Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Thats half the buzz, beating the "others" to the tickets and having a self satisfactory smile on your face for the rest of the day.
    Been on the receiving end of "sold out" plenty of times before and it sucks... especially in the early days when I would refresh the browser when it showed the circle of lost hope thinking it was the right thing to do, sorry I missed your concerts Bono!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Gutted I forgot about the sale today but might catch them at Glastonbury

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopefully not too long to this now. :):D:rolleyes:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Everyone all set for Lana Del Rey tickets tomorrow? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

nc6000 wrote: »

There's a huge Q for ticketmaster in stephens green today. It couldn't be...could it??:eek:

• Advertisement

There's a huge Q for ticketmaster in stephens green today. It couldn't be...could it??:eek:

Me thinks some Post Malone fans there too... sold out in minutes online...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    Me thinks some Post Malone fans there too... sold out in minutes online...

Please God it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,721 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Quick question. Thinking of going to a festival in or around March, to break up the full 12 months I have to wait for the EP :D:D

Anyone know of some?

everlast75 wrote: »
    Quick question. Thinking of going to a festival in or around March, to break up the full 12 months I have to wait for the EP :D:D

Anyone know of some?

The St Patrick's Festival ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

everlast75 wrote: »

Anyone know of some?

Mark Graham ( from King Kong Company) has a book out called "A year of festivals in Ireland

You might get some ideas from that. Haven't read it myself but I know the book goes through each month and Mark goes to different festivals every week all year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

nc6000 wrote: »

yep, roll on June! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Anyone know when they're announcing the day by day breakdowns....How do you get to the yellow car park....Will they be showing the match

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Anyone know when they're announcing the day by day breakdowns....How do you get to the yellow car park....Will they be showing the match

Ah here... it's the yellow car park I want to avoid... please talk about something more relevent to my IRL EP problems...

You mean Dublin going for five in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Oh yeah and while you’re at it....can you get cans into the arena?......is the boutique camping any good?........which is the quietest campsite?..........Radiohead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Lots of talk on Facebook about tickets going on sale again in the next few weeks!
    My understanding is all early birds are gone and that the next tickets on sale will in March approx and at the €240 full cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Lots of talk on Facebook about tickets going on sale again in the next few weeks!
    My understanding is all early birds are gone and that the next tickets on sale will in March approx and at the €240 full cost?

Unsure when they'll go on sale but surely makes sense for FR to capitalise on the demand and release tickets earlier. Will sell out quickly & money in the bank gaining interest for them A sold out EP will heap further pressure on ATN. They'll again struggle to sell all tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

So, I bought tickets with the installment plan. But I've had to cancel the card that I booked it with...

I've a new card now. But with different number / details obviously.

Question is, when the next payment is due at the start of November. How can I assure that they don't cancel the ticket.

Paddytee wrote: »
    So, I bought tickets with the installment plan. But I've had to cancel the card that I booked it with...

I've a new card now. But with different number / details obviously.

Question is, when the next payment is due at the start of November. How can I assure that they don't cancel the ticket.
    I'd imagine all you'd have to do us set up your new card on your Ticketmaster account and remove the old card off the account.
    Try ringing them on a day when there are no big concert ticket sales, you might actually get to talk to someone if they aren't busy selling tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

At KKC in the Olympia last night, brought on some delayed post EP blues! Phenomenal as always though. Legends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Bought a foldable sack truck from Woodies this year...was a really worthwhile purchase, even at 58e.

I saw a brochure for Chadwick's that have a similar foldable sack truck for 32e. If it had good wheels, then it's a bargin

http://www.chadwicks.ie/specials/autumn-2018

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

LowOdour wrote: »
    Bought a foldable sack truck from Woodies this year...was a really worthwhile purchase, even at 58e.

I saw a brochure for Chadwick's that have a similar foldable sack truck for 32e. If it had good wheels, then it's a bargin

http://www.chadwicks.ie/specials/autumn-2018

Wow, that's impressive forward planning.

Sure would be great for movin the bags of coal over the winter. Hose it done, coat of paint and ready and rev"d to go for the picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

After tonight, EP really need to man up and book Suede

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

After tonight, EP really need to man up and book Suede

Would love to see them at EP

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Off topic totally but I've booked my Festihut - that's one job done. BUT - I'm still worried about getting actual tickets for the festival. I see by previous posts that some are questioning more tickets coming up for sale soon - I would have thought that would be a Christmas Present Priority for a lot - so surely they will sell them pre Crimbo??? (I hope so it's made present shopping for my nephew easier the past few years). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Judes wrote: »
    I see by previous posts that some are questioning more tickets coming up for sale soon

Is this the same soon as in "acts to be announced soon"? In otherwords, March.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Is this the same soon as in "acts to be announced soon"? In otherwords, March.

OOOOH don't say that - can't wait until March to get tickets - I'll never survive it.

I have made a pledge (to myself) that if I get tickets soon - then I won't moan about waiting FOREVER to get line up info...……...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I suppose I'll just keep my eyes on the net, check new releases, this is a great website for checking up and coming releases over the next few months. I dare say they also have a database of up and coming tours, look out for old groups, possible reformations with big back catalogues, some of these acts will be snapped up by the Picnic. I'm still champing for Aphex Twin as per usual because there is excited chatter on the Aphex WATMM sub forum of a summer festival tour, so either ATN or EP might get him hopefully. Someone suggested on the ATN thread and I thought maybe he's too nasty for that, but fcuk it, if we can get the fecker to a camping festival late set, I would be very happy indeed, loving some of the new stuff. I stress though, I want him to play the Electric Arena, you can only really appreciate in a large marquee, the lasers got lost I thought in the Forbidden Fruit main stage.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Judes wrote: »
    OOOOH don't say that - can't wait until March to get tickets - I'll never survive it.

I have made a pledge (to myself) that if I get tickets soon - then I won't moan about waiting FOREVER to get line up info...……...:D

Tickets will be released the same week in March that first lineup is revealed, probably the day before. Will be sold out in an hour again. So, tickets on a Thursday and acts revealed on Friday lunchtime.

I would say well over half the tickets are already gone judging by the number of people who seem to have got their hands on them already.

Advertisement