Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭buried

Yves Tumor, Sophie, Aphex Twin and Danny Brown - Please thank you Santa very much

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

showpony1 wrote: »
    i can't see them going that far - Hozier would cover one of those big irish act slots, usually the Coronas are there.

I was just going on the ones we avoided last year. I don't think we'll escape Kodaline two consecutive years though hopefully Picture This & others are not due til 2020 or later.

And what about Squeeze, SLF, Heaven 17? They finally make it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Anderson Paak possibly and maybe Roybn and Aphex Twin, at least they're the acts I'm most hoping for.

Robyn would be near the top of my wishlist, her last date on her tour is at a festival in Stockholm on August 17th which is her hometown. I'm thinking that might be her last show of the tour but we can hope for EP.

She is in the UK on the August bank holiday weekend so slightly surprised she wasn't announced for ATN. Would she be a possibility for Beatyard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Robyn would be near the top of my wishlist, her last date on her tour is at a festival in Stockholm on August 17th which is her hometown. I'm thinking that might be her last show of the tour but we can hope for EP.

She is in the UK on the August bank holiday weekend so slightly surprised she wasn't announced for ATN. Would she be a possibility for Beatyard?

It would be a big shout for Beatyard.

I don't see it but I would welcome it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Has anyone done the installment plan with Podpads and know when the installments are due? I have emailed them but just thought someone on here might know..

Edit - got my answer, they will be taken on 27th of each month, last one taken 27th June in case anyone else needs to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

Grace Jones playing Bristol (Down Fest) Aug 31st. surely EP one of the other days?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Has anyone done the installment plan with Podpads and know when the installments are due? I have emailed them but just thought someone on here might know..

Edit - got my answer, they will be taken on 27th of each month, last one taken 27th June in case anyone else needs to know!

Oh! Didn't realise you could do instalments with the podpads. That's handy to know for next year. The upfront cost always seems too much to me.

Follow up/slightly related question: Has anyone got their campervan tickets yet? Bought at the same time as the festival tickets which have arrived. No sign of the campervan one though and I'm starting to worry. What happens if your address changes before they send out the tickets? Do I have to call to change the postal address?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Oh! Didn't realise you could do instalments with the podpads. That's handy to know for next year. The upfront cost always seems too much to me.

Well you have to pay 50% upfront and then the rest is taken in installments, it's still a lot better than the whole lot upfront

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Davydeath wrote: »
    Grace Jones playing Bristol (Down Fest) Aug 31st. surely EP one of the other days?

4 years since we last had her, she was phenomenal, would love to see her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hoping kodaline 2 shows in Dublin end of may rules them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mucker46 wrote: »

I don't mind, give and take there will be a few sh1t headliners as long as there is some good headliners as well and a solid under card of acts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mucker46 wrote: »

Usually i would say its 100% unlikely for them to play but after Picture This/Gavin James and Corona's all doing summer shows in Dublin last year but still ended up playing EP last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

I don't mind, give and take there will be a few sh1t headliners as long as there is some good headliners as well and a solid under card of acts.

+1
    too much paranoia about who might play thats cringeable,
    as BD said there will be horrible acts, thats a given,
    its not an indie alternative festival anymore

Sure, one mans vomit is another mans delight,
    Im sure the hoards enjoying coronas, picture this etc
    werent too worried about the grumbling chin-strokers on boards!

lets look forward to who might play that will charm the cotton socks off you,
    having had a good aul whinge about the depleting undercard last year
    i still had a blast and there was plenty of quality to keep me busy,

Although, i'm still in counselling about missing Sigrid,
    didnt know anything about her until two weeks after EP!
    greatest thing to happen to pop music in a long time,
    I was at Gomez and Pillow Queens when she was on
    which aint all that bad, at least i wasn't in the tent scratching my arse!

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Mucker46

+1
    too much paranoia about who might play thats cringeable,
    as BD said there will be horrible acts, thats a given,
    its not an indie alternative festival anymore

Sure, one mans vomit is another mans delight,
    Im sure the hoards enjoying coronas, picture this etc
    werent too worried about the grumbling chin-strokers on boards!

lets look forward to who might play that will charm the cotton socks off you,
    having had a good aul whinge about the depleting undercard last year
    i still had a blast and there was plenty of quality to keep me busy,

Although, i'm still in counselling about missing Sigrid,
    didnt know anything about her until two weeks after EP!
    greatest thing to happen to pop music in a long time,
    I was at Gomez and Pillow Queens when she was on
    which aint all that bad, at least i wasn't in the tent scratching my arse!

cheers

Fully agree had a blast last year best in a while so not too worried about some headliners I don't like but don't want them dominating as like the late night main stage buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There's 10 X €2k grants for making a caravan....
    https://www.joe.ie/music/electric-picnic-caravan-festival-659823

What would you make, I'd find it hard to top the evening in the Christmas caravan reenacting the jig scene out of father Ted and the caravan rammed with people, some crack!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Follow up/slightly related question: Has anyone got their campervan tickets yet? Bought at the same time as the festival tickets which have arrived. No sign of the campervan one though and I'm starting to worry. What happens if your address changes before they send out the tickets? Do I have to call to change the postal address?

Campervan tickets don't arrive until about 10 days out. Even less sometimes. I think it's to avoid fake tickets as they are not as sophisticated as regular tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

There's 10 X €2k grants for making a caravan....
    https://www.joe.ie/music/electric-picnic-caravan-festival-659823

What would you make, I'd find it hard to top the evening in the Christmas caravan reenacting the jig scene out of father Ted and the caravan rammed with people, some crack!

Get into the Karaoke caravan and you're just about there! It's a must for us on the Friday night with a few beers on board. First year I was convinced it was going to tip over during Dancing Queen and also Don't Stop Me Now.

It's great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Campervan tickets don't arrive until about 10 days out. Even less sometimes. I think it's to avoid fake tickets as they are not as sophisticated as regular tickets.

The new regular tickets have gone from sophisticated to flimsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 CantonaGod

Spiritualized confirmed for Forbidden Fruit on BH Monday....take it this rules them out of EP???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hozié new album out now

• Advertisement

CantonaGod wrote: »
    Spiritualized confirmed for Forbidden Fruit on BH Monday....take it this rules them out of EP???

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Grace Jones is amazing live, Shes mesmerising!

My dream acts would be Royscopp and Robyn.

Some have popped up on done deal, are they fakes was tempted to buy one but there price gouging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Some have popped up on done deal, are they fakes was tempted to buy one but there price gouging.

They are being sold in advance of being in hand. Wait until the final week and you will get one for pretty much face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

last year EP tickets were in high demand right up until the week of it so i don't think the prices dropped off much. i saw people looking for €350 etc on Adverts/done deal

I think tickets are going to have to be transfered/sold electronically in the future.

With any transfer of tickets having to be done via an offical non profiting app/website at cost price.

Don't buy above market price.

I feel sickened seeing people on social media having money robbed off them from supposed sellers. Equally sickened seeing actual sellers selling for way over market.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think tickets are going to have to be transfered/sold electronically in the future.

With any transfer of tickets having to be done via an offical non profiting app/website at cost price.

It's already sort of started on ticketmaster website, the transfer tickets is a great function. Still a bit of risk and trust involved for both parties though.

showpony1 wrote: »
    last year EP tickets were in high demand right up until the week of it so i don't think the prices dropped off much. i saw people looking for €350 etc on Adverts/done deal

It' was nuts on adverts last year I was short one ticket for my sister and the amount of **** heads on there was unreal, finally arranged to buy the ticket from a guy in portlaoise and we were collecting it within the hour got to portlaoise and he said someone gave him more money while we were driving...could have boxed his lights out.... eventually got one in the village at face value...350 is cheap they were paying 500+ in the end.

maximoose wrote: »
    It's already sort of started on ticketmaster website, the transfer tickets is a great function. Still a bit of risk and trust involved for both parties though.

I've never used it,

What level of trust is involved? The money transfer? Have you used this and was it quite easy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've never used it,

What level of trust is involved? The money transfer? Have you used this and was it quite easy?

It's very easy to do. Takes a couple of minutes, cancels the original tickets and provides the buyer with new ones.

I've sold 3 sets of tickets this way.

1 buyer I met in person, transferred the tickets while with him and he then gave me the cash.

2x the buyer sent me the cash by revolut and I then transferred the tickets to their account.

In either scenario there's a chance for the seller / buyer to pull a fast one!

Advertisement