Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

Chic are playing St.Anne's Park in June - though they played Malahide Castle last June and still showed up at the Picnic. How are they so often in UK/Ireland?

Still wouldn't mind seeing them pop up for some easy listening - probably prefer on a sunny day at ATN though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Davydeath wrote:
    smashing pumpkins and noel gallagher both ruled out. North American Tour announced for all of August

Phew, that was close

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Effects wrote: »
    I wouldn't have imagined they would work well touring together.

Along with AFI supporting them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

showpony1 wrote: »
    Chic are playing St.Anne's Park in June. How are they so often in UK/Ireland?

Happy enough to keep collecting cheques I'd imagine.

Along with AFI supporting them

Smashing-Pumpkins-2018.jpg?w=980&q=75

A bit embarrassing looking. Even the rent a bass at the end can't face looking into the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

All 3 would be great for EP. Amazed that SLF have never played.

Can't work that one out. Maybe an issue with the promoters?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Effects wrote:
    A bit embarrassing looking. Even the rent a bass at the end can't face looking into the camera.

Looks like the are eying up an all you can eat buffet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

The Black Eyed Peas are on a lot of European Summer festivals & haven't seen any mention of them coming to Ireland.
    Could pop up in one of those Saturday night slots filling the NERD/Tribe Called Quest spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Black Eyed Peas are on a lot of European Summer festivals & haven't seen any mention of them coming to Ireland.
    Could pop up in one of those Saturday night slots filling the NERD/Tribe Called Quest spot.

Fcuk them always thought they were one of the acts that made Oxegen sh1t, keep them away from EP please. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

down with this sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone think we'll see Little Big this year...have they ever played Ireland?

Fcuk them always thought they were one of the acts that made Oxegen sh1t, keep them away from EP please. :)

Ha ha. Seconded BD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

showpony1 wrote:
    The Black Eyed Peas are on a lot of European Summer festivals & haven't seen any mention of them coming to Ireland. Could pop up in one of those Saturday night slots filling the NERD/Tribe Called Quest spot.

Pretty harsh on NERD/Tribe Called Quest comparing them to that sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Is there a decent idea with regards to who the headliners will be at this stage?

I haven’t really been keeping tabs as closely as most other years, but I’ve seen the below mentioned a few times;

- The 1975: Playing every festival it seems;
    - 21 Pilots: Playing every festival it seems;
    - Hozier: On tour, with an EP sized gap in his schedule (could see this being a later announcement);
    - Kings of Leon: Playing in Liverpool on the Friday;
    - Florence and the Machine: Probably less likely, but touring Europe this summer with dates running until 30th August.

I also expect there to be a dance/heritage act or two, but I’m not too sure who that’ll be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

endainoz wrote: »
    Pretty harsh on NERD/Tribe Called Quest comparing them to that sh!te

Yup, smacks of ignorance really. BEPs are the Maroon 5 of hip-pop. Nothing like those acts who have distinguished careers and deserved respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Is there a decent idea with regards to who the headliners will be at this stage?

I haven’t really been keeping tabs as closely as most other years, but I’ve seen the below mentioned a few times;

The 1975: Playing every festival it seems;
    21 Pilots: Playing every festival it seems;
    Hozier: On tour, with an EP sized gap in his schedule (could see this being a later announcement);
    Kings of Leon: Playing in Liverpool on the Friday:
    Florence and the Machine: Probably less likely, but touring Europe this summer with dates running until 30th August.

I also expect there to be a dance/heritage act or two, but I’m not too sure who that’ll be!

Add in Tame Impala, surely a dead cert now. Groove Armada also a strong possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Add in Tame Impala, surely a dead cert now. Groove Armada also a strong possibility.

Unless Beatyard snaps them up (GA).

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Unless Beatyard snaps them up (GA).

I'd say very slim chance of Tame Impala playing Beat Yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

I'd say very slim chance of Tame Impala playing Beat Yard.

He's talking about Groove armada (GA)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Yup, smacks of ignorance really. BEPs are the Maroon 5 of hip-pop. Nothing like those acts who have distinguished careers and deserved respect.

To be fair, Maroon 5 have probably had 1 or 2 reasonable songs at this stage.

To borrow an internet meme thingy, BEP can f**k off, and when they get there, they can f**k off from there too, then they can f**k off some more and keep f**king off until they get back here.

Then they can f**k off again.

• Advertisement

To borrow an internet meme thingy, BEP can f**k off, and when they get there, they can f**k off from there too, then they can f**k off some more and keep f**king off until they get back here.

Then they can f**k off again.

Getting tired of your fence-sitting Scruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

me arse is raw red from it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

me arse is raw red from it

That's an unfortunate one to have at the top of the page, Scruff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

BEP's first 2 albums are actually pretty good, quite similar to ATCQ's type of hiphop. Chali 2Na (of Jurassic 5) and Mos Def are on their 2nd album.
    then Fergie joined and they started making pop stuff and it all went to absolute sh1t (and they got very rich as a result).

https://open.spotify.com/album/5naKMJdJKh6GnbkZkBbyVL?si=3IaXwN6MQBysvtK7LiMh6Q

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭dav09

BEP's first 2 albums are actually pretty good, quite similar to ATCQ's type of hiphop. Chali 2Na (of Jurassic 5) and Mos Def are on their 2nd album.
    then Fergie joined and they started making pop stuff and it all went to absolute sh1t (and they got very rich as a result).
    I also agree, their first two albums were very well received and are decent (before Fergie joined), they were originally signed by Eazy E so to discredit any talent would be harsh. Their newest music since she's left has also been far better than any of the rubbish they've put out in the 15 years, far less commercial. Personally, I'd be happy with them playing as long as it was more raw hip hop, none of that pop rubbish.

He's talking about Groove armada (GA)

Of course. That makes much more sense for Beat Yard!

No, they haven't. Not a single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

No Smashing Pumpkins for Ireland,

Best we have is Billy Corgan fully seated show June 19th Olympia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

No Smashing Pumpkins for Ireland,

Best we have is Billy Corgan fully seated show June 19th Olympia

That's disappointing.

The Smashing Pumpkins are one of my favourite bands but Corgan on his own isn't great. I saw him about 12 years ago or so in the Ambassador and it was dull and dragged out.

I wonder why they can't play and SP show here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No, they haven't. Not a single one.

Early stuff was alright to be fair, went downhill pretty quick though.

Advertisement