Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Are there many scaldies knocking about this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Are there many scaldies knocking about this year ?

Just you and your ma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Nipped out after Sugar Kisses. Up the front for the Strokes. They better deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Nipped out after Sugar Kisses. Up the front for the Strokes. They better deliver.

They will. Then that's it for me as on the road early tomorrow.

Keep providing updates on how disappointing Sunday turns out to be.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They will. Then that's it for me as on the road early tomorrow.

Keep providing updates on how disappointing Sunday turns out to be.

It'll be the best EP Sunday ever. Guaranteed. And I'll keep you informed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Stillill42 wrote: »
    It'll be the best EP Sunday ever. Guaranteed. And I'll keep you informed.

Definitely.
    Sons of Kemet. Completely mental, completely brilliant. I have never bopped so much to a sax and tuba, and two drum kits before.
    Foil, Arms and Hogg were brilliant in the comedy tent

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Sounds like any one I have talked to tonight will end up at Lamb at Body and Soul. I will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Justin has had a few too many sherbets me thinks,he looks rat arsed!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I never thought I'd get that 'getting old' feeling, but I'm actually quite content in not slumming it at EP this year and streaming Tool's new Album with a few cold ones instead. The Strokes near the front would be amazing though TBF.

Justin has had a few too many sherbets me thinks,he looks rat arsed!!!!

He's been rat arsed for 18 years.

And don't they sound amazing? Loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Picnic peaked with killing moon

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

sydthebeat wrote: »

The Cutter was a bit special too

He's been rat arsed for 18 years.

And don't they sound amazing? Loving it.

Yep and the band sound as tight as they always have!!!!!

Yeah lovely tribute Mac made to the late great Pete de Freitas at the start of the song.....

Julian is a patronising prick. I like the band, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭hullabulloo

Couldn't make ep this year so went to see the strokes in London at all points east preventative measure, please let's know what ye made of their set, as fans and as most will be, hard to explain.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah lovely tribute Mac made to the late great Pete de Freitas at the start of the song.....

Lovely Louis...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

The Strokes, a masterclass of music and comedy.

Julian is one funny guy.

It was like sitting through a Ricky Gervais comedy.

Great setlist though and band sounded awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

thebusher wrote: »

The Cutter was a bit special too
    The Cutter, Killing Moon and Lips like Sugar...an awesome finale to a great gig.
    Gotta be up there with best act of the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Another great day. Echo best gig so far. CATQ were damn good too. Somebody's child had a great set in the fabulous 3 stage. Left strokes early the "banter" between songs did my head in but the band were awesome. Missed thumper but saw them before relly like them. Including a small few half sets saw 13 bands today. Thats why the picnic is still the one for me. Roll on tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I just knew that one of the Boardsies would decipher what Mac was mumbling. Congrats Mike Guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Couldn't make ep this year so went to see the strokes in London at all points east preventative measure, please let's know what ye made of their set, as fans and as most will be, hard to explain.

Was at that gig too.. Breaking my heart to miss them tonight! Have to say though, I was a bit disappointed by them that day. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe the sound wasn't great.. I dunno.. I've seen them I think five times, but that definitely wasn't up there..

Could possibly be due to the fact that anyone trying to follow Johnny Marr would pale in insignificance. I almost wept during How Soon is Now. Was hugging strangers!

I just knew that one of the Boardsies would decipher what Mac was mumbling. Congrats Mike Guide.

No probs Seanthrunn ,I had to strain hear the scouse dialect that Mac was saying,safe journey home, take it easy

No probs Seanthrunn ,I had to strain hear the scouse dialect that Mac was saying,safe journey home, take it easy

Thanks man, and have a great Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Can not for the life of me find Berlinhaus. I know its meant to be on the way out past salty. Does it only open at a late time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Rankins really delivered last night. Theee fantastic sets in a row, Duff then !!!Brittany!!!then Echo. The dodgy sound quality during Duffs set solved for the latter two but Echo wins with those last four songs.

Would have loved a longer set from YER WAN.

Went to see strokes after. Tight as **** that band. Hit sack then

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Going down around lunch time if anyone is leaving with a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Strokes absolutely rocked. Julian though....what a dick.(even for a rock star!) Hard to Explain the highlight for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Sunday morning festival pig flesh sandwich and black coffee is best pig flesh sandwich and black coffee.

The not quite living dead are now getting up and staggering to their camping chairs where they will sit wall-e like in the morning sun waiting for the great fireball to push heat back into their alcohol riddled cadavers.

For all the eco messaging., there’s some scummy ****ers in this place. Rubbish strewn around like a fly tippers happy finish.

• Advertisement

Gorecki song of the weekend.

Advertisement