where the Tesco is. Very narrow path and lots of people trying to get up and down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Wtf is that pink powder?

Prob mdma, looks like pills that have been crushed up

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Kepler21 wrote: »
    With the extension of the arena to SD and Freetown, it means that there is a long walk around. Paintball entrance to Hendrix is a serious walk and there is only one path that everyone is on. Big bottleneck at Starfish junction, the change between Joplin and Warhol, where the Tesco is. Very narrow path and lots of people trying to get up and down.

Sounds like changes for the worse! Limited pathways and rain/mud is a recipe for disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

hitting the road in about an hour or so, as with many i'm interested in success or failure of getting to green, i'm too old to do red to pink moon! any reports back on routes much appreciated!
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does everyone have to go in the main entrance, have a fast track ticket and staying in pink moon? Can't wait to crack open a cold one in the next few hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

I have to pick up a performers wrist band at the tour de picnic box office tomorrow (next to red car park) and then get over to family car park as we're camping with kids in family camping (wife has family camping ticket thanks to a sound boardsie). Can anyone suggest the best way to manage this without a divorce?

We should be arriving around 11 or 12 tomorrow so hopefully traffic wont be too bad.

hitting the road in about an hour or so, as with many i'm interested in success or failure of getting to green, i'm too old to do red to pink moon! any reports back on routes much appreciated!
    cheers

Mate of mine is settled into Pink Moon in the last hour, and there was loads of room in the green carpark.

I have to pick up a performers wrist band at the tour de picnic box office tomorrow (next to red car park) and then get over to family car park as we're camping with kids in family camping (wife has family camping ticket thanks to a sound boardsie). Can anyone suggest the best way to manage this without a divorce?

We should be arriving around 11 or 12 tomorrow so hopefully traffic wont be too bad.

There'll be very little traffic in the village tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

There'll be very little traffic in the village tomorrow.

Can I get to the Tour de Picnic box office on the Abbeyleix Road without going through the red car park do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

If it’s not closed off by the gardai, take the first turn-off the M7 exit 16 roundabout and drive up to Stradbally through the Heath (it’s marked as coaches only - no gardai yesterday). Otherwise go via M9 / Athy. Either good for Green car park. Assumes you’re heading down from Dublin.
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Got into green with no problems or traffic at all from vicarstown! It was probably the hardest experience I've ever had going into a festival. In pink moon now!

Advertisement