Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

No, they're not. They were quoting from an interview.

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/1975-brief-inquiry-online-relationships-review

Read it yourself.

Clue is in the headline at the top of the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

S/N ratio on this thread is rapidly heading in a direction that is not desirable.

The National have been confirmed with Paredes de coura (portugal) 14-17 august

They're playing Manchester 10th July

Mad Cool 11-13 July.

Have to imagine they'll either be at All together now or EP.

Is the festival Sounds from a safe harbour still happening this year?

Doves are reuniting and are listed as a bookable band in 2019 according to editor of Efests.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Mad Cool 11-13 July.

I had a dream the other night that The National were playing at EP, I would be happy with them as a headliner at either EP or ATN. You'd have to think The 1975 are looking likely to play as well which I wouldn't be as happy about. Hard to guess any other names this far out though.

• Advertisement

I had a dream the other night that The National were playing at EP, I would be happy with them as a headliner at either EP or ATN. You'd have to think The 1975 are looking likely to play as well which I wouldn't be as happy about. Hard to guess any other names this far out though.

If I had to guess

Muse, The 1975 (friday)

Bon Iver, The National, Underworld (Sat)

Post Malone, Mumford & Sons/(or Florence), Kodaline (Sun)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Mad Cool 11-13 July.

Sounds from a Safe Harbour will happen in September 2019.

Not sure whether the National will be on the bill - they mixed things up a bit this year with Haven, Eax Claires, PEOPLE, which are the other fests they are involved in. The Dessners played as part of classical and collaborative projects, with different rock/pop headliners like Arcade Fire, Kamasi Washington, etc playing.

Whether that will have any bearing on SFASH or not is impossible to say at this stage but given that it was the National and Bon Iver playing last time, I'd say it will be different next time.

Given their European dates throughout the summer, I'd be stunned if the National weren't in Ireland in some shape or other.

Sounds from a Safe Harbour will happen in September 2019.

Not sure whether the National will be on the bill - they mixed things up a bit this year with Haven, Eax Claires, PEOPLE, which are the other fests they are involved in. The Dessners played as part of classical and collaborative projects, with different rock/pop headliners like Arcade Fire, Kamasi Washington, etc playing.

Whether that will have any bearing on SFASH or not is impossible to say at this stage but given that it was the National and Bon Iver playing last time, I'd say it will be different next time.

Given their European dates throughout the summer, I'd be stunned if the National weren't in Ireland in some shape or other.

Cool

I would hazard a guess at Bon Iver/National @EP

Big Red Machine @ Sounds from a safe harbour. That is; if they're planning on playing this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Cool

I would hazard a guess at Bon Iver/National @EP

Big Red Machine @ Sounds from a safe harbour. That is; if they're planning on playing this year.

I'd believe it.

I actually think Bon Iver are slightly less likely as they will be touring in Europe from May, so I could see a gig taking place in Ireland earlier in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them stick around for the whole summer too really.

I'd believe it.

I actually think Bon Iver are slightly less likely as they will be touring in Europe from May, so I could see a gig taking place in Ireland earlier in the summer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them stick around for the whole summer too really.

Really hoping for new material from both.

Sleep well beast and 22 a million have been played out the past 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Doves are reuniting and are listed as a bookable band in 2019 according to editor of Efests.

wat

wat

Dat boi

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

Does the extra 5000 people @ €250 each mean that there will be:

1 a new tent stage
    2 the same stages as before but more money spent on tier 1 headliners
    3 no change to ep except more profit for the organizers (and longer queues almost everywhere)

I know that nobody knows but what do you think?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Putting it out now... Joji for a undercard spot

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Trying to find out more info on this . Can someone please post a link or something please . Absolutely love Doves .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Spreece wrote: »
    Does the extra 5000 people @ €250 each mean that there will be:

1 a new tent stage
    2 the same stages as before but more money spent on tier 1 headliners
    3 no change to ep except more profit for the organizers (and longer queues almost everywhere)

I know that nobody knows but what do you think?

I think they’ll need a new stage outside the main arena, a new use for Trenchtown would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think there's enough stages, but they should keep the main arena open longer / late into the night (morning?).

Electric Arena / Little Big Tent playing till 5am would be a treat.

Couldn't agree more; plenty of tents, stages and areas for acts to continue on and spread out enough for all to enjoy. It would also keep some of the more energetic Picnicers out of the campsites during the early hours.

The Rave in the Woods has been rammed the last few years partly owing to its reduced size. They closed it early on Friday night this year too, methinks for crowd control.

I agree with Trenchtown being reduced in size or replaced with something different: it was sparsely populated whenever I passed through it.

exilec wrote: »
    Trying to find out more info on this . Can someone please post a link or something please . Absolutely love Doves .
    Thanks

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/222918-all-points-east-festival-2019/?page=32

About halfway down the page

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    I think there's enough stages, but they should keep the main arena open longer / late into the night (morning?).

Electric Arena / Little Big Tent playing till 5am would be a treat.

Yea i wish they would keep the Silent Disco open later

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Trenchtown ... no need for words

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

dirty little neutronyx psy trance stage that's not on any map in the wood would be class.

The Hives are touring next summer. Not that they interest me personally but might make the bill..

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

A bigger Other Voices presence would be nice. The current setup is constantly rammed and impossible to get near.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

BigMo1 wrote: »
    A bigger Other Voices presence would be nice. The current setup is constantly rammed and impossible to get near.

I'd say that structure will remain as unlikely to build a new one. But a screen outside with a larger space would be very welcome.

I've also managed to get to see acts I wanted to there by going 30 mins early, not always doable I know and probably even longer for Le Galaxie, Booka Brass and surprise guests.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd say that structure will remain as unlikely to build a new one. But a screen outside with a larger space would be very welcome.

I've also managed to get to see acts I wanted to there by going 30 mins early, not always doable I know and probably even longer for Le Galaxie, Booka Brass and surprise guests.

I'd like a small indoor auditorim style venue for acoustic acts called (inside voice)

And then a larger outdoor stage for non acoustic acts (outside voice)

Then they could keep the mock chapel for the big performances e.g Sigrid/Elbow etc with an organised onsite queue/ticketing system.

They could call this combined stage area (Other Voices)

Yeah a couple of good ideas here, Trenchtown is definitely the least well used space of the whole festival site as it is rarely busy and takes up a lot of space in a good location, but it has been there for years and is basically a pathway through it so would have to be careful with what you put there. Not saying to get rid of Trenchtown altogether but it doesn't justify such a big space. I've always wondered as well why they don't have a silent disco going into the early hours at every festival, no noise so why not give the people who want to go all night somewhere to go?

Would be good if some of the tents opened later too but I do like at night when the arena is a bit quieter after the main stages all close. I'd be surprised if we saw any brand new stages or areas this year (that weren't sh*te like E-Lites or Bold Motel), but hopefully a couple of new ideas or expansion of existing areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Yea, they should move Trenchtown up around where the Hazelwood and Artlot are, and better utilise the spot where Trenchtown currently is.

Another 5000 punters will be very noticable on top of an already cramped festival, so i do think they need to spread the crowd better, and a new stage / area at Trenchtown would do that perfectly.

I like Trenchtown. I go there, but it's only ever for a half an hour or hour max.

How about just filling out the Friday night to be a full proper festival night, like it was back when EP wasn't struggling to sell out ... /s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

For anyone asking, Tickets on sale this Monday at 9 am.

Heard an ad on the radio this AM

For anyone asking, Tickets on sale this Monday at 9 am.

Heard an ad on the radio this AM

Yep, you are correct: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/final-tickets-electric-picnic-2019-sale-next-monday

"All remaining Electric Picnic tickets will go on sale at 9am, Monday, 3rd December."

Is it going to sell out on Monday :eek:

• Advertisement

Yep, you are correct: https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/final-tickets-electric-picnic-2019-sale-next-monday

"All remaining Electric Picnic tickets will go on sale at 9am, Monday, 3rd December."

Is it going to sell out on Monday :eek:

Maybe not by Monday, but I would say certainly before Christmas. Hard to believe that a large festival would sell out months before even one act is announced.

Is EP really that good?

Advertisement