Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Oh, and The Murder Capital are playing their own show in the Workmans on the 14th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Oh, and The Murder Capital are playing their own show in the Workmans on the 14th of December

Saw that. Fontaines DC have a sold-out gig in the Button Factory 21st of December. Both bands gigging like lunatics, building up a decent following now. Murder Capital at EP was the first time in a while I've been genuinely excited by a gig, as opposed to just enjoying it. Especially at Jerry Fish on the Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stillill42 wrote:
    Saw that. Fontaines DC have a sold-out gig in the Button Factory 21st of December. Both bands gigging like lunatics, building up a decent following now. Murder Capital at EP was the first time in a while I've been genuinely excited by a gig, as opposed to just enjoying it. Especially at Jerry Fish on the Saturday.

That was epic, I'll be seeing them for the fifth time on the 14th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stillill42 wrote: »

Had the exact same experience at knockanstockan. Have been telling anyone who'll listen about them ever since.

Incredible, genuine energy. Chaos.

Tickets bought for the workman's, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

They're not on Spotify though, annoyingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sj_jj

Does anyone know when more tickets for EP go on sale? As far as I know a handful of reduced price went on sale in early sept. Will there be anymore ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Well we can rule out the spice girls anyway

"Zig-a-zig-ah"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Rfrip wrote: »
    Well we can rule out the spice girls anyway

"Zig-a-zig-ah"

Were they ever in the running for EP ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, I'm heading to the Tivoli myself. Great line-up altogether. Between the 3 of them, they should take the roof off.

That should save a few quid so.

Am also going to this .. really looking forward to it. I missed Murder Capital (twice) at EP this year. Delighted to get the chance to see all three on the same night.

Stranger things have happened :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

They would have been perfect for the Electric Ireland Throwback Stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

nc6000 wrote: »
    They would have been perfect for the Electric Ireland Throwback Stage.

I think a group that expects to sell out croke park (and no doubt they will) might be a little big for that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

sweetie wrote: »
    Mad Cool has announced a few; the national, the cure, bon iver, vampire weekend. seriously tempted

did you go last year?

No way on earth would I even contemplate going back to that festival, a complete mess.

Mad Cool has announced a few; the national, the cure, bon iver, vampire weekend. seriously tempted

no way on earth would I consider going back to mad cool - a complete mess of a festival. don't do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    no way on earth would I consider going back to mad cool - a complete mess of a festival. don't do it!

Going to it this year. Can't wait. Best soundsystem and screens from what I've heard.

Sure they had mistakes in their first year in a new area. But I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes and it'll be a great weekend.

Going to it this year. Can't wait. Best soundsystem and screens from what I've heard.

Sure they had mistakes in their first year in a new area. But I'm sure they'll learn from their mistakes and it'll be a great weekend.

yeah the technical set up was great. the VIP thing was nonsense. They had a 3 story tall sound desk bang in front of the stage where the vips could watch from the raised platforms, they also segregated the crowd at the front into vip and non vip. Commercial gik everywhere. No proper bar queues. No free water. Little staff and little security. €10 beers. Way too packed for the size of the site.

I hope it is a lot better. I don't have high hopes from a crowd who let a band play right after a man fell to his death in front of the main stage audience. They also opted not to tell the band this had happened (green day)

to be fair, you could have a great time if the niggles didn't get on top of you.

I was just so shocked last year it ruined my buzz for the first day. Afterward my expectations were lowered so just got on with the it.. the line up was amazing and they covered the entire festival site in fake grass which was weird but great as you could sit down anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The €9 beers were nearly a litre FFS, cmon.

yeah the technical set up was great. the VIP thing was nonsense. They had a 3 story tall sound desk bang in front of the stage where the vips could watch from the raised platforms, they also segregated the crowd at the front into vip and non vip. Commercial gik everywhere. No proper bar queues. No free water. Little staff and little security. €10 beers. Way too packed for the size of the site.

I hope it is a lot better. I don't have high hopes from a crowd who let a band play right after a man fell to his death in front of the main stage audience. They also opted not to tell the band this had happened (green day)

to be fair, you could have a great time if the niggles didn't get on top of you.

I was just so shocked last year it ruined my buzz for the first day. Afterward my expectations were lowered so just got on with the it.. the line up was amazing and they covered the entire festival site in fake grass which was weird but great as you could sit down anywhere.

With me; as long as I have a beer, semi nice weather and great soundsystems and great bands i'm really happy.

While I understand people were saddened about the Green Day death debacle it was purely from a Health & Safety Standpoint.

You have to remember alot of people may have bought tickets specifically for Green Day and could have reacted badly in large amounts and differing levels of intoxication as it was later in the day.

For example see last year when Massive Attack didn't play there was a fair bit of Anti Social goings on.

But I know what you mean... first impressions mean alot and your first day was pretty bad and sets the tone for the rest of the weekend.

I read that many people thought similarly.

And yes I hope they sort out the VIP thing.

Wooderson wrote: »
    The €9 beers were nearly a litre FFS, cmon.

I had sweated out that much fluid by the time I got my hands on one and it was luke warm by the time I'd finished it!

wouldn't have minded at all if it hadn't taken 45 minutes to get one on the first day.

anyway moan fest over and out - I do hope it improves, everyone deserved better

With me; as long as I have a beer, semi nice weather and great soundsystems and great bands i'm really happy.

it's the simple stuff right? I felt a lot of the simple stuff did not go right

I was scared ****less when the crowd rushed through a tunnel to get through the entrance - couldn't help think about what happened at the last love parade

agreed re green day - what could they do? I think they should have given the band a choice - even the choice to mark what had just happened and play the gig.

anyhow - after all my drunken on-site messenger rants to the festival they actually replied last week and said they're will be a lot of improvements.

fingers crossed for all

• Advertisement

it's the simple stuff right? I felt a lot of the simple stuff did not go right

I was scared ****less when the crowd rushed through a tunnel to get through the entrance - couldn't help think about what happened at the last love parade

agreed re green day - what could they do? I think they should have given the band a choice - even the choice to mark what had just happened and play the gig.

anyhow - after all my drunken on-site messenger rants to the festival they actually replied last week and said they're will be a lot of improvements.

fingers crossed for all

I created a mad cool thread in case anyone wants to migrate.

Can't wait to hear the improvement. I hope the capacity shrinks a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I think a group that expects to sell out croke park (and no doubt they will) might be a little big for that stage.

I was joking. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Emphasis on the word “expects”, I really hope they go down in utter flames like the cash grabbing vacuous talentless harpies* that they are.

(* Cept sporty, she makes a little bell ring in my hairy bag of magic).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Won 2 tickets for Colombia Mills on 8radio.com last night. Great to have a gig I wasn't expecting to be at. Highly recommend 8radio great station and largely the crew from phantom. On fm in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick at the weekend for next few weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

A few friends went to Mad Cool this year and said it was an utter shambles, seriously badly organised and in stifling heat, the last thing you want is huge queues for buses, taxis, water etc... They said they had food stalls that only sold food, drinks stalls were separate and a good walk from the food. Noise bleed was horrific. Maybe it'll improve as it's only a young'un but based on that I'd avoid at all costs. Rock Werchter was a wonderfully ran and amazingly safe option. 10/10 would return next year if the line up wasn't dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

A few friends went to Mad Cool this year and said it was an utter shambles, seriously badly organised and in stifling heat, the last thing you want is huge queues for buses, taxis, water etc... They said they had food stalls that only sold food, drinks stalls were separate and a good walk from the food. Noise bleed was horrific. Maybe it'll improve as it's only a young'un but based on that I'd avoid at all costs. Rock Werchter was a wonderfully ran and amazingly safe option. 10/10 would return next year if the line up wasn't dirt.

Yer mates don't sound like they were at the same fest as me for 3 days, funny that.

- Heat was to be expected for peak summer in Madrid. After 8pm it was balmy, perfect weather.
    - Getting in and out was no different to any other festival. Plan accordingly.
    - Food and drink was separate as per the vast vast majority of fests
    - There was 5 seconds walk between bars and food stalls

- Noise bleed was no worse than EP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wooderson wrote: »

- Noise bleed was no worse than EP

Didn't Massive Attack refuse to perform because of it?

There were clearly a lot of issues last year, it was widely reported.

Mad Cool festival chaos: What went wrong?

maximoose wrote: »
    Didn't Massive Attack refuse to perform because of it?

There were clearly a lot of issues last year, it was widely reported.

Mad Cool festival chaos: What went wrong?

No,

They didn't play because they had 'in ear monitors' issues as reported by Massive Attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

I have a couple of friends who had a very bad experience at it too - queueing for hours with no access to water or toilets according to them.

• Advertisement

Mother djs are coming to cork on 7th dec!
    Be rude of me not to go!

Advertisement