Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

endainoz wrote: »
    Well at least that's the announcement of the announcement out of the way!

When’s the announcement for the second announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You will most likely pick up a cv ticket in the last week, unlikely beforehand. People don't usually have "spares" but lots buy without any concrete plans for a vehicle and try to get some mates to pitch in for a hire cv which either turns out to be too expensive or its too late to get a hire. Happened to me a couple of years back and I picked one up on toutless about 10 days before the festival.

If you saw my campervan you'd have doubts as well. I need to cut the roof off another one so I'm not looking at the stars for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

If you saw my campervan you'd have doubts as well. I need to cut the roof off another one so I'm not looking at the stars for the weekend.

Not sure if serious, or crazy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Not sure if serious, or crazy :eek:

Seriously crazy, she'll be right by September:D

IMG-20180825-111329.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MichaelM93l

Reading some comments saying Body&Soul are pulling out of EP and after last year when EP announced the line up initially without Body&Soul it would seem there’s something going on between the two parties? Couldn’t blame Body&Soul if they want to pull out might be a sign of things to come with EP, will be missed if they aren’t there.

• Advertisement

Reading some comments saying Body&Soul are pulling out of EP and after last year when EP announced the line up initially without Body&Soul it would seem there’s something going on between the two parties? Couldn’t blame Body&Soul if they want to pull out might be a sign of things to come with EP, will be missed if they aren’t there.

Reading where? Reliable journalistic source?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Can't see that happening EP is an incredibly successful venture and B&S was struggling with selling tickets for their own event last year, personally I think it would be financial suicide to pull out of EP at the moment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Boardmasters Soundwave Festival announcing their lineup in 12 hours, a key August festival that has shared some of the same headliners as EP in the past, I remember when Leftfield announced four summer festival shows in 2010, one was for Boardmasters and one for Electric Picnic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Can't see that happening EP is an incredibly successful venture and B&S was struggling with selling tickets for their own event last year, personally I think it would be financial suicide to pull out of EP at the moment.

A cousin is a close pal of one of the B&S organisers. He assures me that he's heard nothing and this rumour is seemingly baseless.

Why do people regurgitate nonsensical rumours with no factual basis? Leave that to Trump & the Brexiteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

There’s more chance of daft punk and Radiohead headlining than body and soul pulling out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Loss of Body and Soul rumours quashed for another year. We push on with the latest loss of Soul rumours. Take it away, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rfrip wrote: »
    There’s more chance of daft punk and Radiohead headlining than body and soul pulling out

So you're saying there's a chance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Read the same on the Facebook, the suggestion is its a valuable area and commercially EP want it for other uses, but thinking about it further... if B&S wasn't there what could you do with the space!... its a unique landscape, you couldn't really deviate from what's there. So not buying it. Roll on announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

BM19_2nd-Announce_Line-Up_1200x1500-%28with-Old-Mout-Cider%29.jpg

Florence + The Machine would be a great headliner! Otherwise, kind of underwhelming imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Florence + The Machine would be a great headliner!

Ye reckon? Pretty uninspiring to a lot of people i'd wager. Prefer something a bit mad like the 1975.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Wooderson wrote: »
    Ye reckon? Pretty uninspiring to a lot of people i'd wager. Prefer something a bit mad like the 1975.

I am not a massive fan of Flo Jo and her two stroke, but she's got talent and was very well received last time she played.

1975 are just ****e, total and utter ****e. There's no contest here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jeditokingyoda

Wooderson wrote: »

I think I'd prefer Florence to the 1975. But that might just be me I guess. I can't stand the 1975. Although, there are other bands that I would much rather see headlining than Florence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I think I'd prefer Florence to the 1975. But that might just be me I guess. I can't stand the 1975. Although, there are other bands that I would much rather see headlining than Florence.

She's really overrated. Caught her past year. Big Nope.

She's a floaty dopey hippy dippy screechy seagull person.

I'm not a fan of the 1975 either but have heard their live show was interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I could see us getting both. They would be two big names that most of the crowd would know and have played EP before several times. I wouldn't mind either of them as long as there was a headliner there that I really wanted to see (Tame Impala, Bon Iver, Robyn..).

I'd perfer the 1975 over the likes of Picture This for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I would rather castration without anaesthetic over Picture This, but that doesn't mean I would like that option...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I could see us getting both. They would be two big names that most of the crowd would know and have played EP before several times. I wouldn't mind either of them as long as there was a headliner there that I really wanted to see (Tame Impala, Bon Iver, Robyn..).

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I can see both happening tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

maximoose wrote: »
    I can see both happening tbh

God it would be incredibly disappointing to get them a second year in a row. Even if we don't get them there are others who could fill the gap like Gavin James or Kodaline. We are guaranteed some kind of act like that I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

God it would be incredibly disappointing to get them a second year in a row. Even if we don't get them there are others who could fill the gap like Gavin James or Kodaline. We are guaranteed some kind of act like that I suppose.

Yep, probably guaranteed some commercially successful & extremely popular artists. Who'd have thought eh?:rolleyes:

Not my cup of tea but dont people who get riled up by people they dont like.

He he. We're a predictable bunch.

I see Billy Bragg is down for 3 nights in Whelan's end of July. He's surely due a return?

1-1024x536.thumb.jpg.1451b077d1290058b995b16108971935.jpg

Finland

Big news maybe.

So Milano rocks fest Italy announced

Florence and the machine + 1975 August 30th

Twenty one pilots 31st

May rule these acts out. (Or make them more possible as they may be travelling back from sziget)

I reckon Florence will announce a stand alone gig in Belfast around her Edinburgh date though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Big news maybe.

So Milano rocks fest Italy announced

Florence and the machine + 1975 August 30th

Twenty one pilots 31st

May rule these acts out.

I would have thought it makes it more likely to then be 1975 on the sat and Florence on the sunday for EP now if anything with them playing those dates.

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    I would have thought it makes it more likely to then be 1975 on the sat and Florence on the sunday for EP now if anything with them playing those dates.

Ah man, this 1975/Florence chatter is really killing my buzz.

Are we really looking at only one potential decent headliner?

Advertisement