Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Managed to get my refund for the Loyalty tickets. The persistence paid off!

So glad now that I just went ahead at the time and bought on the incorrect codes. I was on holidays so I really didn't have the option to spend an hour on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aaaaah Electric Picnic C'mere gimme a hug, we've not forgot about you its just gonna be so damn long before we have an inkling of what's happening. Go back to 2014/2015 style and announce a few in late December, then again, you probably don't need to at this rate.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Caught a few decent upcoming acts at the great Other Voices fest in Ballina at the weekend - Girlfriend, Seamus Fogarty, Tamino (Belgian protege of Colin Greenwood), Little Green Cars, Dott, Lemoncello and many more. All welcome at EP next year and another sign that the local music industry is in good health.

Mazzy Star playing gigs again. Perfect EP fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Mazzy Star playing gigs again. Perfect EP fare.

Hadn't thought of them in years until the run up to EP this year. Song by somebody (Cigarettes after Sex?) really reminded me of them. Would love to see them on the bill.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Hadn't thought of them in years until the run up to EP this year. Song by somebody (Cigarettes after Sex?) really reminded me of them. Would love to see them on the bill.

Yep. Very similar. We'd be very lucky to get MS though. I only recall them playing once in the UK or Ireland in the last decade (2012) and the odd shows they're doing now may not lead to a 2019 tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Some man for one man this fella, would be tempted to get tix, best feel-good act of the weekend this year at EP
    https://player.98fm.com/Nile-Rodgers--Chic-Announce-Dublin-Gig

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Some man for one man this fella, would be tempted to get tix, best feel-good act of the weekend this year at EP

I've seen them about 5 times now.

The first time or two was magic.

The rest were so-so, as the gigs are very formulaic.

But definitely would recommend for the first couple of times :)

He must have a second home in Dublin. Two gigs a year to pay the bills and always welcome here.

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've seen them about 5 times now.

The first time or two was magic.

The rest were so-so, as the gigs are very formulaic.

But definitely would recommend for the first couple of times :)

True, but a decent time gap between the gigs and it feels fresh. Hadn't seen them for a few years and the EP set this year was fab. Less waffle, more songs crammed into an hour, vocalists great and the band were tight. Happy to see them again at the Picnic in five years. By which time they'll have played a further 17/18 gigs in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Caught a few decent upcoming acts at the great Other Voices fest in Ballina at the weekend - Girlfriend, Seamus Fogarty, Tamino (Belgian protege of Colin Greenwood), Little Green Cars, Dott, Lemoncello and many more. All welcome at EP next year and another sign that the local music industry is in good health.

Fogarty was great at Other Voices on the friday.

sweetie wrote: »
    Fogarty was great at Other Voices on the friday.

Excellent, wasn't he? Got a great write-up in the Indie too and Radcliffe/Maconie played him on BBC6 yesterday. He's on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Excellent, wasn't he? Got a great write-up in the Indie too and Radcliffe/Maconie played him on BBC6 yesterday. He's on the way.

Sorry, I meant at the picnic, I presumed you missed him then.

sweetie wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant at the picnic, I presumed you missed him then.

Ah, got it. Though you meant the Friday of the festival just gone. Caught him at EP too, was with a pal and Stillill42. Great set, though too many people nattering through it. Unsurprising on the first evening of the fest. Reckon he'll be back there several times in the next few years.

White Lies have a new album out early 2019 and are touring in Feb/March so could do fests later. They were recommended by pals but I missed them at EP before. Have listened a few times but don't quite get them, especially the JD/Interpol comparisons. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

White Lies have a new album out early 2019 and are touring in Feb/March so could do fests later. They were recommended by pals but I missed them at EP before. Have listened a few times but don't quite get them, especially the JD/Interpol comparisons. Am I missing something?

I think the comparisons are fair, if a touch flattering. I put Horrors, White Lies, Interpol, JD and Editors into a similar basket. In fairness, i think it is more to do with the pitch of the singers voices. Also, the same basket does not indicate a level of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Yeah I was in the same boat my case was ref a friend wanting to see them, dragged me along.... On paper they should be what I like! But something is missing in my opinion, they come across as bland at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The Cure playing Malahide castle tickets on sale next Wednesday. That's my Christmas present from missus sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

How many does Malahide hold. Probably sell like hotcakes even with Seatwave gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

No joy on Glastonbury coach ticket this evening.

As you were.

• Advertisement

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    How many does Malahide hold. Probably sell like hotcakes even with Seatwave gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The Cure playing Malahide castle tickets on sale next Wednesday. That's my Christmas present from missus sorted

That's xmas pressie FOR my missus sorted. :)

Though our wedding song was a superb jazz version of love cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

They're pretty decent live, I quite like them. They've a lovely anthemic gloom about some of their songs, wouldn't mind them at all.

Hurts would be a good fit again too, they put on a good show and do the big anthem song trick quite well also.

Anyone thinking its easier to buy tickets on Ticketmaster since seatwave is gone?
    Got Cure tickets no problem this morning but maybe they don't attract the mad Electric Picnic or U2 rush for tickets but thinking maybe all the seatwave armchair touts are not there to buy up tickets for "lesser" gigs these days.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Anyone thinking its easier to buy tickets on Ticketmaster since seatwave is gone?
    Got Cure tickets no problem this morning but maybe they don't attract the mad Electric Picnic or U2 rush for tickets but thinking maybe all the seatwave armchair touts are not there to buy up tickets for "lesser" gigs these days.

hard to gauge as 3 dates for george ezra went on sale at the same time.

what i find surprising is that i got 3 separate ticket offers on my mobile before i closed down my PC Ticketmaster page at 9:20, which was just searching consistently from 9am

sydthebeat wrote: »
    hard to gauge as 3 dates for george ezra went on sale at the same time.

what i find surprising is that i got 3 separate ticket offers on my mobile before i closed down my PC Ticketmaster page at 9:20, which was just searching consistently from 9am

I had 2 laptops logged into 2 different Ticketmaster accounts working on the home wifi and my mobile on mobile data not logged in to any account ( yeah a bit of overkill I know but what the hell)

And guess what got tickets first? The mobile had tickets in less than a minute while the laptops were showing the never ending circle of lost hope!

Eventually the laptops managed to grab tickets but that was after I had the tickets bought on the mobile and the coffee made!

I didn't even use the Ticketmaster app just used their website on the mobile.

Now keep that info to yourself and don't be telling everyone or they'll all be on the mobiles from now on lookin for tickets, sure twud be the ruination of it all!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

After securing glastonbury tickets for next year and missing out on the EP presale this year due to being sent the wrong loyalty code (and them selling out before this was rectified), it looks like I will be giving EP 2019 a miss. I've been every year since 2011 (was at one prior to that but not sure which year!) and while I'd considered giving it a miss these last few years, I had a brilliant time last year so was properly miffed with the debacle over the presale.

I will probably drop in on this thread closer to the time to dose myself with FOMO and also to offload my campervan ticket once it arrives shortly before the event.

Enjoy everyone!

Also got ticket via mobile while on the luas. Plan b was to jump off at Stephens Green and go to ticketmaster booth. Not needed thankfully and when saw sold out less than 2 hours later was delighted I had mine secured. Another date booked in the diary

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Also got ticket via mobile while on the luas. Plan b was to jump off at Stephens Green and go to ticketmaster booth. Not needed thankfully and when saw sold out less than 2 hours later was delighted I had mine secured. Another date booked in the diary

Great. Did you use the Ticketmaster app or just regular website on mobile phone?

• Advertisement

Great. Did you use the Ticketmaster app or just regular website on mobile phone?

Regular website. Was like a kid at Christmas when got ticket which is sad at my age but brought me back to my formative days.

Advertisement