Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Surely the Picnic is long due a visit by the Specials, they seem to be active of late. Touring all summer with their last date listed as 23rd August at Victorious Festival. Its their 40th anniversary and more dates might be added on, possible contender for the EP lineup.

https://www.thespecials.com/live

I'd love to hear them play their version of the Death in Paradise theme tune at EP. Summer vibes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    The Bualadh Bus was the one I was seeking all weekend.

If you see them live I think you'll understand. Capable of playing anything from ahha to Green Day....

Fantasising about rocking into the woods with this wrining through my ears until the break of dawn...

Or else **** Robot, that'll also make me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Middle-aged men online describing what they're wearing. A new low for the thread.

Maybe the wife is right and time to hang up the festival boots. Would be happy to see the specials at EP. Re the first line she may be right but isn't happening yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Really pinning my hopes on the Specials. Glad to see they weren't on the ATN list today. They have 3 sold out gigs in April at D'lympia though so who knows...

Madness playing Daytripper in Waterford so I'd say we've lost them.

Can we PLEASE have James this year. Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Wearing it at the moment

Still? I make that 165 days.

• Advertisement

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Middle-aged men online describing what they're wearing. A new low for the thread.

Accessories next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Still? I make that 165 days.

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Beirut playing Vicar Street on 26th and 27th August. Playing End of the Road on the Friday. Dunno would that rule them out for EP or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

191 sleeps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I see that Eels are knocking around, at picnic time.
    They're in Stockholm Thursday 29th, then nothing until Barcelona the following Friday, so that looks promising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

They're in Stockholm Thursday 29th, then nothing until Barcelona the following Friday, so that looks promising.

Still the funniest band intro I've seen in Stradbally. Would love to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

191 sleeps

Your my favourite poster just for these posts alone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yup it will be a six year gap since they last played so they would be a decent inclusion to the lineup.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭glennponder

thebusher wrote: »
    Really pinning my hopes on the Specials. Glad to see they weren't on the ATN list today. They have 3 sold out gigs in April at D'lympia though so who knows...

Absolutely love to see James, brilliant live band, don't think they've ever done the picnic, class act!!!!

thebusher wrote: »

Madness played for the second time in 2017 so there was never any chance of a return so soon. There are several heritage acts long overdue a return though - The Human League, Gary Numan, Erasure, OMD, Gang of Four, Magazine, etc.

And high time we had SLF, Heaven 17, Ultravox/Midge Ure, Wire, The Pop Group, Edwyn Collins (new album next month), The Specials, The Selecter, etc, etc. This could be an awfully long list.

Madness played for the second time in 2017 so there was never any chance of a return so soon. There are several heritage acts long overdue a return though - The Human League, Gary Numan, Erasure, OMD, Gang of Four, Magazine, etc.

And high time we had SLF, Heaven 17, Ultravox/Midge Ure, Wire, The Pop Group, Edwyn Collins (new album next month), The Specials, The Selecter, etc, etc. This could be an awfully long list.

Add John Foxx, Steel Pulse, LKJ and the Denis Bovel dub band, Butthole Surfers who have reared their heads over the last few years back into some live gigs. Will add some more inspiration when I unstone myself which is quite hard to do at the moment. :):D

Some of the ones you listed seem to be playing Forever Young Festival in Kildare in early July, so probably not going to happen for some acts.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=473668&d=1550707001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

That would be amazing. There's a teaser track out already, and it's really good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

i've been listening to a lot of Orange Juice recently and read the Collins biography too, Id be stoked but doubt he's do a festival with his condition. I reckon it'd be more likely a Vicar st/grand canal type gig

sweetie wrote: »
    i've been listening to a lot of Orange Juice recently and read the Collins biography too, Id be stoked but doubt he's do a festival with his condition. I reckon it'd be more likely a Vicar st/grand canal type gig

He's done a few fests in the past five years, but they've all been small and on mainland Britain so no travel stress. I live in hope though. His 60th birthday falls a week before EP. Who'd have expected that he'd survive 15 years ago?

Still excellent live and his backing band are the Welsh crew Colorama who are themselves a decent band. His last album Understated in 2013 was superb and it's very moving to see him on stage. He can't play guitar anymore as has effectively lost the use of his right arm. He also requires a walking stick on stage. But his voice remains peerless and the tunes are immense.

Can you tell I'm a fan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

Anyone done both Pink Moon and Boutique camping? A fairly hefty price gap between them, wondering if the quality is worth the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

mocata wrote: »
    Anyone done both Pink Moon and Boutique camping? A fairly hefty price gap between them, wondering if the quality is worth the extra.

Boutique camping every year. Festihuts. The job.
    But I’m old, and think I’m a princess
    Festihuts have electricity and lockable door. Always lovely neighbours aswell!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Rfrip wrote: »
    Boutique camping every year. Festihuts. The job.
    But I’m old, and think I’m a princess
    Festihuts have electricity and lockable door. Always lovely neighbours aswell!

Well, good locks make good neighbours!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

It’s age related I think. 30-40 Pink Moon. Over 40 Boutique Camping. Your “needs” increase as you get older. All the accommodation in BC is more luxurious than PM which is just a pre-pitched tent. Pod pads only have the dog kennels in PM but have the bell tents with camp beds in BC. I went with Silk Road last year and have rebooked for this year, proper comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

No Mumford for EP, phew

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Have been doing Pink Moon the last few years, won't be going back this year as was disappointed paying nearly 500 quid for a tent last year that wasn't put up properly, a belle pad and the pole in the middle was bent, they haven't upgraded their tents in years and the quality of them is just getting worse. Podpads for us this year

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No Mumford for EP, phew

Yer still getting 1975 tho :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hopefully Florence announces a dublin gig soon

showpony1 wrote: »
    Hopefully Florence announces a dublin gig soon

fingers crossed.

So it eliminates her from EP.

• Advertisement

fingers crossed.

So it eliminates her from EP.

All i'll say is that I believe she'll be at EP, she won't be getting a Malahide gig as she's in the US during that period June that the Malahide gigs usually fall on.

Advertisement