Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

And now this post is the most recent. :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

And now this post is the most recent. :):D

You are right bodhrandude. It was the most recent! ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I liked this post better before it was the most recent

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I liked this post better before it was the most recent

I prefer his first post and other early stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Bruce2008 wrote: »
    You are it! The most recent post! ��

Aha that's better was getting 404 error, glad to see I've missed a huge amount of action

• Advertisement

Not long till this now, woo hoo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Bruce2008

I prefer his first post and other early stuff

Can ye grow up and stop posting just to be the last post ffs.
    Oh dear looks like mine is the last post. Woops ����

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Spice girls the latest rumour.... il be honest....I’d go along to for a gawk....

The Electric Picnic Ticnic's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Rfrip wrote: »
    Spice girls the latest rumour.... il be honest....I’d go along to for a gawk....

Three nights in the Ethiad, three nights in Wembley... I'd say they're nailed on for EP alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Three nights in the Ethiad, three nights in Wembley... I'd say they're nailed on for EP alright.

Mighty. The Sat night you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Mighty. The Sat night you reckon?

No Skeletor Spice, not really the Spice girls then, utter disgrace.

i'll be in my tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Memories of EP '18. Off to see The Murder Capital tonight. Happily have them back next year. Throw in Touts and Fontaines DC too. And local crew Oh Boland for good measure.
    everlast75 wrote: »
    are they not playing in the Tivoli next month :eek:
    Yeah, with Shame & Fontaines DC. Last night they were in Galway. Was saying I'd happily have all of the above back at EP.
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Tried to get a ticket for the Tivoli gig. I posted on Toutless to see if there are any going spare, as it has sold out.

PS - if anyone on here has one, I'd gladly buy it off them for the face value plus the price of a pint!

Yes indeed, I'm heading to the Tivoli myself. Great line-up altogether. Between the 3 of them, they should take the roof off.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, I'm heading to the Tivoli myself. Great line-up altogether. Between the 3 of them, they should take the roof off.

Best line-up of young acts I've seen all year. Have a great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Any idea will more EP tickets go on sale this side of Christmas or at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

I want to know the same answer to Robo's question. The past few years it's made best Crimbo Pressie for my nephew. I've got a festihut paid for - but no tickets yet. GULP

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kateee47298

This year was my first EP experience and it was amazing, I really enjoyed it! I really hope next year is just as good, I just needs to get my hands on a ticket. I do agree that it isn't the place to bring children though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Please take your sales to toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Memories of EP '18. Off to see The Murder Capital tonight. Happily have them back next year. Throw in Touts and Fontaines DC too. And local crew Oh Boland for good measure.

Saw The Murder Capital tonight supporting Slaves. Unbelievably brilliant!

So what festivals in Europe start announcing big bills, I know Primavera is usually either December or January, normally after a few of these announcements you can piece together certain acts touring schedules through the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

So what festivals in Europe start announcing big bills, I know Primavera is usually either December or January, normally after a few of these announcements you can piece together certain acts touring schedules through the summer.

Reading/leeds first announcement next week.

You can usually pull a headliner off that and some subs and smaller bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Mad Cool has announced a few; the national, the cure, bon iver, vampire weekend. seriously tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

The national would be great. I'd love if the Cure played again.
    I wouldn't be too pushed if Bon Iver played tbh. Saw them a few times, and while they're great indoors, I didn't think it translated well to an outdoor venue (saw them at FF).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

sweetie wrote: »
    Mad Cool has announced a few; the national, the cure, bon iver, vampire weekend. seriously tempted

That does sound great, but heard nothing but bad things about Mad Cool this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Firenze Rocks has announced Smashing Pumpkins and Tool. Don't think there's much crossover between FR and EP in terms of headline acts usually, though.

Pumpkins also expected to play Heartland in Denmark. Only negative there is that is the end of May. If they are touring Europe early summer, they may not still be going by September. But, there has also been plenty of bands who have stuck around for the full summer so wouldn't count them out by any stretch.

Primavera was January last year but had been before Christmas the year before I think. Anyway, among the rumoured acts there are New Order, Tame Impala, Foals and the Cure. Pumpkins also heavily rumoured there too.

Mad Cool has done quite a bit of announcing and is taking very indie swerve after a rock heavy line up last year. I'd certainly be happier with the 2019 acts but there's been some discontent on Facebook when they announce as people seemed to be hoping for something similar to this year.

Have it on my head that Weezer are playing BBK in Bilbao too. Bon Iver also confirmed for half a dozen festival slots too, including All Points East, Northside, Bergen Fest, NOS Alive. Think all of those take place between May and July.

Given the dates of what has been announced so far, I'd say any conclusions that can be made at present are tenuous. I'd be surprised if none of these acts showed up but would say they could easily show up elsewhere in Ireland at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

maximoose wrote:
    That does sound great, but heard nothing but bad things about Mad Cool this year

I'm already going back to primavera and EP so it's unlikely anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Glasto has announced Stormzy as the Friday headline

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

maximoose wrote: »

I loved it. The lineup was incredible and the facilities were decent. First day was a disaster though getting in. Fine apart from that. Easy to get food and booze and lots of toilets.

Wont be going next year though if The National and Bon Iver are the main acts. Fúck me. Couldn't think of anything worse.

Stillill42 wrote: »

Shame given album of the year by Rough Trade and all three of those artists will be playing much larger venues by the end of 2019. The Tivoli night could be the gig of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Can't wait for the Tivoli gig, it's the perfect venue for all three. Will be sad to see it go

Advertisement