Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Death Grips looked to have pulled a decent crowd, maybe not the same as Picture This but it was certainly packed at the front and middle of the gig anyway.

Walked in and out of that set a couple of times and got near the front with no trouble at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

the fact that his most recent gigs here were multiple nights in those places, playing to multiples of the capacity of EP as a whole, is reason enough to discount him completely.

he's far too big to headline EP any time in the near future.

anyone who thinks that he's even remotely likely for 2019, is, to be blunt, a moron.

Artists get bored of the stadium circuit and take the odd year doing fests instead. 2019 could be that way for Sheeran.

If he's doing festivals and EP want him they'll get him.

As far as I can see the only festival on Ed Sheerans tour is Sziget, no? I'd say it is possible but not likely that he would be at EP.

He's also doing Firenze Rocks in Florence and we're at the very early stage of festival announcements so I'd safely guess there'll be more. His tour finishes on August 24 in Ipswich which is bang on Stradbally time.

We've had about ten Glasto headliners so he could be yet another and I reckon they'll also have Kendrick Lamar at Worthy Farm in June. A few acts we could discount from EP but not Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Drake, Post Malone?

Yessssss bring on Post Malone! So unreal at Rock Werchter.

On a side note, Wolf Alice winning the Mercury Prize is amazing, great to see a small band on an indie label get the recognition they deserve

• Registered Users Posts: 19,719 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

On a side note, Wolf Alice winning the Mercury Prize is amazing, great to see a small band on an indie label get the recognition they deserve

Agreed.
    I'm so glad i saw them/ didn't see them/ saw them at the EP.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Post Malone?? really

He can stay at Longitude with the kiddies

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Drake, Post Malone?

Drake would be more likely for Longitude going off who they have had the past 3 years.

Post Malone was my surprise act of Longitude, didn't expect to enjoy him as much. Really appreciated the crowd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    We get The Cure and I really won't care who else is playing.

Agree completely... go so far as to say I wouldn’t give a ****e if ed Sheeran headlined the other two nights!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 teddybear73

Rfrip wrote: »
    Agree completely... go so far as to say I wouldn’t give a ****e if ed Sheeran headlined the other two nights!

Only if they play a decent greatest hits set though. They bored me to tears back at Oxegen years ago. Was looking forward to them for months and bolted after 40 minutes but thankfully ended up seeing the Killers in the New Band Stage in front of 300 or 400 people.

Only if they play a decent greatest hits set though. They bored me to tears back at Oxegen years ago. Was looking forward to them for months and bolted after 40 minutes but thankfully ended up seeing the Killers in the New Band Stage in front of 300 or 400 people.

Agree re that Oxegen set (2004) but the EP set was astounding. They'd added Reeves Gabrels and it was an end of tour blowout with 39 tracks in 3hrs 20mins. They played every last track I'd hoped to hear, it didn't rain and I was in Curehead heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Did the exact same, great decision!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Ditto.
    The Cure didn't hold the attention of my mates, so they headed over to see the Killers. I followed them over for the last 5 or so songs, and they were great.

The Cure @ 2012 EP is one of my all time fav gigs.

Ditto.
    The Cure didn't hold the attention of my mates, so they headed over to see the Killers. I followed them over for the last 5 or so songs, and they were great.

The Cure @ 2012 EP is one of my all time fav gigs.

Same here, that 2004 performance was ploddingly dull. Left after an hour of trying to get into it and ended up at Massive Attack I think. By then The Cure had lost about two thirds of the crowd.

2012 was something else though.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ricerocket

I'd say Ed Sheeran 2019 is more likely than not.  He played the Electric Arena in 2012 and my impression is that most acts enjoy coming back to "conquer" a festival.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

42500809_10155468026501402_2758052294674087936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=6a402f26ee6cf89bdc7a00ab15692406&oe=5C2C76D8

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

42500809_10155468026501402_2758052294674087936_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=6a402f26ee6cf89bdc7a00ab15692406&oe=5C2C76D8

Will that be Forbidden Fruit or one of the Kilmainham gigs like Nick Cave last year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Will that be Forbidden Fruit or one of the Kilmainham gigs like Nick Cave last year.

Id say maybe like Nick Cave , since FF is the weekend before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Could be Malahide or the rds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

declanleo wrote: »
    Could be Malahide or the rds

I'd say Malahide. Didn't LCD play there last year around that date (was raging as was away)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Synode wrote: »
    I'd say Malahide. Didn't LCD play there last year around that date (was raging as was away)

LCD gorillaz and LG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Delighted The Cure coming to Ireland. Would have loved them at EP again 2012 was unreal but will be there wherever there is.

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Delighted The Cure coming to Ireland. Would have loved them at EP again 2012 was unreal but will be there wherever there is.

True, but that's deflating to see, hopes were up for EP after they'd said they were doing twenty fests. And it may be just my impression but a great EP headline act feels better in Stradbally than doing their standalone gig elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

The Cure gig is Malahide Castle, I was half expecting them to headline EP. As I'm not doing EP next year this news has pleased me greatly

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Only feeling back to normal today to be honest. I missed the loyalty tickets because I just didn’t feel ready last Friday. Didn’t expect they’d sell out. It’s been hellish with back to school schedule and hitting the ground running. Very attracted to ATN for next year purely for the timing. It’s the same every year. Hate myself for two weeks post EP for being Party Mummy. Every fcuking year

I’m very late to the chat but.... Roadhouse Doors were fab. Found €50 during the set. Tried to find it’s own but to no avail. Is it yours? I bought an EP sweatshirt with it. Thanks! I really loved Chvrches set but it was far too short. Looking forward to seeing them in Olympia in February. I’ve never seen a main stage crowd like Dua Lipa. Never ever. It was bordering on dangerous. Great atmosphere though during that set. Mother DJs Saturday night were class.

Not much chat on here about it this year, but kids at EP are still a no from me. For me that is. I cannot help but think mine would be bored quickly. And anyway it’s our Christmas. No kids in tow thanks

Ha ha ha...I was at the Roadhouse Doors and lost €50 that evening. Can't say it was then, but hey, what's the likelihood? I can even see my brother and my mate in Bodhrandude's video from the set. I was heading for four sheets to the wind at that stage, after the wine pre fest and then sharing out the whiskey at the Roadhouse Doors.
    My grandmother used to say, after losing money, obviously that person needed it more than I did. That may be the case, but I hope the sweatshirt's appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Ha ha ha...I was at the Roadhouse Doors and lost €50 that evening. Can't say it was then, but hey, what's the likelihood? I can even see my brother and my mate in Bodhrandude's video from the set. I was heading for four sheets to the wind at that stage, after the wine pre fest and then sharing out the whiskey at the Roadhouse Doors.
    My grandmother used to say, after losing money, obviously that person needed it more than I did. That may be the case, but I hope the sweatshirt's appreciated! :D

I also found €50 at the corn dog stand at Trailer Park. (It's spent though so sorry if it was yours!)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I also found €50 at the corn dog stand at Trailer Park. (It's spent though so sorry if it was yours!)
    If you had said Suha's Falafel stand, I would hunt you down for it. I have photographic evidence of being there. I did also go to get four pints around the time of Kendrick and tried to get back to my friends. I ended up with none of them, after them being knocked out of my hands one by one...and I couldn't find my way back either. :ermm:
    I guess I can't really blame anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I intend to lose €50 at These Charming Men next year. So if you find it, I would greatly appreciate if you return it.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement