Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Synode wrote: »
    Radio reporting they sold out in 15 minutes. Ridiculous considering not a single act announced. FR now have very little motivation to ensure the lineup is top notch

While there is some sense in your point I presume the bigger acts are sorted already so could be lower (better tier) that could suffer but in fairness to ep no evidence of this in recent years.

I will be 47 when attending next year, had a ball this year.

If i get too old for it then shoot me.

Ditto. Every year I look for someone that looks older than me to justify to the family I am not too old to keep going.

thebusher wrote: »
    50 next year. Tickets got as well as tickets for our first ever Glastonbury.

Age only a number!

Good man thebusher hope I run into you again next year. You can be my proof to missus I am not too old

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭haitens

Not going next year (had a great time this year) just fancy a change. Can't believe it sold out so quickly. Next step could be to do away with loyalty tickets, they dont need to do it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

thebusher wrote: »
    50 next year. Tickets got as well as tickets for our first ever Glastonbury.

Age only a number!

That's what I tell my body on Monday mornings after festivals. The body doesn't listen.

Turned 54 last week. First festival was Lisdoonvarna 1981. Took a bit of a hiatus in my late 20s to early 30s. Been back into it for the last 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Mr.S wrote: »
    Agree to a certain extent, it doesn't put much faith in you that the bookers will put out an amazing lineup. You'd like to think they will, though. And IMO last years lineup was pretty decent.

When they offer early bird tickets as cheap as €165 with instalment plans, it's no wonder it sells out quickly - people just buy tickets knowing they can just sell them on again if the lineup isn't to their taste.

EP will lose massive amounts of customers with this early sell-out model, it obviously won't hurt them but the likes of Indie, Sea Sessions, B&S, ATN will reap the benefits.

They've been moving towards this for a couple of years now and demand is going up, not down. This is the first year it's been officially sold out prior to the first act but the vast majority were released and sold with no acts in previous years.

At the same time, the number of early bird ticket seems to have dropped, so they're selling more tickets at a higher price and still doing well.

As for the other festivals reaping the benefits, I don't see it really. None of them (apart from ATN maybe) have lineups that are remotely in the same league as EP.

Maybe this will put people off at some point but there's no evidence of it yet. I don't like it myself but they're in the business of selling tickets and fair play they're doing it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Reckon The 1975 and Florence are a shoe in this year

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Seathrun66 wrote: »

It's like a Men's Shed in here. We should get a speaker in on how to turn your castaway milk cartons into a handy pipe holder. Or something. I'm 48. Go on the oul lads.

I'm a GIRL - so I think I'll avoid the Men's Shed :D But I'll be sympathetic to your dangling if you remember I'm hot stuff for a reason - MENOPAUSAL MAYHEM :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Judes wrote: »
    Stillill42 wrote: »

I'm a GIRL - so I think I'll avoid the Men's Shed :D But I'll be sympathetic to your dangling if you remember I'm hot stuff for a reason - MENOPAUSAL MAYHEM :P

Fair play, Judes. Let's just call it a shed then, eh? It's a broad and welcoming church. Last year, if I'm not mistaken, there was even a general agreement that teenagers were alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Reckon The 1975 and Florence are a shoe in this year

You could be right. The 1975 for sure. I'm not optimistic about headliners for 2019 and just hoping for one goodie out of three. But what great acts are likely to be doing fests in late summer and haven't already scheduled Irish dates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Spaceshanty

Didn’t try for a ticket this year having missed just two since it started, 1 while I was in Oz traveling in 07 and 1 getting married in ‘14. Big fan of the festival over the years but it’s had its day (for me) and it’s time to try something else.

ATN and Mad Cool (again) for me , plus individual gigs such as New Order , NGHFB with Doves etc.

EP’s dead, long live EP 😊ðŸ‘

Didn’t try for a ticket this year having missed just two since it started, 1 while I was in Oz traveling in 07 and 1 getting married in ‘14. Big fan of the festival over the years but it’s had its day (for me) and it’s time to try something else.

ATN and Mad Cool (again) for me , plus individual gigs such as New Order , NGHFB with Doves etc.

EP’s dead, long live EP ��ðŸ‘

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated - EP/Twain

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

You could be right. The 1975 for sure. I'm not optimistic about headliners for 2019 and just hoping for one goodie out of three. But what great acts are likely to be doing fests in late summer and haven't already scheduled Irish dates?

The National 🀞

Spreece wrote: »
    The National ��

Yep. Got to be in the running. Plus returns for Arcade Fire or LCD.

The less acts we get from Reading the happier I'll be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any of the National, LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire would be welcome at the top of the bill for me but it would seem a little samey. All play here quite often. I know it's been a few years since any of them were at Electric Picnic but we don't have to wait too long for them to show up in the live circuit here at any stage.

But, that's how it goes when gigging is the only way for bands to make money and when Irish people absolutely love concerts so they keep selling well. While I'd love to see some new and interesting names (or even less frequent visitors) in the headline slots, I'm struggling to think of any specifics!!

I'd have thought Christine & the Queens was a decent shout for a good spot but given that they've been confirmed for All Points East in May, I'm thinking that Forbidden Fruit might be more likely? Though after the last minute cancellation last week, I wonder how that would go down.

And, speaking of last minute cancellations, Phoenix owe us another show after cancelling the Olympia this year.

Can we please have The Skids next Summer?

Any of the National, LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire would be welcome at the top of the bill for me but it would seem a little samey. All play here quite often. I know it's been a few years since any of them were at Electric Picnic but we don't have to wait too long for them to show up in the live circuit here at any stage.

But, that's how it goes when gigging is the only way for bands to make money and when Irish people absolutely love concerts so they keep selling well. While I'd love to see some new and interesting names (or even less frequent visitors) in the headline slots, I'm struggling to think of any specifics!!

I'd have thought Christine & the Queens was a decent shout for a good spot but given that they've been confirmed for All Points East in May, I'm thinking that Forbidden Fruit might be more likely? Though after the last minute cancellation last week, I wonder how that would go down.

And, speaking of last minute cancellations, Phoenix owe us another show after cancelling the Olympia this year.

Also struggling here. Tame Impala & Vampire Weekend are close to headliner status. Been a while since Foals played and The Strokes are overdue an appearance but wracking my brains and few other names come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yep. Got to be in the running. Plus returns for Arcade Fire or LCD.

The less acts we get from Reading the happier I'll be.

I think the National might play Sounds from a Safe Harbour festival in Cork in September so dunno the chances of them playing both but who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 huneybunny

Hey, when do you guys think the extra tickets will be available from Three? I missed out on a ticket on Monday, they sold out so fast

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

huneybunny wrote: »
    Hey, when do you guys think the extra tickets will be available from Three? I missed out on a ticket on Monday, they sold out so fast

Usually the Three sale happens in June or July?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Don't panic, even if you don't get a three ticket, keep checking toutless and here in the run up, tickets will be doing the rounds.

And what ever you do, don't pay above face value

Don't panic, even if you don't get a three ticket, keep checking toutless and here in the run up, tickets will be doing the rounds.

And what ever you do, don't pay above face value

Thanks, I'm just a bit nervous about buying buying tickets from any of the resale sites after the whole thing with fake tickets last year 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Thanks, I'm just a bit nervous about buying buying tickets from any of the resale sites after the whole thing with fake tickets last year ��

It was worse down the village, lads selling the year before wristbands, seen a few get scammed and warned a few.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a campervan pass, know they'll probably pop up but wouldn't mind having one secured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Here is a spanner on the works.

The 1975"s new album is getting amazingly good reviews. I haven't given it a spin myself as it is likely to ruin my recommendations from Google Play. But who knew?

It was worse down the village, lads selling the year before wristbands, seen a few get scammed and warned a few.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a campervan pass, know they'll probably pop up but wouldn't mind having one secured.

Ya it's a joke, people getting scammed, some scumbags out there. Ya I was thinking the same thing would like to have my ticket secured, if anyone is selling a ticket..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ya it's a joke, people getting scammed, some scumbags out there. Ya I was thinking the same thing would like to have my ticket secured, if anyone is selling a ticket..

They'll pop up but not really this time of year, set up an alert on adverts for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Here is a spanner on the works.

The 1975"s new album is getting amazingly good reviews. I haven't given it a spin myself as it is likely to ruin my recommendations from Google Play. But who knew?

Although I was jumped on in here for suggesting it last time they played, I thought their last album was really decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Although I was jumped on in here for suggesting it last time they played, I thought their last album was really decent too.

Gave the 1975's new album a quick spin. Firstly its nothing like Radiohead, not even the same ballpark, not even the same f.u.c.k.i.n. sport! ;)

But annoyingly its substantially better than I expected! The style/genre varies greatly per track, but I must say lots of 'borrowed' inspiration, track 1 1975's sounds like they took a lend of Imogen Heaps 'hide and seek' voice flange!!
    'How to draw / petrichor' sounds a lot like the soundtrack the chemical bros did for the movie 'Hannah' vs some John Hopkins inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I listened to it after seeing the reviews, especially that bat**** crazy NME OK Computer comparison.

I don't get it. Honestly I thought it was pretty shît bar a few tracks which were passable.
    track 1 1975's sounds like they took a lend of Imogen Heaps 'hide and seek' voice flange!!

I was thinking Bon Iver :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

maximoose wrote: »
    I listened to it after seeing the reviews, especially that bat**** crazy NME OK Computer comparison.

I don't get it. Honestly I thought it was pretty shît bar a few tracks which were passable.

I was thinking Bon Iver :pac:

An absolutely baffling comparison to make and one entirely designed to drive clicks. It worked to that end - the whole bloody world seemed to hear about it.

NME are very much on the 1975 bandwagon, they have been for years now. I don't see why - they're grand but nothing remarkable - but this sort of thing is exactly why people don't take it seriously as a publication.

Advertisement