Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

The only other negative is the amount of people who want go to an act and then want to have shouting conversations right in your ear. Go the whole way to a field in Stradbally and then get right up to an an act and not give the performance any respect. But I guess people just want to be someone and post their **** online.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Any reports on underfoot conditions this morning? Gonna be hitting the road shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

riddles wrote: »
    You would have to live be a good age to see the level of farce and greed that was the salty dog yesterday. They put seaweed everywhere which smelled like ****. Then charged 5€ per can no problem there but wouldn’t give you the can had a group of kids filling them badly into a plastic cup. I saw that clown Melvin tosspot down inspecting the nonsense at one point. Pragmatism is a dying art

True hippies, only interested in money and using plastics. You only get the real deal down at E.P me B*llix...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Any reports on underfoot conditions this morning? Gonna be hitting the road shortly.

Same as this, wondering whether can get away with normal boots or hiking boots needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Same as this, wondering whether can get away with normal boots or hiking boots needed.

Campsite is fine. Wet, but firm.. so to speak.

Can't say about anywhere else at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Genghis wrote: »
    Giving Khartoum a listen here in Salty Dog, then calling it a night.

Tightarse Tip: Heineken €5 a pint in Salty Dog bat, €6 bloody 50 everywhere else.
    The 5 quid pints are cans of Heineken

Hiking boots will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think rain has finally stopped. Burstin for a wiz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Uhhh Jesus, things are at an all time low here. Anyone any idea where the nearest tea and sausage roll to the eco campsite is?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

James Blake was incredible last night.

There’s something so special about EP
    Hope every one is having a ball. Day 1 was perfect for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yep, off to a good start. Odd Morris to kick things off for me today. I'm in a Cure - Primary tshirt today. Have a good one, people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

SQ2 wrote: »
    The 5 quid pints are cans of Heineken

Ah, didnt notice that. Still better than €6.50 at main bars. Also noticed Birra Moretti is €7.20. I think all pints were €6 last year? Were the bars not happy with a) an extra few thousand people, b) removing opportunity to bring in some cans to some stages without upping prices too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

EP 2012 popped up in my google photos. that tent was in hendrix at the arena entrance. crazy how empty it was

OWBnCcaVqsrv3IcltnWb57qSzP7B218ihS83fpLiJg6k710TkzKUPPsFGA0xR6k6jXp9Xqx0SVx3UDl7IHfKMXxAxIC0j9Tm52DlJGWs0n-83qxcHQ2TAUkwd32dbmqpDF70utC4OI1R2DZwpOzs4jbwwpN2p-sEi8HO92zsxY3YZULD18oUN7h0e_ItejMzZWW9zSITTdQ51rAeXrjUPw42vt-Kb3e9v5H2s_j_4XU8110qaloTOwWjdmZXV8gmqfEw9euay4lZd1sUvq4bLT1P8WwXVVLl6VQJNIQXnCiOowSahMmFq9D87fZzaumdWRcyJamJ0c5fiFNKWBgVi0KuA8nYetgiqpTeap9Vx2PbfYypaNCLD7tnYt1FSL8E8xt60kuPw0F7AShuic3WAz90OUEygskQ93r1TFjieT0OehofRp2ZAMcOg7aMWcTbLOb-Yv1mXrUckz-CVzJA5drJzPA1AUL3FzSXSiBUHovgcJy79OsY3Ueljn1WDy3ELYVFGtE_4yYQkpOHKtOYCW51cztMCfFQBwO9S2BFT9tCU7UaB1aknuqEouhFkeJOn7e83Gybu47w6uyJt-LVYKKNVg0IWHjnJRFtlXLB0HzAjQd3n8D65Nn84uXSA356tv8pQVUdlRDjW78fbJgCRzZbF7fCD3gsoVLrLBaDIm_2HwmUQvXWm2O6=s858-no

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Called it a night at 2, it was still dry. Then had the Rave and the rain to listen to from ECO for a couple of hours. Some parts a bit mucky but I haven't seen it too bad. EP 10 year T shirt for me, and the fedora, of course, for those I met yesterday.

Ah lads, the sun's shining. Maybe I'll ditch Odd Morris for the Bootleg Beachboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Anyone else find the one way system and new layout fierce disorientating? Used to know the site like the back of my hand, but definitely doubled back on some of journeys yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭riddles

EP 2012 popped up in my google photos. that tent was in hendrix at the arena entrance. crazy how empty it was

OWBnCcaVqsrv3IcltnWb57qSzP7B218ihS83fpLiJg6k710TkzKUPPsFGA0xR6k6jXp9Xqx0SVx3UDl7IHfKMXxAxIC0j9Tm52DlJGWs0n-83qxcHQ2TAUkwd32dbmqpDF70utC4OI1R2DZwpOzs4jbwwpN2p-sEi8HO92zsxY3YZULD18oUN7h0e_ItejMzZWW9zSITTdQ51rAeXrjUPw42vt-Kb3e9v5H2s_j_4XU8110qaloTOwWjdmZXV8gmqfEw9euay4lZd1sUvq4bLT1P8WwXVVLl6VQJNIQXnCiOowSahMmFq9D87fZzaumdWRcyJamJ0c5fiFNKWBgVi0KuA8nYetgiqpTeap9Vx2PbfYypaNCLD7tnYt1FSL8E8xt60kuPw0F7AShuic3WAz90OUEygskQ93r1TFjieT0OehofRp2ZAMcOg7aMWcTbLOb-Yv1mXrUckz-CVzJA5drJzPA1AUL3FzSXSiBUHovgcJy79OsY3Ueljn1WDy3ELYVFGtE_4yYQkpOHKtOYCW51cztMCfFQBwO9S2BFT9tCU7UaB1aknuqEouhFkeJOn7e83Gybu47w6uyJt-LVYKKNVg0IWHjnJRFtlXLB0HzAjQd3n8D65Nn84uXSA356tv8pQVUdlRDjW78fbJgCRzZbF7fCD3gsoVLrLBaDIm_2HwmUQvXWm2O6=s858-no
    Not much space there last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Charlie wrote: »
    Anyone else find the one way system and new layout fierce disorientating? Used to know the site like the back of my hand, but definitely doubled back on some of journeys yesterday.

Reading all the posts here with interest as didn't go this year. What's this one way system? Have the exits in and out changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

TCM - good but we're better when I saw them a few weeks ago. Noticed some of the t-shirts of fellow boardies, will say hello next time!
    Billy Eilish - stayed for 30min, very impressed
    Sports Team - excellent. Front man is pretty cool
    Jarv IS. Very good...when he asked the young land what scares him and responded with branflakes (and the reason for it) was hilarious!

Bed at 12....due to the Rave and noisy neighbours, got about 3 hours sleep :-(

1st cider neary down, and only 11 hours to the Bunnymen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Charlie wrote: »

This was me was all over the shop for a while.

• Advertisement

It's probably a pain if you're camping and I know the can situation is a bummer but I'm loving the changes. Felt like much more room on site, Freetown looks great, love Spike Island and the Made for Music stages.

And in and out to the Salty Dog in a jiffy! Oh, the freedom!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The bar at salty dog was mental at times.... Actually quicker to go to the bar in Freetown.

First time seeing TCM, won't be the last.  
    Billie Eilish crowd was chock full right up to the back of the main stage, spent about 20 minutes trying to exit the bar, seriously bad crowd management, definitely could have turned nasty.
    Jarvis was decent but a bit lost crowd wise in the EA, energetic performance as always!
    Over to the Dirty Circus in Freetown caberet for some burlesque was a nice addition, threw my head into Terminus which was a pretty epic sight with Amelie Lens playing, any idea what the crowd capacity is here?!
    Scary Eire for a bit then a DJ in grannies gaff, great craic at that - "No frigids allowed!"
    Taxi queue took an hour which brought us in to the rain at about 2.30.
    Woke up to sunshine and a level 8 headache... Round 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Lads I jusr had a message from the dad of Finn, the kid singing with The Wha asking me to take a snap.or two cos hes not here. Im away in the morning.

If any of TCM collective are there would you take one or two for me to send on Cheers.

Great night last night

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Have it 5 mins. Decided on Sports Team. They're brilliant but f*ck the Three Made by Music is the forgotten stage. Spent all the first Friday in OV, I remember it rammed all night ... We've got maybe 40 here.

Still Sports Team are awesome.

Raging I didn’t go to them . Went with Billie instead , she’s ok, dono what all the hype is about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Not a bad boardsie representation at Sports Team. CantonaGod, Orangeocelet, some lad called Genghis.

When I said 40 earlier I was including the band and the 6 idle bar staff in the crowd.

Real shame,-they rocked.

Was there for the last few tracks. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Not a bad boardsie representation at Sports Team. CantonaGod, Orangeocelet, some lad called Genghis.

When I said 40 earlier I was including the band and the 6 idle bar staff in the crowd.

Real shame,-they rocked.

Didn't realise the boardsies were there.
    Yeah sports team were well good. Small crowd but stage is hidden away abit. And the idle bar staff were selling cans of heineken in plastic glasses for 6euro!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭keepwalking

A lovely bright day here today but there's a grand breeze all the same!

Did a funky yoga class at Jerry Fish and having a wander around Trailer Park and Body and Soul. I love this time of day here, so chilled out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Was Billie elish any good? Looks like she got a huge crowd

Advertisement