Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Hardly massive attack there playing shortly. Prodigy headlined last year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Hardly massive attack there playing shortly. Prodigy headlined last year as well.

They're referring to who was playing last year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

showpony1 wrote: »
    looking something like this at the moment

Hozier The 1975 Florence & the Machine
    Major Laser Twenty-one Pilots The Coronas

State of that, surely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

showpony1 wrote: »
    last year the headliners were Dua Lipa, Kendrick Lamar, Picture This?

Last year the headliners were Kendrick Lamar, Massive Attack and The Prodigy.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Paddy2012

The 1975 - Tame Impala - Twenty One Pilots - Hozier
    Aphex Twin - The Streets - Anderson Paak - Robyn

I think we are guaranteed to get The 1975 and Tame Impala at least. Florence & the Machine probably possible too but I felt adding her into the acts above would be too strong of a headline pack. I wonder will we get an older headliner from the 80s/90s this year?

I'd be pretty happy with that to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    I'd be pretty happy with that to be fair

One more “biggie” needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Wooderson wrote: »
    One more “biggie” needed.

I think he's dead, to be fair.....

I'm gonna call Eric Pridz and his Holo show, palying up north in June would be a perfect fit for picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hughgrogan

A friend of mine has offered to sell me his ticket as he can't make it anymore. I'll still be seventeen in September so I'm wondering are they strict about checking for ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

You'd have to be full unicorns and **** sideways for Apex Twin....they'll probably roll out Fatboy for health and safety reasons.

So when exactly are you not full of unicorns and feckin sideways at EP dude. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

hughgrogan wrote: »
    A friend of mine has offered to sell me his ticket as he can't make it anymore. I'll still be seventeen in September so I'm wondering are they strict about checking for ID?

If you look under 21 they’ll more than likely check.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

I'm gonna call Eric Pridz and his Holo show, palying up north in June would be a perfect fit for picnic.

That was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

im nervous about the ATN line up announcement tomorrow

Rfrip wrote: »
    im nervous about the ATN line up announcement tomorrow

In a good way, ie hopeful of decent acts? Or a bad way, ie they'll take great stuff from EP?

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    In a good way, ie hopeful of decent acts? Or a bad way, ie they'll take great stuff from EP?

In a bad way exactly!!!

Rfrip wrote: »
    In a bad way exactly!!!

Yeah, I think they'll get a fair few goodies but EP will get many more and a much more eclectic and wider spread of acts. Nonetheless there'll be far fewer disposable pop acts at ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I don't think they'll really take acts from each other, the international acts will mostly have tour dates throughout July/August in Europe anyway, so if ATN didn't exist, they probably just wouldn't play in Ireland at all, rather than hanging around for EP, or fitting it into their schedule.
    similarly ATN will miss out on acts that are coming over later in the summer, perhaps playing gigs in late August/September/October and will get booked for EP.

many of the smaller Irish acts will probably play at both. Fontaines DC being exclusive are probably very much an exception, rather than a rule, hence getting their own separate announcement.

[QUOTE=ghostdancer;109458964]I don't think they'll really take acts from each other, the international acts will mostly have tour dates throughout July/August in Europe anyway, so if ATN didn't exist, they probably just wouldn't play in Ireland at all, rather than hanging around for EP, or fitting it into their schedule.
    similarly ATN will miss out on acts that are coming over later in the summer, perhaps playing gigs in late August/September/October and will get booked for EP.

many of the smaller Irish acts will probably play at both. Fontaines DC being exclusive are probably very much an exception, rather than a rule, hence getting their own separate announcement.[/QUOTE]

I think there's something in what you say but there must be a fair few acts whose Summer schedule covers both festivals. They're only four weeks apart. If ATN get the likes of Stereolab or Tame Impala then they've nicked them from EP, though the latter too big for ATN. The first two announced acts are definitely ones that EP would have been interested in.

Just hoping they don't get Weezer.

Just hoping they don't get Weezer.

Only know a few tracks but everyone seems to rate them. Am I missing out?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think there's something in what you say but there must be a fair few acts whose Summer schedule covers both festivals. They're only four weeks apart. If ATN get the likes of Stereolab or Tame Impala then they've nicked them from EP, though the latter too big for ATN. The first two announced acts are definitely ones that EP would have been interested in.

I wouldnt say Tame Impala are too big for ATN since they last headlined FF last time. Still think EP will get them instead of ATN

I wouldnt say Tame Impala are too big for ATN since they last headlined FF last time. Still think EP will get them instead of ATN

FF was in 2016 and they've gotten much bigger in those three years. They're headlining Coachella and Primavera Sound amongst other fests this year and I'd be astonished if ATN got them.

FF was in 2016 and they've gotten much bigger in those three years. They're headlining Coachella and Primavera Sound amongst other fests this year and I'd be astonished if ATN got them.

Hope your right!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭endainoz

Seathrun66 wrote:
    Only know a few tracks but everyone seems to rate them. Am I missing out?

Yup massively! Doubtful for EP though, gig in the US on the 30th

oh thank the lord, no tame impala at ATN

Surely odds on now for EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Happy I didn't get tickets for ATN this year.

Thought i'd wake up to a case of severe FOMO.

Roll on EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tame Impala and Groove Armada guaranteed now surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

We can rule out Post Malone..

Playing RDS August 22nd.

Gutted.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Roll on EP.

same here... very much a "EPs little brother" feel to the ATN line up.

• Advertisement

Roll on EP.

I agree, though there's plenty of stuff there I'd love at EP. You've also got to assume that nearly all the decent Irish acts will also be at Stradbally.

Advertisement