Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well this would be absolutely massive for me anyways.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/12/the-raconteurs-tour-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

That'd be savage. I saw them at Oxegen in '08 and it's still one of my favorite gigs.

That'd be savage. I saw them at Oxegen in '08 and it's still one of my favorite gigs.

Same here, my only time seeing them. Think they finished off with Salute your Salution?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Got tickets for talos gig in pepper cannister. Never been to a gig there so another one to notch off. Hope new album up to standard of first one which I thought was cracking.

Are they good live? Pals were raving about their Body & Soul main stage set 2/3 years ago. Have managed to miss them three times at EP but the stuff on Other Voices sounded great.

JamieHP wrote: »
    Was at the 1975 last night. Their production values are unreal. Can see them headlining one of the nights!

Not a fan but given their history with EP I'd say they're a cert to play. The only headliners most posters here seem to agree will end one of the evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Toobz wrote: »
    Childish Gambino Friday and one of Tame Impala or Foals taking another headliner slot with their new albums

All three on tour in the summer, feeling confident of one and hopeful for two at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Are they good live? Pals were raving about their Body & Soul main stage set 2/3 years ago. Have managed to miss them three times at EP but the stuff on Other Voices sounded great.

Saw them twice at EP really good live.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Talos is one guy???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Talos is one guy???

There's a band with him too.

Eod100 wrote: »
    There's a band with him too.

But it's still one guy. There's a band with most solo singers but you still call them singular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

But it's still one guy. There's a band with most solo singers but you still call them singular

Leonard Skinner was a guy ;)

I always think of Talos as a guy, not a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I guess but from live gigs of his/theirs I've seen recently, band very involved! Either way they're a great live act! ☺️

Talos is one guy???

Two guys when interviewed on OVs, five when playing live. But seemingly one guy running the show, á la Kevin Parker with Tame Impala.

But is Tame Impala one guy given he does everything in the studio or is it a band? Or Fever Ray one woman given her regular musicians or again a group act?

Two guys when interviewed on OVs, five when playing live. But seemingly one guy running the show, á la Kevin Parker with Tame Impala.

Very true. All of the press stuff seems to be a picture of one guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Eoin French is the guy who does all of the stuff and is in reality he is talos but my understanding is that there is a band not just for when touring but could be wrong. Whatever it is they/he sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Normally the March announcement coincides with the release of tickets... but this year??

Who knows? Imagine they didn't release the stage times until the week before the festival? The hysteria on the book of faces page would be epic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Thinking of going to Indiependence this year, website is a bit crap so would anyone that’s been like to give me a quick run down?
    Is the crowd young? What’s the camping like?

Poorside wrote:
    Thinking of going to Indiependence this year, website is a bit crap so would anyone that’s been like to give me a quick run down? Is the crowd young? What’s the camping like?

Did it myself last year with a crew in their late 20s early 30s. We opted for the VIP camping which is basically just a relatively quiet campsite with access to this fairly well stocked bar. The plan was to go regular camping but decided against it at the last minute.

Crowd is generally young yes but saw no trouble or anything. Best thing about it for me was how handy it is to get around the site quickly and the location of the site itself. Mitchelstown is only about an hour and s bit outside limerick.

If your used to the madness of EP then this will be a welcome change. Can't stress enough how it's so easy to move between stages. That being said there isn't much else going on to have a look around in the midday afternoon time.

I'm debating whether I'll go again to be honest, line up so far not doing much for me, last year Jake Bugg sealed it for me and it was my first time seeing King Kong company live so that was a real treat. Im going to hang on and see what other acts they have to announce and will also keep and eye on ATN to see who they throw out too. If ATN manage to get the raconteurs then that's decision made for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Sound thanks for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

Anyone have the email about next instalment, I deleted and need the customer service number to contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Originally it was the one guy - but I think the band is now an integral part of this and the band are called Talos (but I could be wrong) I've seen them several times now - absolutely BRILLIANT!!!

I'm telling you West Cork is producing amazing musicians - look up 'Fintan McKahey' , 'Sam Clague' - a younger generation of incredible talent - nearly forgot 'Brian Deady' whatever is coming in on that Atlantic Wind...………….. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Bombay Bicycle Club are back.
    They'd be a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

sassyj wrote: »
    Anyone have the email about next instalment, I deleted and need the customer service number to contact them

The number in the email is 0818 903001 but didn't the final installments come out last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Bombay Bicycle Club are back.
    They'd be a nice addition.

Oh yes...one of my favourite ep memories are listening to them on a very sunny Sunday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kg703

Absolute stretch but I figure it's silly speculation time...

EP following Tama Impala on Instagram.....

Not following a few others who played in 2015

Or some more recently on the line up

I don't have tickets so I'm hoping not or I might have to shell out full price after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yeah I think they are a dead cert at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Foals announced some tour dates, americas until May'ish then some EU dates ex IRL May to start of August.

Could we see both Foals and Tame Impala!! JIZZ TIME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Durty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Foals announced some tour dates, americas until May'ish then some EU dates ex IRL May to start of August.

Could we see both Foals and Tame Impala!! JIZZ TIME!!!

No :( One of them has to play ATN :P

Advertisement