Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

lbj666 wrote: »
    They will in their ****

By which I mean Melvin Benn and him had a huge fallout.

Yeah thought death might help overcome this :( , but complete silence on EP's Twitter page tells the story I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Yeah thought death might help overcome this :( , but complete silence on EP's Twitter page tells the story I think....

Tells the story of a complete lack of class on their part. How difficult is it to offer condolences?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Tells the story of a complete lack of class on their part. How difficult is it to offer condolences?!

Comms-wise this festival is in the dark ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Jesus christ trying to contact ticketbasterd is a nightmare. Asked them about 2 weeks ago if I needed to do anything to update my card details for the next instalment and they never answered. Now it's a panic to call them to update it and they're constantly engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

It’s a nightmare I’ve been trying a week solid. I’ve tweeted them and emailed to no avail. How can they have such bad customer service.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Jesus christ trying to contact ticketbasterd is a nightmare. Asked them about 2 weeks ago if I needed to do anything to update my card details for the next instalment and they never answered. Now it's a panic to call them to update it and they're constantly engaged.

• Advertisement

What happens if the payment fails?

The irony is I've had to change my card because of the Ticketbasterd security breach back in May or whenever it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Paddytee

Day 5 of trying to contact them. I've emailed, tweeted and called numerous times. Useless shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Memories of EP '18. Off to see The Murder Capital tonight. Happily have them back next year. Throw in Touts and Fontaines DC too. And local crew Oh Boland for good measure.

I'm in the same boat ref Ticketmaster. Tried and Tried, there isn't a phone queue, if too busy the phone auto hangs up. Eventually a very nice lady rang me back, got sorted. She said that up to 5000 people had to update their cards for EP instalment!! Slightly shocked by this.

I lost my card had to cancel, the expiry date was 11/2018, what do the bank of Ireland geniuses do... send me out a brand new card with an expiry date 11/2018. So that now means I'll get another new card at some point this month, I'll need to do the same for Dec, TM couldn't take two months worth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

I'm in the same boat ref Ticketmaster. Tried and Tried, there isn't a phone queue, if too busy the phone auto hangs up. Eventually a very nice lady rang me back, got sorted. She said that up to 5000 people had to update their cards for EP instalment!! Slightly shocked by this.

I lost my card had to cancel, the expiry date was 11/2018, what do the bank of Ireland geniuses do... send me out a brand new card with an expiry date 11/2018. So that now means I'll get another new card at some point this month, I'll need to do the same for Dec, TM couldn't take two months worth today.

They are a total nightmare to contact.
    But why don’t you login to your Ticketmaster account and just enter your new credit card number?
    It should be that simple.
    My card was also compromised by the ticket master hack. I updated my details and have had no problems and no need to try phone their customer service.

• Advertisement

They specifically said in the email they sent out at the start of the week that it will not update your order if you just update the details on their website. You HAVE TO call them. What madness.

I eventually got through but it is such a balls of a system. God love their poor phone operatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,723 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Memories of EP '18. Off to see The Murder Capital tonight. Happily have them back next year. Throw in Touts and Fontaines DC too. And local crew Oh Boland for good measure.

are they not playing in the Tivoli next month :eek:

Seathrun66 wrote: »

are they not playing in the Tivoli later this month :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

everlast75 wrote: »
    are they not playing in the Tivoli next month :eek:

Yeah, with Shame & Fontaines DC. Last night they were in Galway. Was saying I'd happily have all of the above back at EP.

Tried to get a ticket for the Tivoli gig. I posted on Toutless to see if there are any going spare, as it has sold out.

PS - if anyone on here has one, I'd gladly buy it off them for the face value plus the price of a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

They are a total nightmare to contact.
    But why don’t you login to your Ticketmaster account and just enter your new credit card number?
    It should be that simple.
    My card was also compromised by the ticket master hack. I updated my details and have had no problems and no need to try phone their customer service.
    They specifically said in the email they sent out at the start of the week that it will not update your order if you just update the details on their website. You HAVE TO call them. What madness.

I eventually got through but it is such a balls of a system. God love their poor phone operatives.

Doh!!!!!!
    Sorry I didn’t see that.
    Please feel free to continue with the TM bashing.

Muse have just announced a US/EU tour, no Irish date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

There's one of your Forbidden Fruit Headliners.

Yep say you hit the nail on the head there, would be a good headliner for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Yep say you hit the nail on the head there, would be a good headliner for them.

Reckon Hot chip too.

Perfect size headliner for another night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

given the size of FF headliners of recent years, I'd say Hot Chip are more likely to headline than the Chems tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

The 1975 seem pretty certain for Reading & Leeds headliners at this stage, so probably a decent chance that they're headlining EP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

The 1975 seem pretty certain for Reading & Leeds headliners at this stage, so probably a decent chance that they're headlining EP.

That will go down very well with about half the Picnic attendance and very badly with the other half, I'd imagine.

Their last show at EP - 2015? 2016? It all blurred into one for me now... - had a huge crowd so no doubt they'd do well with it.

Tame Impala should be back on the road and Foals confirmed last night that they are back in 2019. With one or other of those and (potentially) Hot Chip, it'd be like an old EP all over again. Just need to find room for James Murphy and Nile Rodgers somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I've avoided 1975's music up to now. Well, I'm familiar with their big radio song 'Chocolate' but they seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Have they improved or is it bland teenage stuff? Should I continue to avoid yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I've avoided 1975's music up to now. Well, I'm familiar with their big radio song 'Chocolate' but they seem to be getting bigger and bigger. Have they improved or is it bland teenage stuff? Should I continue to avoid yeah?

I wouldn't describe them as 'bland teenage stuff' but I would say, if you've heard 'Chocolate' and didn't like it, I wouldn't expect you to like too much of their other stuff. It hasn't been a huge sonic shift, exactly.

They've a few songs I like but I wouldn't be going out of my way to catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

They’re fûcking tragic to be fair. There’s talk of them being future glasto headliners. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I think they are an awful band .. but I really don't care if they headline EP 2019 as that will mean more room in the tents for <INSERT_NAME_OF_DECENT_ACT_FOR_US_MUSIC_SNOBS> and <INSERT_NAME_OF_DECENT_ACT_FOR_US_MUSIC_SNOBS>.

Worked well for the "Picture This" slot in 2018.

I wouldn't describe them as 'bland teenage stuff' but I would say, if you've heard 'Chocolate' and didn't like it, I wouldn't expect you to like too much of their other stuff. It hasn't been a huge sonic shift, exactly.

They've a few songs I like but I wouldn't be going out of my way to catch them.

Is this thread on board's working properly? Can't seem to get to the most recent post!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

Is this thread on board's working properly? Can't seem to get to the most recent post!!
    You are it! The most recent post! &#55357;&#56833;

Advertisement