Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Half an hour late on stage, absolutely rat arsed and clearly didnt give a fcuk about the gig, he forgets the chorus to Last Night, and they only do an hour long set? I thought The Strokes were abysmal. Terrible headliners and a big disappointment.

Otherkin were fantastic tho and Gerry Cinnamon was insane.

Froze my arse off all night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Strokes absolutely rocked. Julian though....what a dick.(even for a rock star!) Hard to Explain the highlight for me.

I actually found him funny. The band were so good, and his voice too, that I could forgive him being so wasted. And they all looked to be really enjoying themselves, didn't look like the unhappy infighting Strokes of old.

Rankins really delivered last night. Theee fantastic sets in a row, Duff then Courtney then Echo. The dodgy sound quality during Duffs set solved for the latter two but Echo wins with those last four songs.

Would have loved a longer set from Courtney Barnett

Went to see strokes after. Tight as **** that band. Hit sack then

You did well to see Courtney a day early Scruff. Either a parallel festival or you were at Brittany Howard. Thought she was great also. And an excellent band. Nice to meet up and enjoy your Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Reggie noble

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I actually found him funny. The band were so good, and his voice too, that I could forgive him being so wasted. And they all looked to be really enjoying themselves, didn't look like the unhappy infighting Strokes of old.

Me too , thought they were class . Only gripe is they didn’t play long enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Would have loved a longer set from Courtney Barnett

We saw Courtney Barnett last night at End of the Road in Dorset at 9.30pm. Did they helicopter her from over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Toast wrote: »
    We saw Courtney Barnett last night at End of the Road in Dorset at 9.30pm. Did they helicopter her from over there?

Mistake I think...Brittany Howard!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭darzog

Stillill42 wrote: »
    White Reaper gig of the weekend so far. Brilliant stuff. Shame there were only 11 people there to hear it. Myself and Darzog tried to tell ye. Like talking to the wall. No point crying about it now. Agreed on Thumper. Fantastic stuff.

Yep, in total agreement, they were brilliant. They could have phoned that one in, given the dearth of crowd but they cracked on and gave us a show. I fear for the acts playing on the 3 made by music stage today given the lack of numbers down there so far. Still, I’ll be there for Heavy Lungs at 5. Get down there and bring some sweet Board love!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Dear all

I am a muppet who cannot tell my Courtney’s from my Brittany’s and my brain is completely addled.

I shall henceforth refer to all singers as yer one

Kthxbai

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

The poor Mother lads seemed to have an awful time getting on and setup in Jerry Fish. Not sure if the previous band ran over, but they were about 40 mins late starting their set and had terrible sound problems at the start.

Once they got there, sensational as always. Kelly-Anne Byrne over in B&S was a brilliant follow on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Very witty guy. Had me in stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Once more into the breach, dear friends. Not 100% decided on my early stuff but I finish off with Johnny, Richard Ashcroft, Bodega, Mitski and Courtney Barnett. That's a pretty tasty end to what's been one of my most enjoyable picnics ever. Maybe the Galway Street Club to kick things off at 12 at the Salty Dog? Pixies tshirt today, keep saying hello. I've met so many Boardsies this weekend, it's been wonderful. Let's wring the last drop out of this thing, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Did anyone go to see Just Mustard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Beer then shower then beer then move.
    Plans today are gospel choir, yer man from the smiths, yer man from the verve, kkc, the wee lass mitski? Kkc and to finish with the lovely yer wan who’s with yer man from the father ted theme tune band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Folks due to an unfortunate and clumsy “family incident “, no it’s not that serious,I won’t be able to make it out for the last day today.

But I’ll be following the thread and enjoying the chat and posts over the weekend,so everyone have a great day,take it easy and safe home and I’ll chat to ye more later

By the way check out Julian Casablancas Wikipedia page,it’s already mentioned his antics onstage last night and his interactions with the rest of the band

• Registered Users Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Folks due to an unfortunate and clumsy “family incident “, no it’s not that serious,I won’t be able to make it out for the last day today.

But I’ll be following the thread and enjoying the chat and posts over the weekend,so everyone have a great day,take it easy and safe home and I’ll chat to ye more later

By the way check out Julian Casablancas Wikipedia page,it’s already mentioned his antics onstage last night and his interactions with the rest of the band

That’s mad. It says he maintains a sober lifestyle. I saw an interview with him on YT few weeks ago and he was def on something. Not sure what but something.

I was there for the first 5 songs or so. Very good but had seen them at ATN and there was lots to see yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I was there for the first 5 songs or so. Very good but had seen them at ATN and there was lots to see yesterday.

Brilliant! Did they get a decent crowd?

Brilliant! Did they get a decent crowd?

They were on in the new Made for music stage which is lovely but seems to be off the beaten track, very small crowds. They had easily the biggest crowd of the 4 gigs I've seen there.

Me too , thought they were class . Only gripe is they didn’t play long enough

Sixteen tracks isn't too bad though. Setlist up online. I'd happily watch them every week.

Caught the second half. Excellent. A band that keeps improving and getting more confident. Fab end to the set and they had easily the biggest crowd of the weekend at the 3 Stage.

• Advertisement

Lilac a lot louder than their name suggests. Very good. Plus the main man was sporting a Kevin Keegan perm, the likes of which I haven't seen since 1981. Which was a nice bonus.

Sixteen tracks isn't too bad though. Setlist up online. I'd happily watch them every week.

Me too man. Quality

Yonaka at 3 , I’d recommend them

Lilac a lot louder than their name suggests. Very good. Plus the main man was sporting a Kevin Keegan perm, the likes of which I haven't seen since 1981. Which was a nice bonus.

A nice bonus indeed. They lifted the roof off the place. Thought that was you bopping down the front stillill !! Weirdly, Peter O’Hanlon erstwhile of The Strypes was knocking about backstage left with a guitar round his neck for the whole set. Thought he was waiting on a call up to the stage that never actually happened... Now for a bit of Johnny Stewart aka Wolff action aka. Lovely lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Fangclub to blow the cobwebs off...

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Kepler21

Brilliant day yesterday, made nicer by meeting up with you lovely folks at different times. Brittany Howard was great. Left the strokes because he was talking too much sh**e, went to 4Tet. Lamb at Body and Soul definitely one of the gigs of the weekend for me.
    I'll be around and at stuff, verve guy and Smith's guy, etc before the mega clash that is tonight

His Fathers Voice excellent. Helluva voice. Sparsely populated again but very enjoyable. Not really feeling Bob Skeleton. Touts shortly.

This is how you know you’re getting on in years. Just watched two excellent punky/hard blues bands Lilac and Wolff in Jerry Fish and gave it loads, but still ended up after each set in conversation with the respective band members mums and dads...and they were my age. How did that happen!

Please come to yonaka , not on for 10 mins but literally only 10 people here :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Please come to yonaka , not on for 10 mins but literally only 10 people here :(

Haha are you in the band?

Advertisement