Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Rfrip wrote: »
    Mother djs are coming to cork on 7th dec!
    Be rude of me not to go!
    They tour? Didn't realise that. They were great at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

patch wrote: »
    They tour? Didn't realise that. They were great at EP.

Played in Galway the evening before the Pride parade here. I think they just do the odd gig out of Dublin.

No,

They didn't play because they had 'in ear monitors' issues as reported by Massive Attack.

Billboard, NME, Mixmag and others reported it as being due to noise bleed, primarily from where Franz Ferdinand were playing. Apparently the organisers eventually offered to clear all other stages but MA had had enough at that stage and left. Not heard about an ear monitor problem but that could be a technical legal loophole to avoid getting sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Billboard, NME, Mixmag and others reported it as being due to noise bleed, primarily from where Franz Ferdinand were playing. Apparently the organisers eventually offered to clear all other stages but MA had had enough at that stage and left. Not heard about an ear monitor problem but that could be a technical legal loophole to avoid getting sued.

They mentioned this in an Instagram post in response to the backlash.

They mentioned this in an Instagram post in response to the backlash.

The ear monitors were unworkable due to the noise bleed as per the organisers press release after. They offered to take all other acts off but this was insufficient for MA. Poor organisation by the festival but pretty churlish of MA after Mad Cool had done everything to rectify it. Posters here were worried the same could happen at EP. Happily it didn't:

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/news/mad-cool-massive-attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The annoying thing with Massive Attack now is they decided to tour the Mezzanine album next year with Liz Fraser but not this year at EP although I did enjoy their show but it would have been so much better with her in tow.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The annoying thing with Massive Attack now is they decided to tour the Mezzanine album next year with Liz Fraser but not this year at EP although I did enjoy their show but it would have been so much better with her in tow.

Just a case of bad timing for us BD. Thought they were excellent at EP but the Mezzanine shows will be a step up. Just a pity it's not a Summer outdoor show though I'd expect them to do Glasto and may return here for ATN (if it proceeds) or a standalone gig.

The ear monitors were unworkable due to the noise bleed as per the organisers press release after. They offered to take all other acts off but this was insufficient for MA. Poor organisation by the festival but pretty churlish of MA after Mad Cool had done everything to rectify it. Posters here were worried the same could happen at EP. Happily it didn't:

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/news/mad-cool-massive-attack

I'm now more informed. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Have a pre-sale code for Foo Fighters pre-sale tomorrow morning at 10 if anyone’s interested

The Good, The Bad and the Queen album is very good on first listen. If they're doing festivals in the late summer then a very good chance of them returning to EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Good, The Bad and the Queen album is very good on first listen. If they're doing festivals in the late summer then a very good chance of them returning to EP.

Was it ten years ago they last played or was it 2007?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

2008 yep

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Have a pre-sale code for Foo Fighters pre-sale tomorrow morning at 10 if anyone’s interested

Please?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Would be very much appreciated if you don’t mind!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Actually just got tickets there.

Foos twitter account has a code and link for Artist Pre-Sale

Well the reading and Leeds headline is out.

Twenty one pilots
    Foo fighters
    The 1975
    Post malone.

I'd say we're getting 1975 and Post Malone.

Pretty Meh.

Annie mac is unveiling some of the undercard at 7. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

thankfully we haven't got much of the R&L lineup in recent years (and unfortunately didn't get much of it back when it was good), but I'd imagine The 1975 have to be favourites to headline EP now.

thankfully we haven't got much of the R&L lineup in recent years (and unfortunately didn't get much of it back when it was good), but I'd imagine The 1975 have to be favourites to headline EP now.

I don't really have a point of reference but if they were to headline lets say a friday or saturday main stage would there be a big crowd watching them. (1975)

I'm not too worried, just means I get to hang out in the electric arena nice and dry.

I get a bit saddened when I see bands I don't want to be headlining but then I know it'll attract most of the crowd away from me and the Electric Arena.

Which is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Yungblud?

Is it wrong to pre-judge a band you've never heard by the spelling of their name? Judging real hard on this right now.

• Advertisement

2007. In the Electric Arena I think. Missed them because of a clash but had seen them twice before and both times impressive.

Wow. That is impressively bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bowling for Soup! Jesus haha :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

maximoose wrote: »
    Bowling for Soup! Jesus haha :pac:

From the looks of them, they might be better off bowling for salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

2007. In the Electric Arena I think. Missed them because of a clash but had seen them twice before and both times impressive.

Soz you’re spot on. 2007 was a top year. Beasties x2 the highlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Wooderson wrote: »

Didnt 1975 play Friday night Main Stage in 2016? Drew a good crowd if I remember

Reckon they are a shoe in for Saturday next year.
    Post Malone on Friday with Hozier on Sunday.

Wooderson wrote: »

Amazing line-up in retrospect. Several bands we'll never see again (Stooges, Beasties, Sonic Youth) plus LCD, Bjork, Jesus & Mary Chain, etc. We really did get spoiled in those early years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

thebusher wrote: »
    Didnt 1975 play Friday night Main Stage in 2016? Drew a good crowd if I remember

Reckon they are a shoe in for Saturday next year.
    Post Malone on Friday with Hozier on Sunday.

Ya your right..clashed with Jenny greene and Todd terje!

I was at Todd!

Edit: no I’m wrong...never mind I’m crap at this

Feedback please on the Tivoli gig from those who are there tonight. I reckon we'll be seeing at least two of those acts back at EP next year. And often over the following years. Enjoy it guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Feedback please on the Tivoli gig from those who are there tonight. I reckon we'll be seeing at least two of those acts back at EP next year. And often over the following years. Enjoy it guys.

Just back. Great night. Some energy in the room. Murder Capital we're brilliant again but suffered a little maybe from being on first, crowd not really warmed up but Fontaines and Shame had the place hopping. I stayed well back, nobody wants to see a 47 year old crowd-surfing, but most of the floor were moshing by the end. Shout out to the base players, the Shame guy must be bollixed after that performance. I'm putting in a request for a post punk tent at Stradbally next year. Who's with me?

Advertisement