Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They've been untruthful in the past. Often. But probably not this time. I reckon FM for the 50th anniversary. Though the dates are very very close to Glasto. An outside possibility they'd wait until Wembley was sold out to announce them?
    Michael has (more likely that he's just very doddery and out of the loop as he has nothing to do with music bookings these days), I can't think of Emily telling any lies about headliners though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Michael has (more likely that he's just very doddery and out of the loop as he has nothing to do with music bookings these days), I can't think of Emily telling any lies about headliners though.

Yeah, that's very true. Not heard her be misleading. It's also not worth the social media grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    They're too expensive. Glastonbury couldn't afford them in 2015 so the Isle of Wight shelled out the extra cash for them. A cert for Glasto in 2019/20 though.

And I'm surprised they're playing somewhere as small as the RDS, though they'll undoubtedly make up for the lack of numbers with the pricing. Still wanna go though.

I'm surprised it's the RDS too, they could easily sell out Slane. Glasto never appealed to me really, just seems too big but would defo make the trek over for the Mac if I don't get RDS tickets.

Anyone know if they're doing presale? And also anyone know how to get access to Spotify presale tickets? Saw they were on offer for Post Malone but got 0 answers on how to get them through the Spotify premium account!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm surprised it's the RDS too, they could easily sell out Slane. Glasto never appealed to me really, just seems too big but would defo make the trek over for the Mac if I don't get RDS tickets.

Anyone know if they're doing presale? And also anyone know how to get access to Spotify presale tickets? Saw they were on offer for Post Malone but got 0 answers on how to get them through the Spotify premium account!

Don't you have to follow the artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I looked it up there, it says you have to be one of the artists biggest listeners on spotify in order to get a pre-sale code and if you haven't received one it's because you don't meet the criteria. Haven't heard anything about a spotify pre-sale so I wouldn't be holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Foals just been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park , Hopefully they will pop up in Ireland next year

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Foals just been announced for Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park , Hopefully they will pop up in Ireland next year

100% will

Probably been asked already but anyone know when the tickets will go back on sale? Surely there will be more before the lineup announcement. Also will loyalty codes still work or were they only valid with the early birds? Have my ticket already but just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

No-one knows for sure, but going on previous years, tickets won't be back on sale until march (the day of the first announcement probably).
    Sunday tickets go on sale then too.
    Loyalty tickets are done and dusted, so it'll just be the full priced tickets available.

No-one knows for sure, but going on previous years, tickets won't be back on sale until march (the day of the first announcement probably).
    Sunday tickets go on sale then too.
    Loyalty tickets are done and dusted, so it'll just be the full priced tickets available.

Cheers, there really isn't much opportunity to get tickets when you think about it. Early birds sold out within a few hours in September and the remaining tickets will probably sell out within a few hours in March. Hoping tickets go on sale in January to give people a bit more of a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

One can dream but will never happen at EP but Tool I see have announced a summer tour for next year and hitting a lot of the main European festivals ,if only............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That’s more of a nightmare than a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

That’s more of a nightmare than a dream

Well its is a nightmare I wouldn’t mind seen happening.....ahem!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Slabs of cans for €20 in Supervalu at the moment, Guiness, Carlsberg and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

MadYaker wrote: »
    Slabs of cans for €20 in Supervalu at the moment, Guiness, Carlsberg and a few others.

Not sure I could trust myself to keep them until September;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Went to David Byrne last night (as likely did a few here). I get why it's critically lauded as it looks great, choreography & sound is excellent and the setlist is impressive. However it also felt cold & clinical, a little like a Byrne/Talking Heads cashbox musical direct from Broadway. Pretty sure that backing tapes were also used (despite his denial) as correct instruments not onstage for Slippery People & Once in a Lifetime amongst others. Made me miss the band.

Would still love him back at EP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

John Reynolds passed away this evening, way too young at 52, RIP and enjoy the big gig in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Poorside wrote: »
    John Reynolds passed away this evening, way too young at 52, RIP and enjoy the big gig in the sky.

Yeah crazy!! I wonder if FR will name a stage/area/feature after him?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Gutted tonight. Missed the 1st two but have enjoyed electric picnic every year since. It's not been the same for me since John Reynolds was forced out. Ive enjoyed ff and metropolis since as well as the pod etc beforehand. What a legacy he leaves. Rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Fatfrog wrote: »

They should. The man's legacy needs to be preserved.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Jesus, that’s sad. Far to young.

RIP good sir, will always remember the fun gigs put on in Crawdaddy / POD / Tripod and of course, Electric Picnic in the “good ol days” ;)

Would be nice, but doubtful. He took FR to court back when FR started to push him out of EP.

Yes to be fair I think buying him out was the right move EP was very close to collapse. I presume "Its just business" and hopefully they'll acknowledge him somehow.

What a morning to be stuck behind a RTC on the long mile road! Do these people not understand I need to get to WiFi and get Fleetwood Mac tickets?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Fatfrog wrote: »

They will in their ****

By which I mean Melvin Benn and him had a huge fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

New Specials* album on the way in February and a tour announcement next week.

Surely for all that is good in the world they will make an appearance in Stradbally next year.

*Terry, Horace and Lynval.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

wondering here has anyone done the glamping? rough prices and what are peoples views which one to go for etc?? appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭endainoz

Definitely a decent chance of seeing Weezer and the Offspring this year I think. Both in Europe doing shows in festivals later on in the summer. Would be two great sub headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

endainoz wrote: »
    Definitely a decent chance of seeing Weezer and the Offspring this year I think. Both in Europe doing shows in festivals later on in the summer. Would be two great sub headliners.

Parody we got parody

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

revoke12 wrote: »
    wondering here has anyone done the glamping? rough prices and what are peoples views which one to go for etc?? appreciated

I’ve done Podpads in the past and doing silk road this year. A must for campers of a certain age and well worth the cash. All in cost for EP is about €550 per person. (Including the EP ticket)
    On a lower budget (€150 less) you can go for pink moon which is just a pre-pitched tent in a quieter camp site but the more expensive options come with camp beds which are worth a lot.

• Advertisement

My cousin who played the electric Ireland throwback stage with Smash Hits this year just told me he forgot his guitar strap and asked Johnny Logan for a lend of one, he did but before he handed it over he asked my cousin “do you know who I am?” Of course my cousin replied no - because he genuinely didn’t, and Johnny was DISGUSTED hahahaha

Advertisement