Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭rubick

Absolutely love to see James, brilliant live band, don't think they've ever done the picnic, class act!!!!

How great would James be on the Main Stage of an evening? 15 studio albums with hardly a bum note. Absolute legends!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

rubick wrote: »
    How great would James be on the Main Stage of an evening? 15 studio albums with hardly a bum note. Absolute legends!

Are they not playing the Academy in 8th July, I would've thought that would rule them out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

8th July 2009 :pac:

Zombie thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Are they not playing the Academy in 8th July, I would've thought that would rule them out.

I can't find anything on that gig??

maximoose wrote: »
    8th July 2009 :pac:

Zombie thread

Haha just noticed that there when I opened the thread, sorry my bad.

• Advertisement

Not according to their website or fan pages on Facebook:
    https://wearejames.com/live/

Lads you near gave me a heart attack there, thought I'd missed a key ticket buying opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Have managed to see them live twice and brilliant both times. Would be great to see them at EP. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,728 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Have managed to see them live twice and brilliant both times. Would be great to see them at EP. Fingers crossed.

Saw them at Witness :eek:

Would soil my frillies if I got to see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Spreece wrote: »
    It’s age related I think. 30-40 Pink Moon. Over 40 Boutique Camping. Your “needs” increase as you get older. All the accommodation in BC is more luxurious than PM which is just a pre-pitched tent. Pod pads only have the dog kennels in PM but have the bell tents with camp beds in BC. I went with Silk Road last year and have rebooked for this year, proper comfort.

I love Pink Moon - this will be my 3rd year - but there was a year when I went for Festihut which was in Boutique and that site was awful as you had to plod through the teenaged great and drunken unwashed and trip over tent pegs to get to your bit of "luxury" but thankfully Festihut moved to Pink Moon area so I had a great time there last year - especially at one stage when it was pouring outside and I sat on my chair in the hut drinking my Rum and nibbling crisps and feeling dry and comfortable and clean and smug as hell!!! :D Having space, lights, electricity - bliss (Nearly forgot there was such a mixed bag of ages - but less of the kidz brigade more actual adults - so neighbours/conversations - light and fun)

• Advertisement

I've saw them at Slane 1998, Olympia twice, Belsonic 2009 and opening The Other Stage at Glastonbury 2016. Every time simply amazing, whether they are playing old stuff or new material.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Beatyard doing 2 for 1 tickets for those not off to ATN. €55 for a two-day ticket is a hell of a bargain if they have a line-up close to last years. But again let's hope it's not too good as EP is the only Irish weekend fest for me in 2019.

I've saw them at Slane 1998, Olympia twice, Belsonic 2009 and opening The Other Stage at Glastonbury 2016. Every time simply amazing, whether they are playing old stuff or new material.

Only time I've caught James is supporting the Smiths in Galway in 1984. Great then and well overdue a second look methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Only time I've caught James is supporting the Smiths in Galway in 1984. Great then and well overdue a second look methinks.

Lucky bastard. Rub it in, why don't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭buried

Can somebody somewhere book this 'Sophie' wan please. Looks and sounds like unreal feckin craic

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Lucky bastard. Rub it in, why don't you.

We discussed this while watching These Charming Men. To be honest the gig was great but not sensational. Hatful of Hollow tour and they were yet to become properly significant artists. Bad venue (Leisureland)and decent but not peerless material. Glad I saw them but wish I'd seen them again later. No idea why I didn't. Too late now.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    We discussed this while watching These Charming Men. To be honest the gig was great but not sensational. Hatful of Hollow tour and they were yet to become properly significant artists. Bad venue (Leisureland)and decent but not peerless material. Glad I saw them but wish I'd seen them again later. No idea why I didn't. Too late now.

Hatful of Hollow. Decent material. You're a man of high standards, Seathrun. No wonder modern music is such a letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

Hatful of Hollow. Decent material. You're a man of high standards, Seathrun. No wonder modern music is such a letdown.

My stupid, teenage narrow minded, insular, clan like, punk tunnel vision meant that I viewed The Smiths as the enemy back in the day so I never attempted to see them. What a twat I was.

Banning offence I know.

Ha ha. Definitely more than decent but when MIM & TQID came up they rose up a few levels.
    High standards demanded on this here thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Weezer let out a Tweet in the last 24hrs see you soon IRL not sure if it refers to us..

• Advertisement

Weezer let out a Tweet in the last 24hrs see you soon IRL not sure if it refers to us..

Maybe Body&Soul on Tuesday, would Weezer be a sort of Body & Soul type of band? Their tour dates suggest an opening for the Summer Solstice period as they are playing Rock Werchter on 28th June in Belgium whilst in August 30th they will be in Colorado. https://weezer.com/tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

In Real Life, as in they're starting their spring tour soon

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

PJ Harvey would be a brilliant addition. No reason, just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

sweetie wrote: »
    PJ Harvey would be a brilliant addition. No reason, just saying.

Agreed. She should have been on the line-up when she was touring in 2016/17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Been listening to the new talos album far out dust on repeat the last few days. Strong album with some cracking tunes. More than happy to see him (them) back at EP this year. Body and soul main stage would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I wouldn't be suprised to see Rita Ora appear. She finishes a world tour in May and has no Irish dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Any latest on Body and Soul ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Any latest on Body and Soul ?

They are announcing their lineup tomorrow apparently. If you mean regarding them being at EP, not sure where the rumour came from or if its true but on job advertisements they had advertised during the year they had said that it includes working on the Body & Soul area of Electric Picnic so I'm presuming they will be there as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Come on Picnic thread ENTERTAIN ME!!

• Advertisement

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Come on Picnic thread ENTERTAIN ME!!

Fatfrog unveils Robbie Williams as 2019 heritage act.

Advertisement