Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Flaming lips are playing soft bulletin album

Fri 5 Sep – Usher Hall, Edinburgh
    Fri 6 Sep – Manchester Academy
    Sat 7 Sep – O2 Academy, Brixton

Have played EP a few times

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There must not have been any artists anywhere else in 08 - must have been the best line up ever in Ireland? (Subjective obviously) My one and only Oxygen was a good one!

Was at Oxegen from 06-11 and have to say 08 for me def had the strongest line up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

peteeeed wrote:

Would be delighted with that, never saw them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think Reading & Leeds are having another announcement tomorrow, might give us a few hints. Not many on their lineup I would like so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Whitney's probably ruled out, playing Academy on the 1st December and their European tour ends two weeks before EP starts. Still possible but very unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The Flaming Lips are playing a few dates in the UK for the 20th anniversary of The Soft Bulletin in early September. Any possibility?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

peteeeed wrote: »

Oh wow. That would make my entire weekend. By far my fave Lips album. Stunning in Galway last July & this would be even better. Please make it happen EP.

Edit - in Italy on 1 Sept so only the Fri or Sat of EP are possible. But surely a good chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Oh wow. That would make my entire weekend. By far my fave Lips album. Stunning in Galway last July & this would be even better. Please make it happen EP.

Edit - in Italy on 1 Sept so only the Fri or Sat of EP are possible. But surely a good chance?

Their set in ‘05 still strong in the memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dany Hitch

Wooderson wrote: »
    Their set in ‘05 still strong in the memory.

That was a great set! Bouncing, inflatable orbs all over the stage and crowd if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

peteeeed wrote: »

Oops, hadn't seen this when I posted- great minds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

We can rule out Groove Armada anyway. Fecking Beatyard beat them to it!! Also they announced Todd Terje, Grandmaster Flash, Jungle & Chvrches. Really good announcement from them, shame it is on the same weekend as ATN.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

We can rule out Groove Armada anyway. Fecking Beatyard beat them to it!! Also they announced Todd Terje, Grandmaster Flash, Jungle & Chvrches. Really good announcement from them, shame it is on the same weekend as ATN.

Chvrches were excellent at ep last year was hoping they would make an appearance at ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get hozier hate either...

He may not be everyone's cup of tea but at least he's original and diverse

Saw Hozier in Killarney, just before Christmas - he was incredible - I was really impressed - nice rapport with audience, didn't take himself seriously - and his vocals really brill. Sooooooooooooo I'd be happy to see him on a big stage - I mean last year Picture This were - if they can - surely Hozier can?!*

Chvrches were excellent at ep last year was hoping they would make an appearance at ATN

Agreed , but since i didnt get a ticket for ATN ill happily go to Beatyard now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

ah balls, would have love to have seen Todd Terje again
    Least Tame Impala or Roybn wernt announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Judes wrote: »
    Saw Hozier in Killarney, just before Christmas - he was incredible - I was really impressed - nice rapport with audience, didn't take himself seriously - and his vocals really brill. Sooooooooooooo I'd be happy to see him on a big stage - I mean last year Picture This were - if they can - surely Hozier can?!*

He played the main stage in 2014. He'd probably be a headline or sub-headline act if he was announced, so main stage again imo.

He played the main stage in 2014. He'd probably be a headline or sub-headline act if he was announced, so main stage again imo.

Yea if he is announced he will be one of the headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Hopefully he brings Mavis Staples with him. She was one of my highlights last year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Hopefully he brings Mavis Staples with him. She was one of my highlights last year

Didn't Hozier pop up and play a few songs with her actually? Don't think he was on the bill or anything

Eod100 wrote: »
    Didn't Hozier pop up and play a few songs with her actually? Don't think he was on the bill or anything

Yea i think he popped up to sing his new song with her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

That 2014 late afternoon/early evening crowd was the biggest I've ever seen at EP. He's a sub-headliner at the very least.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    That 2014 late afternoon/early evening crowd was the biggest I've ever seen at EP. He's a sub-headliner at the very least.

Would imagine he would be sub-headliner alright if he's playing.

He's playing Irish Independent Park in Cork in June. Say it's easily his biggest standalone gig in Ireland so will be interesting to see crowd for that. Think max capacity is 12,000. It's on a Tuesday too so not ideal. And Belsonic in Belfast then too.

Guess with EP being sold-out wouldn't really affect ticket sales for those if he was announced before the gigs.

He's playing Irish Independent Park in Cork in June. Say it's easily his biggest standalone gig in Ireland so will be interesting to see crowd for that. Think max capacity is 12,000. It's on a Tuesday too so not ideal. And Belsonic in Belfast then too.

Guess with EP being sold-out wouldn't really affect ticket sales for those if he was announced before the gigs.

Id say they will wait till after his gigs are finished before being announced for Picnic. People might skip getting tickets for the his standalone shows if they know he is playing EP

Id say they will wait till after his gigs are finished before being announced for Picnic. People might skip getting tickets for the his standalone shows if they know he is playing EP

Yeah possibly but guess it would only apply to people who already had EP tickets so dunno would it be huge overlap. If he hadn't a new album out, I'd have thought that those 3 gigs in space of a few months might be a lot but with new album you'd never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The prodigy were due to play at electric picnic according to today fm

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Any chance of more tix being released when the lineup comes out?

Rfrip wrote: »

Two years in a row?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

They were to play Glastonbury also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Now that's what I call BS.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I am getting spammed like crazy with ads for this concert on Facebook. Not sure if I just tick the right algorithm or is it a sign of poor sales! I thought it would sell very well but haven't heard of anyone who is going along to it yet. I'd say the whole run of II Park gigs could get a nice boost in the days leading up to them if the weather is good. Only George Ezra sold out at the moment.

I'd guess Hozier to be the top line of the second announcement. It's what they did with Picture This last year - a popular act to get a prominent slot but one that probably wouldn't cost as much as a popular US/UK act, for example. Last year, it was the Prodigy and Picture This.

Advertisement