Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

DyEOsxOWwAAn91v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

DyEOsxOWwAAn91v.jpg

A fair few there, but a weaker Green Man than usual? Seems to be the way with the generally underwhelming 2019 announcements.

Love the Strokes lineup for All Points East in late May. Returning to New York to play a festival there the week after but they return to Europe in mid-July so an Irish date is likely. EP please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I'd love to see Whitney back. They were great the last time.

Thursday is going to be the big one.

End of the road fest announces!

Should share at least one headliner and some undercard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Stillill42 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Whitney back. They were great the last time.

Light Upon the Lake is a really good album. Enjoyed them too when they played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Four Tet please!

50 names being announced for Lowlands tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

50 names being announced for Lowlands tomorrow.

Looking forward to see who they announce. I would say we could share a headliner with them, looking at their last few lineups we got:
    2018 - Kendrick, Dua Lipa, NERD, Chic
    2017 - The XX, London Grammar, Elbow, Mura Masa, Vince Staples
    2016 - LCD Soundsystem, Noel Gallagher, Jack Garrett
    2015 - Underworld, Tame Impala, Hot Chip, Interpol

Looking forward to see who they announce. I would say we could share a headliner with them, looking at their last few lineups we got:
    2018 - Kendrick, Dua Lipa, NERD, Chic
    2017 - The XX, London Grammar, Elbow, Mura Masa, Vince Staples
    2016 - LCD Soundsystem, Noel Gallagher, Jack Garrett
    2015 - Underworld, Tame Impala, Hot Chip, Interpol

Hadn't realised the crossover was so significant. Here's hoping for Tame Impala and The Strokes tomorrow.

6115AC22-7F10-4961-9728-83F0910324BB.thumb.jpeg.c6ff50037f90e2acab5270992ae3bdc4.jpeg

Some possible crossover, if not for main stage then plenty of cheese for Electric Ireland.

Main stage: James, The Coral

Electric Ireland : Gabrielle, Fun Lovin Criminals.

Rankins Woods : Basement Jaxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

6115AC22-7F10-4961-9728-83F0910324BB.thumb.jpeg.c6ff50037f90e2acab5270992ae3bdc4.jpeg

Some possible crossover, if not for main stage then plenty of cheese for Electric Ireland.

Main stage: James, The Coral

Electric Ireland : Gabrielle, Fun Lovin Criminals.

Rankins Woods : Basement Jaxx

I don't think the fun lovin criminals should be relegated to electric Ireland! I think they'd be a cracking pre 6pm electric arena act. They could probably pull a decent crowd much later also

Some rumours on the Facebook banter page suggesting body and soul are pulling out?

Screenshot_20190130-095840.thumb.png.b4a6c36f1ef3f62ec6a122ffbe992cb2.png

Ladies and Gentlemen; september is starting to shape up nicely.

except Twenty One Pilots; they can do one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Holy shît The Chats are touring! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

jees would be delighted with some of those
    tame impala, paul kalkbrenner and jon hopkins, jungle, anderson paak
    Stumbled across mall grab actually last year and he/they were great

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

That is a good lineup which is encouraging! But we can rule out The National, New Order, Jon Hopkins & Paul Kalkbrennar as they are playing other festivals in Ireland this summer. We can also rule out The Prodigy, Jorja Smith, Jungle, Mall Grab & Denis Sulta as they all played EP 2018.

Hoping that pretty much confirms Tame Impala as one headliner, would like to see The Good, The Bad & The Queen, The Streets, Parcels, and some of the DJs like Honey Dijon, Hunee & Antal all added. I'd say based on festival announcements now you could have a good stab at who EP might get!

And who the f**k are Twenty One Pilots?? Headlining Lowlands and Reading/Leeds and honestly never heard of them before.

Sleeper. Jesus. Wonder what Louise looks like now. If the Wonder Stuff could get the band back together, I'd LOVE them on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

That is a good lineup which is encouraging! But we can rule out The National, New Order, Jon Hopkins & Paul Kalkbrennar as they are playing other festivals in Ireland this summer. We can also rule out The Prodigy, Jorja Smith, Jungle, Mall Grab & Denis Sulta as they all played EP 2018.

Hoping that pretty much confirms Tame Impala as one headliner, would like to see The Good, The Bad & The Queen, The Streets, Parcels, and some of the DJs like Honey Dijon, Hunee & Antal all added. I'd say based on festival announcements now you could have a good stab at who EP might get!

And who the f**k are Twenty One Pilots?? Headlining Lowlands and Reading/Leeds and honestly never heard of them before.

talk about raining on my parade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Anderson Paak would be f**kin epic.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sleeper. Jesus. Wonder what Louise looks like now.

24174481_2193249354022131_3771660021852821717_n.jpg

for 52 not bad at all !

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

that cool britanna line up is class (though i realise its highly themed)

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    I don't think the fun lovin criminals should be relegated to electric Ireland! I think they'd be a cracking pre 6pm electric arena act. They could probably pull a decent crowd much later also

Some rumours on the Facebook banter page suggesting body and soul are pulling out?

Doesn't this happen every year? Could be true but could B&S really afford to give up such an earner?

Screenshot_20190130-095840.thumb.png.b4a6c36f1ef3f62ec6a122ffbe992cb2.png

Ladies and Gentlemen; september is starting to shape up nicely.

except Twenty One Pilots; they can do one.

Again an underwhelming lineup for me. Though Tame Impala, Anderson.Paak, Good Bad & Queen, Streets & Giorgo Moroder would be exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭divide_by_zero

Sleeper. Jesus. Wonder what Louise looks like now. If the Wonder Stuff could get the band back together, I'd LOVE them on the bill.

The Wonder Stuff are back and playing gigs think they brought out an album a couple of years ago. Would love to see them added to EP.

The Wonder Stuff are back and playing gigs think they brought out an album a couple of years ago. Would love to see them added to EP.
    I saw them in the Academy a couple of years ago. Great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Can rule out Vampire Weekend for this anyway - they just announced an extensive North American tour that has dates in Virginia on August 30 and Boston on Sept 3.

Tour is solid booked throughout August, September and October so they won't be jetting off to Europe for a gig in the middle of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can rule out Vampire Weekend for this anyway - they just announced an extensive North American tour that has dates in Virginia on August 30 and Boston on Sept 3.

Tour is solid booked throughout August, September and October so they won't be jetting off to Europe for a gig in the middle of it!

tenor.gif?itemid=8352668

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Ticket for foals at trinity bought, would have preferred them at EP rather than a Tuesday in trinity but not to be. Showing my age here but sisters of mercy touring gladly have them as a legacy act at EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Showing my age here but sisters of mercy touring gladly have them as a legacy act at EP.

TDIL Andrew Eldritch is still alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Ticket for foals at trinity bought, would have preferred them at EP rather than a Tuesday in trinity but not to be. Showing my age here but sisters of mercy touring gladly have them as a legacy act at EP.

Presuming they're not the nuns?! :p

Advertisement