Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭declanleo

Maybe not by Monday, but I would say certainly before Christmas. Hard to believe that a large festival would sell out months before even one act is announced.

Is EP really that good?

Is there a presale?I'm thinking of trying for Sunday tickets as the full weekend is unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

3 days notice just b4 Christmas for the remaining tickets is bit crappy. Especially when they’ve never done that b4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Maybe not by Monday, but I would say certainly before Christmas. Hard to believe that a large festival would sell out months before even one act is announced.

Is EP really that good?

Of course not but we all know how popular it is. I'd be stunned if these last more than a few days.

Did this year sell out before the announcement or after? I can't recall.
    declanleo wrote: »
    Is there a presale?I'm thinking of trying for Sunday tickets as the full weekend is unlikely

No mention of a presale in the press releases doing the rounds as far as I've seen. Be a bit of a **** show if there was given that this is the second batch of tickets to go on sale and the loyalty options have already been trotted out (plus there'll probably be the usual dump of Three customer tickets close to the event) so leaving a presale batch aside too would really reduce the numbers available in the general sale.
    davywalsh7 wrote: »
    3 days notice just b4 Christmas for the remaining tickets is bit crappy. Especially when they’ve never done that b4

'Bit crappy' sums up the general approach of all of these major events towards fans as far as I can see. Given that demand is up, disposable income is up and more and more events seem to be selling out further and further in advance, there seems to be way less of an interest in loyalty schemes and customer care. This isn't just an Electric Picnic thing either but totally across the board. People are more and more into events and experiences and gigs are about as good as it gets for many people.

--

Anyway, I think this is on course for a pre-Christmas sell out and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if all tickets were gone on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I think there's a good chance it could sell out before xmas. The loyalty schemes etc were necessary during the recession to keep attendance up, it's hardly surprising to see them being cut back now. Although I'm not better off now than I was a few years ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

I've never been to the EP before. Seems to have gotten very mainstream the past year. Be interesting to see what acts will play in 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

This will sell out on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

This will sell out on Monday.

I agree, gone in a couple of hours. Everybody wants to go this year for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

100% they'll be gone. I'm sad to not go next year but I'm working on either somewhere here or abroad. Couldn't accept them not giving me my loyalty code despite me contacting before to say to make sure not to leave me off it.

I'd say it'll look a lot more like reading and Leeds with 1975, post malone, twenty one pilots or at least 1 or 2 of those three. Then the Chemical Brothers/big dance act and if you guys are really lucky Mr ned sheeran who is doing festivals all next year.

Waiting on all the bank holiday festival announcements before deciding. Biffy Clyro down in Cork is a pain would of preferred them for a Dublin gig but we can't have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

They’re going to fly, this is the last batch they’re putting out so they can beat the VAT increase so no March release like there usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Does the batch of tickets on sale next Monday include the Sunday tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Does the batch of tickets on sale next Monday include the Sunday tickets?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I've never been to the EP before. Seems to have gotten very mainstream the past year. Be interesting to see what acts will play in 2019
    Popular misconception, Noel. Lot's of diversity, something for every palate.
    kg703 wrote: »
    100% they'll be gone. I'm sad to not go next year but I'm working on either somewhere here or abroad. Couldn't accept them not giving me my loyalty code despite me contacting before to say to make sure not to leave me off it.

I'd say it'll look a lot more like reading and Leeds with 1975, post malone, twenty one pilots or at least 1 or 2 of those three. Then the Chemical Brothers/big dance act and if you guys are really lucky Mr ned sheeran who is doing festivals all next year.

Waiting on all the bank holiday festival announcements before deciding. Biffy Clyro down in Cork is a pain would of preferred them for a Dublin gig but we can't have everything.
    I'm surprised at you, Kg. I'm going to put that down to your natural disappointment with not being present. Reading indeed. Have you seen the state of the Reading line-up thus far? You know how little the headliners mean in the grand scheme of things. It'll be magnificent and you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Wonder will we get a little tease of an announcement tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Poorside wrote: »
    Wonder will we get a little tease of an announcement tomorrow?

Doubtful - presser for ticket announcement said that the "Full line-up will be revealed in the New Year."

They could always surprise us - but I wouldn't expect it really.

Doubtful - presser for ticket announcement said that the "Full line-up will be revealed in the New Year."

They could always surprise us - but I wouldn't expect it really.

'In the New Year....'
    Thanks lads. They might as well say 'In the future...' Or 'In the fullness of time....'

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

I wonder if the earlier ticket sales/short notice is a slight panic over brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I wonder if the earlier ticket sales/short notice is a slight panic over brexit.

9% VAT V 23% in January

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

blackwhite wrote: »
    9% VAT V 23% in January

Wow that's a hefty increase, poor Melvin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

As much as I love EP, if the lineup is weak this will be my last one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

blackwhite wrote: »
    9% VAT V 23% in January

It will revert to 13.5%, not 23%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Was hoping they would have tickets on sale next year , looks like no EP for me next year. Im kinda ok with it at the moment since im so broke (the joys of going back to college) and cant afford a ticket + Boutique camping since i can never go back to normal camping after this year:pac::pac::pac: .

Yea this will sell out fairly quick on monday. I can see Post Malone/Hozier/1975 as headliners , through in Kodaline somewhere too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Was hoping they would have tickets on sale next year , looks like no EP for me next year. Im kinda ok with it at the moment since im so broke (the joys of going back to college) and cant afford a ticket + Boutique camping since i can never go back to normal camping after this year:pac::pac::pac: .

Yea this will sell out fairly quick on monday. I can see Post Malone/Hozier/1975 as headliners , through in Kodaline somewhere too

Undoubtedly one or two of those but they will be balanced out by others more appetising to the indie or dance crews. As Stillill42 has said there'll again be a huge mix of acts and something for everyone. This is not Reading/Leeds where the demographic is greatly comprised of kids after getting their A level results or barely into their twenties. EP will again offer more than any other festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

I think you should set up a gofundme page. You would raise the €500 in two hours. Such a noble cause.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Spreece wrote: »
    I think you should set up a gofundme page. You would raise the €500 in two hours. Such a noble cause.

Id nearly give a go tbh

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Id nearly give a go tbh

You could do a rewards thing. Like putting up someones tent or lugging their cans in from the car!

Actually, that sounds like a bit of craic!

You could do a rewards thing. Like putting up someones tent or lugging their cans in from the car!

Actually, that sounds like a bit of craic!

This has legs. Put me down for 20 if you heckle Gavin James.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Synode wrote: »
    It will revert to 13.5%, not 23%

Brain fart there. :D

For some reason I thought events like EP fell into the full VAT rate instead of the reduced rate. Some accountant I am :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Spreece wrote: »

Waste of time, just do it the old fashioned way and go on the game.

Work from home and easy on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Defo sell out Monday. Agree with earlier posts while definitely a bit more mainstream acts always plenty of choice and as stated in earlier post 2018 really enjoyable. Just back from Columbia Mills in Whelans they were brilliant and new music sounds good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

This is nothing more than getting the jump on ATN regarding ticket sales and cash in the bank.

Dont expect any earlier announcements about the line up.

Advertisement