Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Galway Arts Fest has had some great acts the last few years.

Was it last year they had Caribou and the Flaming Lips?

Always worth keeping an eye out for!

Yeah, the Lips were a European exclusive for 2018 and Caribou had only one other European gig last year (Berlin). Impressive booking. Madness and The Stunning also there alongside some of the poor Irish bed-wetting stuff.

We also had some great stuff in the small venues (Róisín Dubh, Monroe's, etc) - The Wedding Present, Something Happens, Aidan Moffat, We Are Scientists, Seamus Fogarty, Beardyman and DJ sets from Kevin Rowland & Jerry Dammers. It's turned into a really impressive festival, lots going on alongside the music, much free or cheap stuff. Despite the likes of Kodaline it's well worth a look.

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    What if EP just added them after ATN is finished, would ATN punters then be entitled to some sort of refund?

ATN could be sued for billing it as an exclusive. A smart punter could argue in court that his/her whole rationale for attending ATN was for the Fontaines. You'd likely get your ticket and costs back under Sales of Goods Act 1980.

Thus the Fontaines won't appear on the billing even long after ATN. But appearing as a surprise informal act can be explained away in many ways. Creative management can work that one out. I'd say there's a 50/50 chance they'll appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

i see mac demarco is announcing allsorts of dates, including festivals
    that'd be most welcome, great live, whole lot of fun and great tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Obviously no headliner but Passion Pit are doing a 'Manners' 10th anniversary tour, US and Canada in May, would be nice if they did Europe in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Boom! ECO camp ticket in the bag!!

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Boom! ECO camp ticket in the bag!!

Snap.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Snap.

I'm so happy to get confirmation, it will set me up for a mega weekend! after the peace tranquality, cleanliness and absolute soundness of the punters in the ECO camp last year I don't think I could go back to general camping.

Its like a smaller festival within a festival, age tended to be mid thirties or more, and I think if you're ECO minded, you're more likely to be respectful etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jojis doing festivals!!!!

Nice one. Here's hoping!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Jojis doing festivals!!!!

Nice one. Here's hoping!!!

took down the Pukkelpop poster, noticed there was typos in it. e.g. (Alice In Wonderland instead of Alison Wonderland)

I imagine it's not the real deal. Real one is out Monday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats there to talk about on Saturday about the Picnic?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

So whats there to talk about on Saturday about the Picnic?

Dunno. Sleaford Mods? Off to see them tonight & would welcome them back at EP anytime. Missed them last year. Good set?

Dunno. Sleaford Mods? Off to see them tonight & would welcome them back at EP anytime. Missed them last year. Good set?

Missed them concentrated instead on Death Grips and then the Prodigy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

One of my acts of the weekend at EP last year....and they were on after 11pm on the Sunday night and I was dreaming of home at that point. But they were great... annoyed I couldnt make it to Galway to see them last night

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

Aphex Twin looks set to be announced this week for Rock en Seine (which is the week before EP), there's not usually too much crossover between the two but its quite encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Aphex Twin looks set to be announced this week for Rock en Seine (which is the week before EP), there's not usually too much crossover between the two but its quite encouraging.

Aw I’d be delighted for bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    Aw I’d be delighted for bodhrandude

He an Aphex fan? Why so shy about mentioning it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

He an Aphex fan? Why so shy about mentioning it here?

Irony, I presume Seathrun.

I've mentioned Aphex loads on EP threads, he's the number one artist for me to play EP, its amazing he hasn't played yet. I like the sound of this Rock En Seine announcement as I was following the Aphex forum in WATMM. So far there the talk is all about his April gigs at Coachella, Mexico and the New York gigs, but that sounds healthy if he is doing late August gigs too. Seathrun88 are you going to Massive Attack on 24th I'm going to try and snap up a ticket for that soon.

aphexrock_B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

LowOdour wrote:
    One of my acts of the weekend at EP last year....and they were on after 11pm on the Sunday night and I was dreaming of home at that point. But they were great... annoyed I couldnt make it to Galway to see them last night

They were my last act of the weekend and they were indeed brilliant

• Advertisement

There has been one or two crossovers with Rock en Seine in the past, Tame Impala played both in 2015, Portishead played both in 2014, The XX played both in 2017 so there's hope yet.

We can rule out Post Malone..

Playing RDS August 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

We can rule out Post Malone..

Playing RDS August 22nd.

Praise the lord!

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Irony, I presume Seathrun.

You understand correctly.

I've mentoned Aphex loads on EP threads, he's the number one artist for me to play EP, its amazing he hasn't played yet. I like the sound of this Rock En Seine announcement as I was following the Aphex forum in WATMM. So far there the talk is all about his April gigs at Coachella, Mexico and the New York gigs, but that sounds healthy if he is doing late August gigs too. Seathrun88 are you going to Massive Attack on 24th I'm going to try and snap up a ticket for that soon.

Mild sarcasm dude. The Aphex love hasn’t gone unnoticed. Hope you get what you’re hoping for. It’s about time. And I’d love that MA gig but funds are tight. Orbital in July will get my money this week instead.

Twenty One Pilots and Tame Impala first names for Pukkelpop Fest.

15, 16, 17, 18 August.

More news wens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Mild sarcasm dude. The Aphex love hasn’t gone unnoticed. Hope you get what you’re hoping for. It’s about time. And I’d love that MA gig but funds are tight. Orbital in July will get my money this week instead.

Are orbital playing in July??

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Are orbital playing in July??

Yes in Galways Arts fest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Hadn't seen any of them mentioned anyway but Beck, Spoon and Cage the Elephant are touring together in the US until August 30 so can essentially rule out all three of them.

Support includes an act called Sunflower Bean that I am not familiar with.

Advertisement