Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

You're doing it again lads. Can we ban all optimistic predictions until after the announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Stillill42 wrote: »
    You're doing it again lads. Can we ban all optimistic predictions until after the announcement?

In fairness these are realistic predictions unlike mentioned the 'R' word or Daft Punk etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Could someone please reassure me that tame impala are not going to be announced for this new festival

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rfrip wrote:
    Could someone please reassure me that tame impala are not going to be announced for this new festival

I'd say they are way too big not to have as an EP headliner

endainoz wrote: »
    I'd say they are way too big not to have as an EP headliner

Thank you...just needed someone to put my mind at ease

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mr.S wrote: »

Why move the posts? Many relating to both EP and this prospective new festival so aligned to this thread. That information on both will be announced by FR next week means they're more or less interrelated and this thread has just had several EP posts removed. Seems to me a little bit of butchery disguised as editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

Paddy2012 wrote: »
    Mall Grab played last year so are probably unlikely, I would like a lot of that but I doubt many of them are even touring at the moment.

I think MG is popular enough, yet not necessarily "too big" to have again tbh. Also most of my predictions are based off of which artists are playing concerts in Europe around the time of EP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭Mucker46

The waterboys have a new album out and tour dates show them back on the road early September so EP must be a potential

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Really want to see Little Big on the list, russian punk rave, really look like a hoot live.

Really hope ED Sheeran isn't there.

I haven't asked myself those kind of questions since watching Avatar....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

173 sleeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mucker46 wrote: »
    The waterboys have a new album out and tour dates show them back on the road early September so EP must be a potential

Playing the Fever Pitch festival in Galway on 1 June. Probably not an exclusive so a fair chance of EP. If so a late night tent slot would be better than their early evening main stage last time.

Stray Cats are also touring but dates are against EP. Be nice to see them do a fest here. Any fest.

Moving Hearts another possibility. Playing NCH in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Surely a decent chance of Gerry Cinnamon being announced in the line up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Playing the Fever Pitch festival in Galway on 1 June. Probably not an exclusive so a fair chance of EP. If so a late night tent slot would be better than their early evening main stage last time.

Stray Cats are also touring but dates are against EP. Be nice to see them do a fest here. Any fest.

Moving Hearts another possibility. Playing NCH in July.

B-52's could be great too doing the Garbage slot on the Sunday, also touring the summer and adding dates here and there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Was just beginning to think I am so over this week already but then remembered the announcement on Wednesday woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭fourmations

Was just beginning to think I am so over this week already but then remembered the announcement on Wednesday woohoo!
    lets hope its not the worst part of the week! ;)

Ive done the worst possible thing and have convinced myself that Robyn is going to be announced. So come Wednesday when shes not im going to be heartbroken

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    Ive done the worst possible thing and have convinced myself that Robyn is going to be announced. So come Wednesday when shes not im going to be heartbroken

I have done the opposite and convinced myself this years line up is going to be crap. Would love to see Robyn there and seems the ideal opportunity to do it but not getting my hopes up.

Wouldn't mind a bit of this craic walking back to the campsite!

https://twitter.com/jercorley/status/1104243243250868224

I have done the opposite and convinced myself this years line up is going to be crap. Would love to see Robyn there and seems the ideal opportunity to do it but not getting my hopes up.

Wouldn't mind a bit of this craic walking back to the campsite!

https://twitter.com/jercorley/status/1104243243250868224

oh stop i know! watched that clip a lot over the wkend.....i just have it in my bones shes playing. Time will tell.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭Stillill42

All quiet in the EP thread. The calm before the storm. You could cut the tension with a knife.

Hopefully some tickets come up for sale with the impending whinge brigade. I'm short two tickets and really hope to grab them at face value, toutless quiet so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Probably will be, but now is prime gouging time.

You'd have better luck closer to Sept for getting face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Burgerbuns11

Come on Tame Impala!!
    Put me out of my misery

maximoose wrote:

Yeah we'll see, I'll come across them some way

That EP banter page on FB seems to be a sewer of scammers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

maximoose wrote: »
    Probably will be, but now is prime gouging time.

Depending on how the EP / TBC lineups are aligned, it could be that the new festival might cater for a specific genre that is absent in the EP lineup and that could cause people to jump ship and thus freeing up some tickets.

If the new festival is "Electric Light" and contains the likes of Kodaline, Picture This, etc ... I reckon that will cause a shift for many of the younger folk. We will know soon enough I suppose.

If the new festival is "Electric Light" and contains the likes of Kodaline, Picture This, etc ... I reckon that will cause a shift for many of the younger folk. We will know soon enough I suppose.

Sounds like a dream scenario!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

We've nothing that resembles a proper Weekender, it's all selfies, lighters in the air, bring the kids on a Thursday and the Grandparents on Sunday.

Calvin Harris
    Deadmau5
    Carol Cox
    Faithless
    Tiesto
    Hardwell
    Swedish House Mafia
    Paul VanDyk
    Chemical Brothers
    Apex Twin
    Martin Garrick
    Black Keys
    Fatboy

Over 18's only, no photos allowed and anyone heard playing Mumford and Sons in the campsite is barred for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's the best thing could happen, move all the wavey lighters stuff off to another festival and put the electric back in the picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Carol Cox and Apex Twin would be pretty amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

It's the best thing could happen, move all the wavey lighters stuff off to another festival and put the electric back in the picnic.

I would be worried the opposite will happen and it will be a festival aimed at the older crowd to allow EP to focus on the younger festival goers. I guess we will see tomorrow!

Advertisement