Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

maximoose wrote: »
    It's very easy to do. Takes a couple of minutes, cancels the original tickets and provides the buyer with new ones.

I've sold 3 sets of tickets this way.

1 buyer I met in person, transferred the tickets while with him and he then gave me the cash.

2x the buyer sent me the cash by revolut and I then transferred the tickets to their account.

In either scenario there's a chance for the seller / buyer to pull a fast one!

Thank you Maximoose, very cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Campervan tickets don't arrive until about 10 days out. Even less sometimes. I think it's to avoid fake tickets as they are not as sophisticated as regular tickets.

Ah thanks for that. Gonna have to call them then to update the address. My sister will be long gone from her current place before August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

maximoose wrote: »
    It's very easy to do. Takes a couple of minutes, cancels the original tickets and provides the buyer with new ones.

I've sold 3 sets of tickets this way.

1 buyer I met in person, transferred the tickets while with him and he then gave me the cash.

2x the buyer sent me the cash by revolut and I then transferred the tickets to their account.

In either scenario there's a chance for the seller / buyer to pull a fast one!

I've found after being scammed a few times that if you get their number and save to your phone they will appear in your suggested contacts under Instagram etc and will be able to see their picture on Whatsapp so usually get a fair idea if legit.The one time i didn't do this i never received the tickets - however i received the money back from PayPal after i registered a complaint so safer to go through PayPal(usually if legit their paypal email will be there actual name too) than send money over bank transfer.

On the other end of the spectrum i once ended up with an extra EP ticket and agreed to meet a guy outside my own gym to give it to him on Toutless - I've lots of posts on Toutless nearly all where i am looking to buy myself so fairly obviously not a fake account and was meeting in a wide open location in view of the gym security.

The guy however arrived looking terrified as if i was going to rob him at knife point! i gave him the tickets in exchange for the cash and as i was walking away he sprinted after me in a panic asking how come the date on the ticket was June and not November if this was an "Early Bird" ticket - i was stumped for an answer and he demanded his cash back off me for a completly legitimate ticket!

I only thought as he walked away that it was the printing/issuing date of the ticket not the purchase date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Rfrip wrote: »
    Grace Jones is amazing live, Shes mesmerising!

My dream acts would be Royscopp and Robyn.

Superb in 2005. Sandwiched between Arcade Fire & Kraftwerk in the Electric Arena. An evening to tell yer kids about.

Do they play much these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Superb in 2005. Sandwiched between Arcade Fire & Kraftwerk in the Electric Arena. An evening to tell yer kids about.

Do they play much these days?

Seem to just playing Norway in June and that’s it..they don’t seem to be travelling far!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Any leaks or announcements for this yet.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Yves Tumor, that's all i know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Think the only decent leak we ever had was a day or two before hand two years ago when someone just their mitts on the initial poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,020 ✭✭✭endainoz

Think the only decent leak we ever had was a day or two before hand two years ago when someone just their mitts on the initial poster.

I think it was 2013 when John Carrol released the headliners a day before the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Always surprised at how little leaks there are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mucker46 wrote: »
    Always surprised at how little leaks there are.

Great leaks I remember 2011, there were a few other crackers that got out before the official launch, courtesy of The Log and a few others who used to do a thread in the old EP forum called 'Confirmed for the Picnic.' In some ways an early leak can jeopardise an acts tour of standalone gigs if they are announced in the festival too early. Just hoping for a good few acts to help me dream through the summer. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Great leaks I remember 2011, there were a few other crackers that got out before the official launch, courtesy of The Log and a few others who used to do a thread in the old EP forum called 'Confirmed for the Picnic.' In some ways an early leak can jeopardise an acts tour of standalone gigs if they are announced in the festival too early. Just hoping for a good few acts to help me dream through the summer. :)

I've often wondered about this. Any ideasof the pay differential for a band between playing a festival and a stand alone gig? Presumably the headliners charge more or less the same regardless, and unfortunately a lot of the smaller bands are doing it more for exposure than pay, but i wonder how it affects the mid tier bands.

There seem to be a lot of bands that play summer festivals and then go on to sell out the olympia that october/nov e.g. king kong company, first aid kit etc

Kings Of Leon

+ Franz Ferdinand, Echo & The Bunnymen and Sam Fender

Liverpool August 30th

Getting close, hopefully we can ride out this wave.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/major-act-kings-leon-announced-15911358

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was reading parts an interview with Sigrid over the weekend. Apparently her favourite gig so far was EP last year. So much so that her latest song was inspired by the gig.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Was reading parts an interview with Sigrid over the weekend. Apparently her favourite gig so far was EP last year. So much so that her latest song was inspired by the gig.

While i'm not a fan of all her stuff (she has some really good tracks). I was impressed at EP gig and think she's a great role model.

She's just got an infectious great attitude. I hope that never changes within years of the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

BaZmO* wrote: »
    While i'm not a fan of all her stuff (she has some really good tracks). I was impressed at EP gig and think she's a great role model.

She's just got an infectious great attitude. I hope that never changes within years of the industry.

My eldest fella just turned 12. I got him tickets for her show in November. I figure she's a good start for his gig-going career. She's a very impressive character altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Kings Of Leon

+ Franz Ferdinand, Echo & The Bunnymen and Sam Fender

Liverpool August 30th

Getting close, hopefully we can ride out this wave.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/major-act-kings-leon-announced-15911358

It would be surprising if we didn't get a couple of those as the dates and proximity are so suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Keith Flint RIP :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Keith Flint RIP :-(

Crazy news, so sad :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Crazy news, so sad :(

Only 49 apparently! Sad news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

That’s sad about Keith, thought he was an absolute beast last year. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Was coming on to whinge that there’s an awesome line up in Belfastvthe Saturday before EP that there’s not a hope I’ll get to.
    Stiff Little Fingers, New Model Army and Therapy, 3 bands that were a big part of my teenage years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Poorside wrote: »
    Was coming on to whinge that there’s an awesome line up in Belfastvthe Saturday before EP that there’s not a hope I’ll get to.
    Stiff Little Fingers, New Model Army and Therapy, 3 bands that were a big part of my teenage years.

All 3 would be great for EP. Amazed that SLF have never played.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Keith flint news is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Just got word about the EP launch party next week.
    Not long left to wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Davydeath

smashing pumpkins and noel gallagher both ruled out. North American Tour announced for all of August

Davydeath wrote: »
    smashing pumpkins and noel gallagher both ruled out. North American Tour announced for all of August

I wouldn't have imagined they would work well touring together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Effects wrote: »
    Just got word about the EP launch party next week.
    Not long left to wait now.

any leaked acts?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    any leaked acts?

Not that I've heard, just got the invite.
    Acts usually released the morning of the launch.

Advertisement