Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Imagine the Picnic was this weekend, not a very nice day today ahead of this Feile Classical festival, looks to be miserable and wet for the weekend.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

yuck.. but entirely possible

It's not remotely possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

But he’s the wordsmith of our generation ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

But he’s the wordsmith of our generation ;)

He’s the something beginning with W alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Well, he is the first name announced for Sziget

Group of us who went to Werchter this year were considering sziget next year. That option was swiftly removed from the table since this announcement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Could we make a deal amongst ourselves not to mention his name again. Maybe then it might never happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

He who shall not be named. I heard Radiohead are a certainty.

Ps, Orbital please. On the Sunday, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Imagine the Picnic was this weekend.

I’m still not quite right and won’t be for weeks yet, what sort of sadist are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

Imagine the Picnic was this weekend, not a very nice day today ahead of this Feile Classical festival, looks to be miserable and wet for the weekend.

The weather would want to seriously improve. It should be great but there are a HUGE amount of tickets for sale at the moment. I have 2 advertised at half price and time wasters are not even getting In contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Alas the Sheeran is entirely possible. Unlikely to cost more than Kendrick L and if he’s doing festivals then EP will be the Irish leg. If it happens let’s hope the fest is sold out before his fans get wind of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Alas the Sheeran is entirely possible. Unlikely to cost more than Kendrick L and if he’s doing festivals then EP will be the Irish leg. If it happens let’s hope the fest is sold out before his fans get wind of it.

Tbf, his fans were probably the ones enjoying Picture This, the Coronas, etc at this year's festival!!

You would have to say that it is quite unlikely that Sheeran skips Ireland entirely next year if he's touring in Europe and it wouldn't be too likely that he'd repeat his trips to Phoenix Park, Croker, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, etc so soon. Doesn't leave too many options for other gigs then, really.

I'd say Hozier and Snow Patrol are very likely for next year's EP. Beyond that, it's hard to know this far out until people start announcing tours.

Tbf, his fans were probably the ones enjoying Picture This, the Coronas, etc at this year's festival!!

You would have to say that it is quite unlikely that Sheeran skips Ireland entirely next year if he's touring in Europe and it wouldn't be too likely that he'd repeat his trips to Phoenix Park, Croker, Pairc Ui Chaoimh, etc so soon. Doesn't leave too many options for other gigs then, really.

I'd say Hozier and Snow Patrol are very likely for next year's EP. Beyond that, it's hard to know this far out until people start announcing tours.

Absolutely true about his fans st PT & the Coronas, but EP this and every year has been a mix of ages and music tastes. That would change if Sheeran fans were aware of him playing before the ticket sales in March. They’d snap up most of the tickets and entirely skewer the demographic. It’d be made easier for them by people abandoning EP for ATN cos of him. Reckon you’re spot on re Hozier & SP, headliner and sub respectively.

Lunatic conspiracy theories, cranky auld lads giving out about young people having the gall to like music, inventing things to give out about 11 and a half months before the festival..

Yep, it can only be the EP thread!

Lunatic conspiracy theories, cranky auld lads giving out about young people having the gall to like music, inventing things to give out about 11 and a half months before the festival..

As before it’s only the bad youngster stuff we give off about. Plenty of good youngster stuff this & every year.

And don’t forget, we correctly predicted the wave of bed-wetting Irish acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

As far as I can see the only festival on Ed Sheerans tour is Sziget, no? I'd say it is possible but not likely that he would be at EP.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    As before it’s only the bad youngster stuff we give off about. Plenty of good youngster stuff this & every year.

And don’t forget, we correctly predicted the wave of bed-wetting Irish acts.

See, is the 'bed-wetting' thing necessary?

I got a laugh at the "correctly predicted" bit. When EVERY SINGLE musical act on the planet gets "predicted" for EP, of course one or two of them will turn out to be correct.

Conspiracy Theory - a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for an unexplained event.

I’m glad you’re giving us boardsie oldies that much credit. Flattery will get you everywhere.

See, is the 'bed-wetting' thing necessary?

I got a laugh at the "correctly predicted" bit. When EVERY SINGLE musical act on the planet gets "predicted" for EP, of course one or two of them will turn out to be correct.

Are you the grumpy Jenny Greene stalker? It’s Friday man, chill, weekend is almost here.

2019 - Sheeran, Kodaline, Hozier, Snow Patrol. Plus a lot of more decent acts. You can quote this back at me in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You, my friend, used to be more fun. God help us, if we can't take a cut at Ed Sheeran, I don't know what the world's coming to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Anyone for a strokes headliner slot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

the fact that his most recent gigs here were multiple nights in those places, playing to multiples of the capacity of EP as a whole, is reason enough to discount him completely.

he's far too big to headline EP any time in the near future.

anyone who thinks that he's even remotely likely for 2019, is, to be blunt, a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

the fact that his most recent gigs here were multiple nights in those places, playing to multiples of the capacity of EP as a whole, is reason enough to discount him completely.

anyone who thinks that he's even remotely likely for 2019, is, to be blunt, a moron.

This statement is pretty moronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You, my friend, used to be more fun. God help us, if we can't take a cut at Ed Sheeran, I don't know what the world's coming to.

Is that when he/she was simply "Former"?

Am hoping for Childish Gambino next year. Other than that I don't really care.

I complained about all the Irish acts for the young folks a couple of months back. I was pretty glad to be proven totally wrong in that the younger crowd were grand in 2018. The only downside to it was the relatively empty tents for acts that would normally be considered big (e.g. St. Vincent, Death Grips)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He's no longer touring after his present run of concerts finish apparently. In fact he may have finished.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

cranky auld lads giving out about young people having the gall to like music

They are allowed to like music. They should just do it while working a second job to pay their extortionate rents while we who were smart enough to be born a few years before them get to enjoy our hedonistic lifestyle eating avocado toast and complaining about the poor selection of craft beers.

Weepsie wrote: »
    He's no longer touring after his present run of concerts finish apparently. In fact he may have finished.

I didn't know that. Goddam these multi-talented types who can simply give up a musical career to focus on acting. Its a real shame. One of the great talents of our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

A bit of a mental statement there no? I mean, fair enough it's somewhat unlikely he headlines but it's not so far out of the question that people who predict it are "morons"?

I mean if he's too big for festivals, why's he playing Sziget?

Kendrick is one of the biggest acts alive today, if somebody said to me this time last year he'd headline 2018 I would've been more surprised than Ed Sheeran being there this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I complained about all the Irish acts for the young folks a couple of months back. I was pretty glad to be proven totally wrong in that the younger crowd were grand in 2018. The only downside to it was the relatively empty tents for acts that would normally be considered big (e.g. St. Vincent, Death Grips)

Death Grips looked to have pulled a decent crowd, maybe not the same as Picture This but it was certainly packed at the front and middle of the gig anyway.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,580 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Drake, Post Malone?

Advertisement