Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was at Public Service Broadcasting in the Olympia last night. Fantastic gig. Would love to see them back at EP. They have mentioned that they'll be playing festivals this year so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

LowOdour wrote: »
    So looking at the Townlands, R+L, and EOTR lineups. Out of them, the possible headliners for EP could be

Headliners
    Tame Impala -
    Twenty One Pilots
    The 1975
    Post Malone
    New Order

I like Tame Impala and some New Order stuff, but the rest I dont know any of their stuff. Would they be more suited for the "younger" generation?
    If we got The Strokes, I'd forgive it all.

I know headliners are not the be all and end all, but thought last years headliners added to a poor picnic overall for me.

Others playing those festivals
    Deerhunter
    Streets
    Franz Ferdinand
    Idles
    Frank Turner
    Parquet Courts
    Sleaford Mods (i dont expect them as they played last year)
    Let’s Eat Grandma
    Anderson .Paak
    Royal Blood
    Whitney

If we got the first 5 or 6 on that list, i'd be pretty happy (maybe some Big Thief and Sharon Van Ettn too...save making 2 trips to Dublin to see them!)

I was at Ash, Garbage and Nile Rodgers on the main stage, rest of the time was mainly Electric Arena and elsewhere.

Kinda like it that way, stayed mostly dry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

same, i was only at main stage for ash, double gospel choir and chic i think......and my weekend was all the better for it tbh

the headliners mean nothing to me at this stage considering the caliber of the under card and all the goings on outside the main arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Rfrip wrote: »
    same, i was only at main stage for ash, double gospel choir and chic i think......and my weekend was all the better for it tbh

the headliners mean nothing to me at this stage considering the caliber of the under card and all the goings on outside the main arena

Well yeah, I've been the same. That's not to say a few great headliners wouldn't be welcome. A lot to be said for being up the front on a Saturday night at a Portishead, a Blur or a Massive Attack. I'm not giving up on the main stage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Was at Public Service Broadcasting in the Olympia last night. Fantastic gig. Would love to see them back at EP. They have mentioned that they'll be playing festivals this year so fingers crossed!

How was the crowd, caught them in Amsterdam but didn't realise it was an art house gig, 2 Paddy's up front whopping and hollering and the rest of the place in suits and dresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Well yeah, I've been the same. That's not to say a few great headliners wouldn't be welcome. A lot to be said for being up the front on a Saturday night at a Portishead, a Blur or a Massive Attack. I'm not giving up on the main stage yet.

very true tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Lots of whooping and hollering at the gig last night. Lots of oldies too - which was a bit of a surprise - since I’d last seen them indoors at the Button Factory. And it wasn’t the case then. They seem to have a genuine affection for Irish audiences at this stage.
    How was the crowd, caught them in Amsterdam but didn't realise it was an art house gig, 2 Paddy's up front whopping and hollering and the rest of the place in suits and dresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Rfrip wrote: »

I've also seen very few of the headliners over the last few years, but when you get a top act it can make a huge difference (LCD and A Tribe called quest are good examples). I just thought the undercard was poor last year, so maybe I'm basing things too much on last year.

It was mixed but mostly quite old, which was quite surprising. I've never been to one of their gigs so I wasn't sure what want their fan base would be like. There was a group that was in front of me when I was for the gig to start and it was made of up of about 5 couples, mid to late fifties. I think they may have been over for the rugby, but they did seem really into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

In many respects PSB are an ideal act for All Together Now.

• Advertisement

And the pet shop boys, who I thought you wear referring to for a second. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Caught the wonderful Tears for Fears last night. They really do have the big tunes and would go down well with all ages at EP. The kids may not recognise the band by name but there can't be many people on this continent who don't know Shout, Mad World & Everybody Wants to Rule the World. We've had Duran, so how about TFF or A-ha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Caught the wonderful Tears for Fears last night. They really do have the big tunes and would go down well with all ages at EP. The kids may not recognise the band by name but there can't be many people on this continent who don't know Shout, Mad World & Everybody Wants to Rule the World. We've had Duran, so how about TFF or A-ha?

Aha playing Dublin in October would be surprised to see them at EP. Would love to see erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Groove Armada....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Did GA do a Dj set at ATN last year? Could be a good shout for EP so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Didn't GA play district 8 a few weeks back?

Think we'll get any creamfields acts? Deadmau5 would be great but I wouldn't waste a headline spot on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Deadmau5 is sh!te but I wouldn't be surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

713AE6CB-234A-4A68-9EC8-647C5D48152E.jpeg.ef575e002eff38ffeee94d726b253b43.jpeg

Unless Florence announces Belfast Vital in August she'll be another of our headliners.

I think those dates probably make her more likely for ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Line up 13th March 2019

Line up 13th March 2019

Nice little present before Paddys weekend. Lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seeing them in the pissing rain on the body and soul main stage a few years ago was magnificent, but yeah ATN please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

maximoose wrote: »
    Seeing them in the pissing rain on the body and soul main stage a few years ago was magnificent, but yeah ATN please

The wettest I've ever been at a gig. Speaks volumes for them that nobody seemed to mind very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Climbing out of the B & S bowl in that rain was one of the greatest feets of dexterity i have ever managed.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

New flimsy style tickets arrived this morning. Instalment plan.

First announcement 13/03/19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

Well at least that's the announcement of the announcement out of the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

endainoz wrote: »
    Well at least that's the announcement of the announcement out of the way!

Well this one at least. Bound to be a few more to speculate after this one and before September! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

More tickets coming to 3+ by the looks of the anouncement...hopefully get another crack at a campervan one. Hint Hint, if anyone has a spare one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

More tickets coming to 3+ by the looks of the anouncement...hopefully get another crack at a campervan one. Hint Hint, if anyone has a spare one...

You will most likely pick up a cv ticket in the last week, unlikely beforehand. People don't usually have "spares" but lots buy without any concrete plans for a vehicle and try to get some mates to pitch in for a hire cv which either turns out to be too expensive or its too late to get a hire. Happened to me a couple of years back and I picked one up on toutless about 10 days before the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

You will most likely pick up a cv ticket in the last week, unlikely beforehand. People don't usually have "spares" but lots buy without any concrete plans for a vehicle and try to get some mates to pitch in for a hire cv which either turns out to be too expensive or its too late to get a hire. Happened to me a couple of years back and I picked one up on toutless about 10 days before the festival.

There were loads knocking around last year. Much more than previous years IMO. Set up alerts on adverts and done deal now and sit back and wait!

Advertisement