Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hadn't seen any of them mentioned anyway but Beck, Spoon and Cage the Elephant are touring together in the US until August 30 so can essentially rule out all three of them.

Just coming to post that! Not viable for Sunday, you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yes in Galways Arts fest.

Nabbed tickets this morning. If you can at all id say get to this, I think it's going to be an absolute belter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    Nabbed tickets this morning. If you can at all id say get to this, I think it's going to be an absolute belter

Absolutely. The Caribou and Flaming Lips gigs last year in Galway were easily in my top five of the year. Crowd were mental at both, mainly cos we get so few big acts down this way. After party tends to be good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Loved caribou at this last year. Would love to see orbital but can’t make that date. Can’t go to everything I guess but I certainly try!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I expect The Coronas will be @ EP imo

They're playing BelfastCHSQ on 23rd August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

I expect The Coronas will be @ EP imo

They're playing BelfastCHSQ on 23rd August.

An unpopular opinion around here I imagine but I thought they were fantastic last year.

Just deleted before you posted. @bigmo1

completely missed em

I guess in that case.. don't think they'll return so soon?

But maybe. Main Stage this time, were they electric arena last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Just deleted before you posted. @bigmo1

completely missed em

I guess in that case.. don't think they'll return so soon?

But maybe. Main Stage this time, were they electric arena last year.

Deleted after you deleted :D

Tough to know if they return or not. I remember being surprised they were on so late (12:30AM) on Saturday but it turned out to be great. So many sing-along tunes for the drunken crowds (myself included) in EA.

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Deleted after you deleted :D

Tough to know if they return or not. I remember being surprised they were on so late (12:30AM) on Saturday but it turned out to be great. So many sing-along tunes for the drunken crowds (myself included) in EA.

They're playing Cork as well as Belfast.

I reckon possibly ATN instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

BigMo1 wrote: »
    An unpopular opinion around here I imagine but I thought they were fantastic last year.

Me too.

I didn't see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Vampire weekend for trinity in July another one ruled out. So many announcements hope something left for EP come March 13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Vampire weekend for trinity in July another one ruled out. So many announcements hope something left for EP come March 13

I'm keeping this updated to keep track of who is around and who is ruled out, it's fairly accurate if you want a look!

Hard to know what to expect this year, in general I think festivals across the board are quite weak this summer but still plenty there to wish for in an announcement. I'm expecting ATN announcement next week to wipe out a lot of candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I'm keeping this updated to keep track of who is around and who is ruled out, it's fairly accurate if you want a look!

Hard to know what to expect this year, in general I think festivals across the board are quite weak this summer but still plenty there to wish for in an announcement. I'm expecting ATN announcement next week to wipe out a lot of candidates.

Thanks Ferris. Would love to be able to do a pick and mix. Having said that not a lot of big names that haven't done EP before.

459243FA-31DA-46C7-94E0-2958356E84C2.thumb.png.f73fc3d272f7fab5705410da3964e9e9.png

I'd take serpentwithfeet, parcels, Billie Eilish, Hozier (reckon this is a given now) , Roosevelt of that list.

Nice to see the Irish are invading Berlin, quite a number of Irish acts on that bill.

Makes me feel uneasy seeing Kings of Leon on the billing. With them headlining benicassim (which is part owned by lads that do EP) and now this it makes me shudder.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd take serpentwithfeet, parcels, Billie Eilish, Hozier (reckon this is a given now) , Roosevelt of that list.

Nice to see the Irish are invading Berlin, quite a number of Irish acts on that bill.

Makes me feel uneasy seeing Kings of Leon on the billing. With them headlining benicassim (which is part owned by lads that do EP) and now this it makes me shudder.

Yeah, very close to being one of the most boring on stage bands I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are the Swedish House Mafia allowed back in the country? They would be a contender. There at cream fields the weekend before.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yeah, very close to being one of the most boring on stage bands I've ever seen.

Who was the most? I think London Grammer @EP was one of my contenders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cigarettes after sex were almost comatose last year.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Cigarettes after sex were almost comatose last year.

I was in there waiting on St Vincent I think, and I've seen livelier carpet.

The black and white video screens only increased their blandness.

• Advertisement

Coldplay at 2003 witnesses.... Snore fest...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

I thought London Grammar were great that night. I had multiple pints and Cuba libres on board, so that could be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

That TBA looks a lot like Blur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Yep, i was so looking forward to that show. It was my most disappointing in 30 years of going to gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wilco just announced a European tour beginning 4th September and no Irish dates, seems a strong possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sweetie wrote: »
    Wilco just announced a European your beginning 4th September and no Irish dates, seems a strong possibility

What an addition they'd be! Billy Bragg hookup also a possibility.

sweetie wrote: »
    Wilco just announced a European your beginning 4th September and no Irish dates, seems a strong possibility

Please please please!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Yep, i was so looking forward to that show. It was my most disappointing in 30 years of going to gigs.

I thought they put on a good show, albeit that I knew nothing about them beforehand. She had a great voice but it wasn't party music. The problem I suppose is that they were on the mainstage around 10 o'clock on the Friday, when they should have been in a tent on the Sunday evening.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    What an addition they'd be! Billy Bragg hookup also a possibility.

Would love that but it happens very rarely. They never toured the Mermaid Avenue albums (some bad blood during recording) but Billy has joined them onstage the odd time. Last one I think was at the Newport Festival in 2017 so there's hope yet.

Wilco my fave band. Make it happen EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Are the Swedish House Mafia allowed back in the country? They would be a contender. There at cream fields the weekend before.

God after what happened last time they were here you'd think/hope EP would have more sense than to book them! I had never heard of Twenty One Pilots until a few weeks ago but starting to think they must be in the mix, headlining a lot of festivals around EP and playing a sold out show in the 3Arena a few days before the announcement. Are they popular enough here to headline?

I enjoyed that London Grammar show 2 years ago as well, would love to see her play her own show sometime as I missed the one last year in the Olympia. It has happened a lot over the years though where some of the big more mellow acts that play late at night aren't exactly what you are in the mood for come that time.

Advertisement