Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Was Billie elish any good? Looks like she got a huge crowd

She was brilliant

Met sethrun at Jerry Fish, sound lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Limerick band Martian Subculture in Jerry Fish now. Impressive.

Sounding very like Whitney (the band not Bobby B's ex).

Poorside wrote: »
    She was brilliant

Met sethrun at Jerry Fish, sound lad.

Same to yourself and your wife. What a lovely lot the Boardsies are.

A great evening all round.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Was Billie elish any good? Looks like she got a huge crowd

Largest crowd I've ever seen for a main stage act

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Genghis

How's everyone doing with the smuggling?

Very easy last night, 2 cans plus a 'sealed water / white rum' a breeze.

Haven't brought cans in today but definitely search more thorough coming through at midday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Odd Morris. Jerry Fish. Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mr.S wrote: »
    How are the facilities and queues holding up? Hearing the usual "it's far to packed, oversold" comments more than usually on the Twitters.

Apart from the usual madness st the main stage, think it’s better then normal. The new Freetown and expansion of the main arena has thinned out the herds and made it much easier to get around.

Heineken needs to duck off though. Awful sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Genghis wrote: »
    How's everyone doing with the smuggling?

Very easy last night, 2 cans plus a 'sealed water / white rum' a breeze.

Haven't brought cans in today but definitely search more thorough coming through at midday.

Pice of cake . Bottle of vodka in both days now , wife bottle of gin . Stick it in the back of ur waist band of ur britches , they never pat the back down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Anyone go to Shura last night? Really good gig but strangely small crowd. Must have only been 50 people there.

Snarky Snark Snark

Anyone go to Shura last night? Really good gig but strangely small crowd. Must have only been 50 people there.

Yes but left after 4 or so songs. Nice but a bit dull.

The hat made her look like smurf wicked witch

• Advertisement

The forgotten stage. No sign posts, confusion with another stage with similar name, etc.

Shame as it's a great little stage with a very good line up.

Snarky Snark Snark

Dark Sky is reporting clear weather through to lunch time tomorrow.

Any chance Villan will grace us with an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Lisburn lass Amy Montgomery channeling Janis in about 5 minutes at Salty Dog. Do yerselves a favour and swing by... Anyone swaying along in a Suspect Device T-shirt ‘‘tis me.

Yes but left after 4 or so songs. Nice but a bit dull.

The hat made her look like smurf wicked witch

Hahahaha so true, and was very dull
    Love that new area though, OV was great but the crush made me avoid it a lot.

Pice of cake . Bottle of vodka in both days now , wife bottle of gin . Stick it in the back of ur waist band of ur britches , they never pat the back down

Got cans in yesterday & today. Barely checked by security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

SQ2 wrote: »
    Scary Eire for a bit then a DJ in grannies gaff, great craic at that - "No frigids allowed!"
    Will they attack the audience like they once did in UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You have to love this place. From the love in that was the Bootleg Beach Boys, up to Spike Island for a trad session, brilliant music and some serious freestyle amateur Irish dancing. Great craic. Happy people. I got so enthusiastic I spilt half a pint of cider over myself. It's not even 3 o clock. Life is good, folks.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Got cans in yesterday & today. Barely checked by security.

Nearly got anally probed coming in from PM.

Snarky Snark Snark

Poorside wrote: »
    Nearly got anally probed coming in from PM.

Usually have to leave a tip for that or else make sure you have flowers next time.

Jessica Pratt very good at the B&S but stands no chance against the background noise. Logis the worst culp8i believe.

Reminds me of Paul Buchan an getting drowned out here years ago.

Off to The Clockworks shortly.

• Advertisement

Usually have to leave a tip for that or else make sure you have flowers next time.

I certainly will, should have worn my short shorts to make sure of it.

Snarky Snark Snark

Lads & Lasses. Scary Eire, can someone answer this. Were they on the billl below Texas supporting Simple Minds in the RDS in 89? There was some Irish hip hop type crew and my brain is convinced it was them (day of my leaving cert results I think it was)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You have to love this place. From the love in that was the Bootleg Beach Boys, up to Spike Island for a trad session, brilliant music and some serious freestyle amateur Irish dancing. Great craic. Happy people. I got so enthusiastic I spilt half a pint of cider over myself. It's not even 3 o clock. Life is good, folks.
    The bootleg beach boys perfect way to kick off the day in the sun. Counted at least 5 of us there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Anyone know if the football match will be shown in there somewhere tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Couldn't get work off so am currently very jealous of you all living it up at EP.

Gerry Cinnamon at 6 is a must see. He puts on one hell of a show, will have the crowd hopping. I'd sell a kidney to be right in the middle of it all. Should be absolute mayhem.

Enjoy the rest of the picnic every one and hopefully see yous next year!

First proper set of the day and it's a good 'un. Silverbacks literally raising the roof in Cosby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anyone know if the football match will be shown in there somewhere tomorrow?

Newstalk tent in the Mindfield area was always the best bet for it. Crowd could be huge though so can be hard to see if you're not there early.

Alternative is to leave the site, head to Stradbally and watch in a pub there. Upside, better view actual pints but, of course, you've to make your way there and back again so less Picnic time.

I'm not a GAA fan so luckily have never had to choose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Newstalk tent in the Mindfield area was always the best bet for it. Crowd could be huge though so can be hard to see if you're not there early.

Alternative is to leave the site, head to Stradbally and watch in a pub there. Upside, better view actual pints but, of course, you've to make your way there and back again so less Picnic time.

I'm not a GAA fan so luckily have never had to choose!

Ran up to Kehoes a few years back for a semi final alright. Just me and the mrs tomorrow so wanted to see it without dragging her out of the site altogether. Ill bring the wireless instead :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Are Otherkin still on at 4.30 in electric arena? 4.28 and theres noone here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Kepler21 wrote: »
    The bootleg beach boys perfect way to kick off the day in the sun. Counted at least 5 of us there

6! ...was lurking at the back attempting the harmonies in vain. Roadhouse Doors at Trailer Park now. Serious case of deja vu. Not a bad thing though...

Advertisement